UPSB v4

Advanced Tricks / [New Concept] Tool Change

1. sangara
    Date: Mon, Jan 24 2011 03:14:54

So this is a new concept that I've had up my sleeve for about... a year or so. I am just now taking the time to refine it and well use it. The whole idea is to seamlessly switch pens mid combo. I've found a few tricks that this works really well with, and a few tricks that aren't so good. Anyway here are two concept videos behind it. I would love input and I want to see if this can expand as a usable concept. Hey iMatt, here's your innovation, you don't need a 3rd spiderspin video. This is some advanced non-power trick shit yo.

2. KTrinh93
    Date: Mon, Jan 24 2011 03:41:44

Pretty interesting concept :O I think that if you can really REALLY smooth out the transitions you could make this really stylistic. The first video seemed really unsmooth in terms of spinning and incorporating this concept effectively but the second video was rather seamless :O Good job ^^

3. Cloud
    Date: Mon, Jan 24 2011 05:14:29

Your second video was pretty cool the switch was pretty smooth and i liked your fast-slow style

4. Awesome
    Date: Mon, Jan 24 2011 05:25:55

oh cool, kinda like a 2p2h transfer, I could see a lot of potential for that, I think thats where this concept will have the biggest impact. would be cool if you could do like some power tricks with a buster, then tool switch with an MX and go into some stylish jeb style spinning or something, have the pens emphasis the switch in styles ya know

5. sangara
    Date: Mon, Jan 24 2011 05:37:17

Awesome wrote: oh cool, kinda like a 2p2h transfer, I could see a lot of potential for that, I think thats where this concept will have the biggest impact. would be cool if you could do like some power tricks with a buster, then tool switch with an MX and go into some stylish jeb style spinning or something, have the pens emphasis the switch in styles ya know
    Yeah I think for me personally I'm trying to keep it 2p1h but all in all I think that there are other spinners that could use this way more effectively than I can. But I do like that idea that you have, I've been working on switching from an MX to a KT and vice versa. It's very awkward to do but I think I can get the hang of it.

6. k-ryder
    Date: Mon, Jan 24 2011 05:37:55

awesome more of less took my words out of my mouth i'm a fan of keeping naming as concise as possible, so i personally would call it a double transfer but as a concept, its really interesting, especially for the 2p2h transfers and also the idea awesome said, changing pens and styles mid combo currently, if you do that with one pen, it can seem disjointed, but switching pens (smoothely) mid combo strongly signifies a change, and wouldn't feel as disjointed if done well technique wise, i guess it is just a notch above a 1ph2 transfer, just doing two of those at the same time hence all the techniques of 1p2h transfer can be applied here more or less

7. hoiboy
    Date: Tue, Jan 25 2011 02:14:47

[video=youtube;TKHni1tVxGg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKHni1tVxGg[/video]

8. sangara
    Date: Tue, Jan 25 2011 02:26:28

Too bad I came up with it before that. Not that it really matters, I can't prove it other wise. EDIT: Also, different concept.

9. medacyber
    Date: Tue, Jan 25 2011 03:25:25

cool lol nice dude could i use it in my next combo :)

10. Soren
    Date: Mon, Feb 7 2011 20:49:34

thats pretty cool, but not very fascinating either

11. GigaByte
    Date: Tue, Feb 8 2011 11:26:00

sangara wrote: So this is a new concept that I've had up my sleeve for about... a year or so. I am just now taking the time to refine it and well use it. The whole idea is to seamlessly switch pens mid combo. I've found a few tricks that this works really well with, and a few tricks that aren't so good. Anyway here are two concept videos behind it. I would love input and I want to see if this can expand as a usable concept. Hey iMatt, here's your innovation, you don't need a 3rd spiderspin video. This is some advanced non-power trick shit yo.
    offtopic : razer mouse man !!

12. Jon
    Date: Wed, Feb 9 2011 01:46:31

when i was first reading about it i didnt think it would be smooth at all, but in your second vid it looked really nice.