UPSB v4

Off-topic / JailBreaking The Cydia

1. Hidekyo
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 00:15:58

Anyone have a jailbroken ipod or iphone? Lets talk about the great features recommend any apps? Um any themes?

2. iColor
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 00:22:03

I usually splice themes together using SSH.

3. Colin
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 00:27:14

Jailbreaking the cydia lolwut? Im not hardcore or anything. I just want to have a nice looking iPhone/iPods and maybe a game here and there. I have an iPhone 2g running 3.1.3, jailbroken with Redsnow 0.94. Unjailbroken iPod Touch 2g running 4.0.2, and an unopened iPod Touch 4. :D

4. SuiXidaL
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 01:24:48

K so i fucked up. I installed gridlock for my ipod. then i try to move the apps around and accidentally delete cydia, couldnt find a way to reinstall it so i planned to reformat my ipod then re-jailbreak it. I got limera1n and now each time i try to jailbreak i have to restore my ipod on itunes, THEN it wont restore because of some error :/ Any help would be appreciated D:

5. AwonW
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 01:27:41

Colin wrote: Jailbreaking the cydia lolwut?
    I know right?

6. Colin
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 01:35:28

Krispy Kreme wrote: K so i fucked up. I installed gridlock for my ipod. then i try to move the apps around and accidentally delete cydia, couldnt find a way to reinstall it so i planned to reformat my ipod then re-jailbreak it. I got limera1n and now each time i try to jailbreak i have to restore my ipod on itunes, THEN it wont restore because of some error :/ Any help would be appreciated D:
    you deleted your cydia..what..? is this possible? try SBsettings (if you have that installed) and unhide the icon. i dunno. also, is yours the 4th gen? hows the camera? im gonna open it today :p Im scared of scratching it caiuse im not gonna put on a case :(

7. SuiXidaL
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 01:43:42

i formatted my ipod so i could re jailbreak it :/ but it wouldnt let me jail break it... If oyu have gridlock, and you press down on the screen for liek a few seconds ALL the apps including the default apps can be deleted :/ so i accidentally deleted cydia..

8. J A Z Z
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 01:47:19

lolumad?

9. SuiXidaL
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 02:10:20

._______.

10. walrus
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 02:16:43

this is illegal right? shoeman6 can give you infractions for this stuff >.> T_____________________________T

11. MystikSun
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 02:24:31

Jan wrote: this is illegal right? shoeman6 can give you infractions for this stuff >.> T_____________________________T
    Legal in the US. Apple just doesn't like it though.

12. JackyMacky
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 02:52:09

Jan wrote: this is illegal right? shoeman6 can give you infractions for this stuff >.> T_____________________________T
    it's legal. >.> http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-unlock-iphone-officially-legal/

13. SuiXidaL
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 03:29:15

WHO THE FUCK CARES =D Everyone 'cool' does it ;D And i solved my problem with help from KTrinh's random friend >:3

14. Metronome
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 04:00:13

Google it.

15. Frip
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 04:08:18

Leave the thread. now. good jb stuff: iconoclasm, iconharvester, yourtube, winterboard lol derp, and def gpsPhone

16. Colin
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 04:16:31

Frip wrote: Leave the thread. now. good jb stuff: iconoclasm, iconharvester, yourtube, winterboard lol derp, and def gpsPhone
    what is winterboard :? Im into Jailbreaking for the looks. Lockscreens..icons..all that good shit. Fruit ninja and Angry birds are a fucking MUST. Osu! is kinda fun

17. SuiXidaL
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 04:19:48

gpsPhone is a GBA emulator, every gba game is available to play on your ipod/iphone INCLUDING POKEMON :D theres this cydia app called 'Theme it' google and and the site should give you instructions on how to install it. It has all the high retina apps but you have to pay for them. Free ones are coming out soon because this app was recently launched, an app is like $1-$3 max

18. Colin
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 04:26:56

I dont wanna sound stupid, but what does [high] retina mean? I alwasy thought it referred to the 4th gen iphones/pods cause it hd the front facing camera, which i thought referred to eye scanning or someshit. retina,,eye..you know

19. Mike
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 04:32:18

Colin;57624]I dont wanna sound stupid, but what does [high] retina mean? I alwasy thought it referred to the 4th gen iphones/pods cause it hd the front facing camera, which i thought referred to eye scanning or someshit. retina,,eye..you know[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Colin wrote: what is winterboard :? Im into Jailbreaking for the looks. Lockscreens..icons..all that good shit. Fruit ninja and Angry birds are a fucking MUST. Osu! is kinda fun
    Really Colin? I thought you knew about this sort of stuff? Winterboard is what allows you to add different themes to your iPod. Ratina Display, is what the iPhone 4, and iPod Touch 4 have. Think of it as an insert printed out in 300 dpi, opposed to one printed out in 72. EDIT: Better example.

20. Colin
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 04:44:26

LOL i know what wb is. dont trip. but for the retina..i see now. hella excited then :D cant fucking deal with the 2g screen. itsterrible :(

21. XYZaki
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 05:14:49

iColor wrote: I usually splice themes together using SSH.
    SSHing is dumb. Just use iPhoneBrowser to access file system, having your battery drained WHILE you transfer files is just counterintuitive, especially taking into account the shitty transfer speeds. (And I'm assuming Wifi file transfers are even slower than USB ) OH BTW If anyone is considering buying an iPod Touch 4G, let me tell you why you shouldn't. 1. Battery life. Seriously, whose idea was it to use an 830 mAh battery to power a 960 x 640 display? (inb4 "turn off push notifications, location services, and wifi. I'm not that dumb.) 2. Viewing angle. It sucks ass. 3. USB file transfers. Fucking slow. Syncing in iTunes, or any other music program for that matter, fast. Transferring files? Slow as fuck. I may be able to play Final Fantasy with psx4all, but I sure as hell can't do it any time relatively soon. Why you should buy it. 1. It actually has apps. (Well I just came from Symbian...so yeah.) 2. 960 x 640 display is naice, like rolly noice, fronk. 3. Touch screen is way more responsive than anything I've ever used. 4. 1 Ghz processor runs everything smoothly. (Too bad the battery life defeats the fun in this) /rant. Soz. I just hate my battery life. Fuckin a.

22. Mike
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 05:21:12

XYZaki wrote: SSHing is dumb. Just use iPhoneBrowser to access file system, having your battery drained WHILE you transfer files is just counterintuitive, especially taking into account the shitty transfer speeds. (And I'm assuming Wifi file transfers are even slower than USB ) OH BTW If anyone is considering buying an iPod Touch 4G, let me tell you why you shouldn't. 1. Battery life. Seriously, whose idea was it to use an 830 mAh battery to power a 960 x 640 display? (inb4 "turn off push notifications, location services, and wifi. I'm not that dumb.) 2. Viewing angle. It sucks ass. 3. USB file transfers. Fucking slow. Syncing in iTunes, or any other music program for that matter, fast. Transferring files? Slow as fuck. I may be able to play Final Fantasy with psx4all, but I sure as hell can't do it any time relatively soon. Why you should buy it. 1. It actually has apps. (Well I just came from Symbian...so yeah.) 2. 960 x 640 display is naice, like rolly noice, fronk. 3. Touch screen is way more responsive than anything I've ever used. 4. 1 Ghz processor runs everything smoothly. (Too bad the battery life defeats the fun in this) /rant. Soz. I just hate my battery life. Fuckin a.
    Viewing angle? Unless you're constantly playing games on-the-go, I don't know how your battery dies so fast. Blame USB file transfers on iTunes. Last time I checked, I'm pretty sure that was the problem.

23. XYZaki
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 05:26:48

Mike wrote: Viewing angle? Unless you're constantly playing games on-the-go, I don't know how your battery dies so fast. Blame USB file transfers on iTunes. Last time I checked, I'm pretty sure that was the problem.
    Viewing angle, as in the angles in which you can view the display without any blue levels or other occurrence. Compared to the iPhone 4's IPS LCD, the iPod sucks. And I keep my brightness on the lowest possible almost constantly and my iPod needs charging about every 2 days (I even use Battery Pro to charge it). It also doesn't help that once it gets to 20% its basically unusable because it drops too fast to 2%. And I once charged it to 100%, then I played Asphalt for about 30 mins, battery was down to 79%. I charge my phone once a week, and it powers a 12 MP optical zoom lens. And only a 1020 mAh batery. And I don't use iTunes to transfer files o_o. Or does having it installed cause some sort of bug? I just use iPhoneBrowser to access the fs.

24. A.Sate
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 05:31:34

I used to theme icons, I could do it for anyone interested. However, I would need a template to do it, some random themes on cydia don't come with one. For more themes, check out macthemes.net. [SPOILER="Some apps and tweaks I recommend"]SBSettings- quickly change settings such as wifi, brightness, and bluetooth here. You can download more things to toggle on/off. gpSPhone- gba emulator, a hassle to set up and all, but its a great emulator! Controls are hard to get used to and some ROMs have bugs unfortunately. MXtube- download videos from youtube, so you can watch your favorite vids offline! You could also SSH the vids to your computer, which is nice. iFile- file manager, you could splice themes on the go from here, copy files, and a whole lot of othere techy things. MMP flip- iTouch only, requires Winterboard, gets rid of your Music and Videos apps into the iPod app (like an iPhone). Saves space on your iTouch and its pretty cool. Infiniboard- allows you to scroll up and down on your spring board (homescreen). May cause lag for 2nd gen iTouches, dont know about other gens.[/SPOILER]

25. Nachoaddict
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 05:31:54

@Frip I agree

26. Colin
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 05:36:49

XYZaki wrote: Viewing angle, as in the angles in which you can view the display without any blue levels or other occurrence. Compared to the iPhone 4's IPS LCD, the iPod sucks. And I keep my brightness on the lowest possible almost constantly and my iPod needs charging about every 2 days (I even use Battery Pro to charge it). It also doesn't help that once it gets to 20% its basically unusable because it drops too fast to 2%. And I once charged it to 100%, then I played Asphalt for about 30 mins, battery was down to 79%. I charge my phone once a week, and it powers a 12 MP optical zoom lens. And only a 1020 mAh batery. And I don't use iTunes to transfer files o_o. Or does having it installed cause some sort of bug? I just use iPhoneBrowser to access the fs.
    apps dont do shit when you charge it. i have it, it doesnt do anything. just cycle the battery every now and then

27. XYZaki
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 05:38:43

Colin wrote: just cycle the battery every now and then
    I do that everyday with the battery life I'm getting.

28. SuiXidaL
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 11:36:38

yay, gotta wait for an untethered jailbreak for 4.2.1 :whut: If anyone finds one for ipod 4g PLEASE TELL ME :D

29. PSProdigy
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 19:16:36

A.Sate wrote: I used to theme icons, I could do it for anyone interested. However, I would need a template to do it, some random themes on cydia don't come with one. For more themes, check out macthemes.net. [SPOILER="Some apps and tweaks I recommend"]SBSettings- quickly change settings such as wifi, brightness, and bluetooth here. You can download more things to toggle on/off. gpSPhone- gba emulator, a hassle to set up and all, but its a great emulator! Controls are hard to get used to and some ROMs have bugs unfortunately. MXtube- download videos from youtube, so you can watch your favorite vids offline! You could also SSH the vids to your computer, which is nice. iFile- file manager, you could splice themes on the go from here, copy files, and a whole lot of othere techy things. MMP flip- iTouch only, requires Winterboard, gets rid of your Music and Videos apps into the iPod app (like an iPhone). Saves space on your iTouch and its pretty cool. Infiniboard- allows you to scroll up and down on your spring board (homescreen). May cause lag for 2nd gen iTouches, dont know about other gens.[/SPOILER]
    I prefer Yourtube 2 since im on IOS 4 i9ts the same thing but i find better cuz its inside the youtube app and its can add the vids to you ipod library

30. JLSpinY
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 20:20:22

My favourite tweaks: Activator - Active apps with guestures and with buttons. AndroidLock XT - An android style lockscreen. AppInfo - Shows you detail on installed apps. Barrel - Cool springboard page transitions CyDelete - Delete cydia apps Direct Closer Pro - Close apps in the taskswitcher easily Fast Copy - Better copy and pasting FullScreen for Safari - Full screen and gestures for safari GPower Pro - Adds respring and restart to the poweroff screen Graviboard - Fun little app for the springboard Gridlock - Place your icons anywhere on the grid Icon Renamer - Rename springboard icons Iconoclasm - Arrange icon layout on springboard iFile - Browse stuff Infiniboard - Vertically scroll springboard ListLauncher - Scrolling list of apps on the search page Lock Calender - Shows upcoming calendar entries on lockscreen Lockdown Pro - Password protect any apps Multifl0w - Cool multitasking interface MultiIconMover - Move multiple icons at once on the springboard Multitasking time - Shows time and battery on the taskswitcher Mystrings - Edit the default text strings e.g Slide to turn off No folder badges - Hides folder badges on the springboard Poof - Hide apps on the springboard SBSettings - You should get this. It makes everything easier. Scrollingboard - Multiple dock pages on the springboard SleepFX - Adds cool effects when going into sleep mode Tab+ - You can have more than 10 safari tabs open at once WeatherIcon - Puts live weather info on the weather app icon WinterBoard - Themes Yourtube 2 - Download videos from Youtube and add them to your videos Favorite Games: Robot Unicorn Attack - Get the christmas one. I think it's the only one with gamecenter Plants vs Zombies Grand theft auto Gravity Guy Papertoss Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2 Ninjump Deluxe Shift 1 and 2 Street Fighter IV Canabalt Angry Birds Solipskier Tilit to live Zombieville USA Tap Tap Revenge 4 Cut the rope Homerun Battle 3D Cooking Mama Fruit Ninja Doodle Jump 3D Brick Breaker Revolution 2 Labyrinth 1 and 2 Frogger Field Runners Game Dev story Geo Defence and Geo Defence Swarms Geared 1 and 2 Does anyone know a tweak that will let you add more pages to the springboard? I have loads of apps, and don't like putting them in folders :p I have a 64GB 3rd Gen iPod Touch. Got it second hand, but it was virtually new. I find that watching Youtube videos drains battery the most. I use mine pretty heavily and it lasts all day perfectly. I recharge it everday, and do a charge cycle every week or so.

31. chris
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 21:26:52

Here's what I got in mine: AppLocket BytaFont File:// for MobileSafari HDREnabler Infinidock iSHSHit LiveClock Lockscreen Clock Hide MIM NoAppStorePass USB Drive Yourtube 2 pSuave HD is best theme evar Sublime lockscreen is coolest evar

32. XYZaki
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 22:39:06

IMO the themes are pretty anticlimactic. They look really cool (especially glasklart) and then you apply them and find out that more than half of your icons remain unskinned/unsupported >_> It also doesn't help if you have the normal/useless icons hidden.

33. Mike
    Date: Sat, Jan 29 2011 02:50:27

XYZaki wrote: IMO the themes are pretty anticlimactic. They look really cool (especially glasklart) and then you apply them and [B]find out that more than half of your icons remain unskinned/unsupported[/B] >_> It also doesn't help if you have the normal/useless icons hidden.
    This. I really, really, REALLY, get annoyed by this.

34. A.Sate
    Date: Sat, Jan 29 2011 05:36:42

oh yeah thats one downside. A lot of searching is required to find the icons. But glasklart has a HUGE library of icons, just google - "site:macthemes.net glasklart app name." But if your too lazy for doing that, check out illumine, it skins all your icons automatically.

35. XYZaki
    Date: Sat, Jan 29 2011 05:46:20

Yeah I don't know how to add the icons. Plus if something has a non alphanumerical character, iPhoneBrowser crashes >_> And I've used GreyHD, it applies a uniform mask on all the icons so it looks decent. Also, GridLock and infiniboard do not like each other.

36. chris
    Date: Sat, Jan 29 2011 07:12:53

pSuave HD seems to theme all the default icons and also some of the common app icons. Just saying.

37. XYZaki
    Date: Sat, Jan 29 2011 07:37:37

I have Suave HD. It doesn't fucking work.

38. JLSpinY
    Date: Sat, Jan 29 2011 07:39:47

I use iFlat 1.4, which themes all appstore icons.

39. chris
    Date: Sat, Jan 29 2011 09:45:42

XYZaki wrote: I have Suave HD. It doesn't fucking work.
    try pSuave. Not Suave only

40. SuiXidaL
    Date: Sat, Jan 29 2011 10:09:24

XYZaki wrote: Yeah I don't know how to add the icons. Plus if something has a non alphanumerical character, iPhoneBrowser crashes >_> And I've used GreyHD, it applies a uniform mask on all the icons so it looks decent. [B]Also, GridLock and infiniboard do not like each other.[/B]
    THIS is the reason why i accidentally deleted my Cydia and fucked up my whole ipod.

41. XYZaki
    Date: Sat, Jan 29 2011 23:02:23

JLSpinY wrote: I use iFlat 1.4, which themes all appstore icons.
    One of the ugliest themes out there.

42. Colin
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 05:49:49

XYZaki wrote: One of the ugliest themes out there.
    Dude, what's with you ALWAYS critisizing EVERYTHING? I swear, keep your shit to yourself. Im tired of [people] always complaining about everything. /rant But then again, I must say that it is an ugly theme. Not the ugliest.

43. Mike
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 06:06:46

Colin wrote: Dude, what's with you ALWAYS critisizing EVERYTHING? I swear, keep your shit to yourself. Im tired of [people] always complaining about everything. /rant But then again, I must say that it is an ugly theme. Not the ugliest.
    I fucking lol'd.

44. Colin
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 06:29:05

Soo..for lockscreens..I went from to (sadly, it was only for 4th gen iDevices running 4.0.2) and finally to As for themes.. I had: last month, and now . 5 icon dock, SB settings, install0us, and fucking winterboard are MUSTSS.

45. chris
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 06:43:10

First theme looks awesome. Name and repo source?

46. XYZaki
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 07:10:41

Colin wrote: Dude, what's with you ALWAYS critisizing EVERYTHING?
    :biglaugh:

47. Colin
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 07:14:29

chrisPS wrote: First theme looks awesome. Name and repo source?
    No rounded not needed, i havent installed any external repos

48. SuiXidaL
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 07:41:52

Colin wrote: No rounded not needed, i havent installed any external repos
    Second Lockscreen under Sublime ? :D

49. JLSpinY
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 08:21:44

@Colin What's the first lockscreen theme?

50. Colin
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 09:02:26

SublimeHD. too overly used for me :p i think the middle lockscreen was called..uhhh i dunno i forgot.iuninstalled it

51. SuiXidaL
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 09:06:23

@Colin WHAT'S THE LOCKSCREEN UNDER SUBLIME ? O_O

52. XYZaki
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 17:36:02

I think I downloaded the lockscreen under Sublime, it's called like WP7 lockscreen (because it's styled after the new Windows Mobile OS).

53. Colin
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 21:16:08

XYZaki wrote: I think I downloaded the lockscreen under Sublime, it's called like WP7 lockscreen (because it's styled after the new Windows Mobile OS).
    Its not that. @Krispy Kreme; I DONT FUCKING KNOW. I DELETED IT

54. SuiXidaL
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 21:25:11

oh fuck. It was sexy.

55. Mike
    Date: Mon, Jan 31 2011 00:41:06

Colin wrote: Soo..for lockscreens..I went from http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i221/rx7_photos/iDevice/IMG_0592.png to http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i221/rx7_photos/iDevice/IMG_0599.png (sadly, it was only for 4th gen iDevices running 4.0.2) and finally to http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i221/rx7_photos/iDevice/IMG_0641.png As for themes.. I had: http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i221/rx7_photos/iDevice/IMG_0526.png last month, and now http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i221/rx7_photos/iDevice/IMG_0640.png. 5 icon dock, SB settings, install0us, and fucking winterboard are MUSTSS.
    Purple one looks very nice, and so is the first one you posted. Then for some reason you decided to go back to stock. Dude, what.

56. Colin
    Date: Mon, Jan 31 2011 03:29:38

Mike wrote: Purple one looks very nice, and so is the first one you posted. Then for some reason you decided to go back to stock. Dude, what.
    yeaaap. I dunno, I mean i didnt want my phone to crash so often, thats pretty much it for the record.. Purple theme= No Rounded Black lockscreen (with question mark) = Lisse Blue lockscreen= Sublime Lock HD Last lockscreen=Lockmagazinelike

57. Hidekyo
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 22:55:26

if its ios 3's then defianetly jailbreka it! if its IOS 4 dont do it its really rsiky

58. SuiXidaL
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 23:31:55

Hidekyo wrote: if its ios 3's then defianetly jailbreka it! if its IOS 4 dont do it its really rsiky
    what ? ....

59. Colin
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 00:54:38

Krispy Kreme wrote: what ? ....
    Someone told me that jailbreaking iOS4 is risky. I dunnno. I did it anyway :p

60. Mike
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 02:59:19

iOS 4.0 was EASY to Jailbreak. Anything after 4.1 is tethered though, not too sure.

61. KTrinh93
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 03:43:32

Colin wrote: Someone told me that jailbreaking iOS4 is risky. I dunnno. I did it anyway :p
    I think they meant it was risky that if you jailbreak 4.x it's risky if you don't save your SHSH blobs because if you accidentally update your iDevice and don't save them, you can't jailbreak until the next one comes out for that firmware.

62. A.Sate
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 03:45:19

Im still at 3.1.3, waiting for some noteworthy features. Don't wanna lose my hiscores for papertoss and cut the rope, lol.

63. SuiXidaL
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 08:00:25

nah there's 4.1 untethered, anything else about it doesn't have an untethered yet, Well you can downgrade back to 4.1 but you need your shsh blobs

64. chris
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 12:15:08

Camera Wallpaper (or something that goes by this name). takes a not-so-sizable amount (<500kb) of system memory, but so good for "stalking" or surprise photos. Plus, you can turn off shutter sound,etc,etc

65. PSProdigy
    Date: Sun, Feb 27 2011 01:30:29

Download the barrel tweak it changes the transition btw ur springboard page. Go to setting and find barrel to change ur transition