UPSB v4

Off-topic / PSP2

1. iMatt
    Date: Thu, Jan 27 2011 08:03:46

What're your Thoughts?

2. boshi
    Date: Thu, Jan 27 2011 08:23:15

OMFG MOTHERFUCKING YES HOLY SHIT YES YES YES. im a huge playstation fanboy and iv stayed up 2 hours past my regular bed time to READ a live BLOG about this bitch. im so fucking pumped. I'm pretty damn excited for this thing. As much as i love my psp 3000+monster hunter, it would be nice to do something else once in a while. It seems kinda like an itouch+psp. perfect for me <3

3. papa happy
    Date: Thu, Jan 27 2011 08:43:26

http://psp.ign.com/articles/114/1146358p1.html heres the link for the spec's :) i really cant wait!!!!! must have

4. SuiXidaL
    Date: Thu, Jan 27 2011 08:48:31

it was predictable that a psp2/phone was coming out. Like it always is :/

5. Clyde
    Date: Thu, Jan 27 2011 15:00:45

is htis the psp with ps3 graphics? cool but i dont have money anymore lol

6. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Jan 27 2011 15:24:33

hmm if the games are easy to crack ill get it lolol 3G is interesting, can play multiplayer games anywhere

7. Wisp
    Date: Thu, Jan 27 2011 16:59:19

none of it interests me. the end.

8. Ohayo
    Date: Thu, Jan 27 2011 17:01:08

buckets full of jizz right now

9. JLSpinY
    Date: Thu, Jan 27 2011 17:03:51

Looks epic. Do you know how fast the processor is going to be?

10. iMatt
    Date: Thu, Jan 27 2011 17:35:00

the CPU is a Quad-core ARM A9

11. Colin
    Date: Thu, Jan 27 2011 21:08:06

iMatt wrote: the CPU is a Quad-core ARM A9
    what is it with mobile devices having multi-core processors? i mean like..a dual core phone is fucking insane already, but a mobile quad core gaming shit..thats insane

12. iMatt
    Date: Thu, Jan 27 2011 22:28:22

Colin wrote: what is it with mobile devices having multi-core processors? i mean like..a dual core phone is fucking insane already, but a mobile quad core gaming shit..thats insane
    Simultaneous processing. I have a feeling Apple will have an even larger ARM A9 chip put into the iPhone 5 this summer. However in terms of functionality/what we want on a mobile gaming platform is all there. Dual analogs, Touch Screen, Touch Inputs (L2/R2) pretty much, gyroscope, and a high resolution OLED. Now what I'm worried about is storage. I'm praying this will be housing a 32/64GB internal storage. MSPro Duo's are stupid and expensive. Sony knows this. The games themselves are now gonna be what looks like proprietary flashcarts much like the NDS so I highly doubt they'll allow for Game > HDD installation since that'd allow for easy exploits. I would like to be able to put music/movies on this thing as well. Hell if they clean up the WebBrowser (which has flash already) this can be a schnazzy gadget.

13. nateiskewl
    Date: Thu, Jan 27 2011 23:36:55

iMatt wrote: What're your Thoughts?
    Haha, I don't think "what're" is a valid contraction.

14. sangara
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 00:07:11

I'm agreeing with zombo. 3G sounds sexy.

15. shoeman6
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 00:29:37

Seems like it could get pretty expensive... I think it depends on how well it is cracked and what apple releases, I kind of ignored this one, (just looked at specs) seems pretty cool hahah, I might have to get one depending on the price but looks like direct competition against the ipod touch for sure ;]

16. iMatt
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 00:32:58

nateiskewl wrote: Haha, I don't think "what're" is a valid contraction.
    It's not haha.

17. Colin
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 00:33:06

shoeman6 wrote: [B]Seems like it could get pretty expensive... [/B] I think it depends on how well it is cracked and what apple releases, I kind of ignored this one, (just looked at specs) seems pretty cool hahah, I might have to get one depending on the price but looks like direct competition against the ipod touch for sure ;]
    Agreed. The PSP when it first came out was 250. The PS3, like 500 (IIRC). Sony's (honestly) unreasonable with their pricing. I believe the PSPGo is like 200 now, with like 16 internal memory. Competition with the iPod..i dont think so. This one has a dualcore processor, buttons and an interactive touch screen. This one > iPod touch. I mean if the screen slided up for a full QWERTY keyboard, shit, Id get that in a heartbeat. The PSP2 is basically an

18. shoeman6
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 00:47:42

Well, we have to see what apple releases later this year ipod touch line wise. btw specs 5-inch OLED touchscreen with 960×544 resolution (the current PSP has a 4.3-inch LCD with 480 × 272 resolution) ARM Cortex A9 core CPU (4 core) SGX543MP4 GPU storage: “new type of mini flash memory cards” (definitely no UMDs anymore) new form factor (Sony speaks of a “super oval” shape) touch pad on the rear that allows users to “touch” or “push” objects in games from the back 3G and Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11b/g/n connectivity (3G for a portable gaming system is a first) front and rear cameras dual analog sticks tilt-sensitive SIXAXIS controls GPS built-in stereo speakers, mic Bluetooth 2.1+EDR size: 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm and press release http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/110127a_e.html I'd be careful to get too excited at this point, we don't know the quality of the cameras, honestly the freedom/hackability of the system is a major for me as well when it comes to customizability/usability. But with all of these features I would find it hard to find a reason NOT to buy if the system is under 400 dollars... I hope they dont create a tiered system in which only the highest models have all of the features... But I agree this seems like an amazing device, not getting my hopes up though. No mention of battery life, but really I can't help but thinking of the "it's too good to be true..." I'm not much of a gamer but this seems like the perfect portable device :p more speculation from the internets: A non-final hardware design, (every picture [gallery here] says design and specifications subject to change). NEW - Only some models (probably sold by phone shops) will have 3G enabled, the base version will be Wi-Fi only. Some lovely looking games technology demos from many industry big hitters. What I think will happen is lots of game+ editions (MGS4+, MHP3Turbo, etc) with new content, extra levels and so on. A code name - NGP will not be the final system name. Battery life is being quoted at 4-5 hours Sony will sell the unit at a loss, so price could be lower than expected Initially available in Black and White Some big names still not on the publishing list (near the bottom of this post) The slightly bigger design and obvious appearance of some western-oriented games covered suggest Sony is aiming this more deliberately at the west. No sign of a HMDI-out, if this thing can play HD content, then outputting it to a big screen has to be a must. Honestly I LOVE this. Why? Even if it turns out to be a bust, it's sooo great that companies are finally catching up to apple in the portable device realm... apple screws us every year with insane prices and gimmicky features holding back to continue the product's lifespan, maybe this will press apple to be a little more genuine and release a decent upgrade for their touch line :\... meh. A full keyboard, cross platform and haptic feedback would make me explode... D:

19. boshi
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 02:56:51

Colin wrote: Agreed. The PSP when it first came out was 250. The PS3, like 500 (IIRC). Sony's (honestly) unreasonable with their pricing. I believe the PSPGo is like 200 now, with like 16 internal memory. Competition with the iPod..i dont think so. This one has a dualcore processor, buttons and an interactive touch screen. This one > iPod touch. I mean if the screen slided up for a full QWERTY keyboard, shit, Id get that in a heartbeat. The PSP2 is basically an http://perculaclown.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/iwish-01.jpg
    Correction: the ps3 was 800 when it first came out. i was foolish enough to buy it <_<

20. Mike
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 04:40:41

shoeman6 wrote: Well, we have to see what apple releases later this year ipod touch line wise. btw specs 5-inch OLED touchscreen with 960×544 resolution (the current PSP has a 4.3-inch LCD with 480 × 272 resolution) ARM Cortex A9 core CPU (4 core) SGX543MP4 GPU storage: “new type of mini flash memory cards” (definitely no UMDs anymore) new form factor (Sony speaks of a “super oval” shape) touch pad on the rear that allows users to “touch” or “push” objects in games from the back 3G and Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11b/g/n connectivity (3G for a portable gaming system is a first) front and rear cameras dual analog sticks tilt-sensitive SIXAXIS controls GPS built-in stereo speakers, mic Bluetooth 2.1+EDR size: 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm and press release http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/110127a_e.html I'd be careful to get too excited at this point, we don't know the quality of the cameras, honestly the freedom/hackability of the system is a major for me as well when it comes to customizability/usability. But with all of these features I would find it hard to find a reason NOT to buy if the system is under 400 dollars... I hope they dont create a tiered system in which only the highest models have all of the features... But I agree this seems like an amazing device, not getting my hopes up though. No mention of battery life, but really I can't help but thinking of the "it's too good to be true..." I'm not much of a gamer but this seems like the perfect portable device :p more speculation from the internets: A non-final hardware design, (every picture [gallery here] says design and specifications subject to change). NEW - Only some models (probably sold by phone shops) will have 3G enabled, the base version will be Wi-Fi only. Some lovely looking games technology demos from many industry big hitters. What I think will happen is lots of game+ editions (MGS4+, MHP3Turbo, etc) with new content, extra levels and so on. A code name - NGP will not be the final system name. Battery life is being quoted at 4-5 hours Sony will sell the unit at a loss, so price could be lower than expected Initially available in Black and White Some big names still not on the publishing list (near the bottom of this post) The slightly bigger design and obvious appearance of some western-oriented games covered suggest Sony is aiming this more deliberately at the west. No sign of a HMDI-out, if this thing can play HD content, then outputting it to a big screen has to be a must. Honestly I LOVE this. Why? Even if it turns out to be a bust, it's [B]sooo great that companies are finally catching up to apple in the portable device realm... apple screws us every year with insane prices and gimmicky features holding back to continue the product's lifespan, maybe this will press apple to be a little more genuine and release a decent upgrade for their touch line[/B] :\... meh. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_nnDcCPUS1CE/TUFamEqLbpI/AAAAAAAAApE/KhXCLuv2BXY/s640/ngp-views.jpg A full keyboard, cross platform and haptic feedback would make me explode... D:
    Let me remind you that Apple's only mobile devices are PMP's and Smartphones. No portable gaming systems.

21. shoeman6
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 05:04:17

I think it's safe to say that Apple is marketing it's ipod touch line as more than just portable media players.

22. Mike
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 05:08:35

Doesn't make it anything more than that. It's still just a PMP.