UPSB v4

Regular Pen Discussion / What modded pen should I buy?

1. Luke oX
    Date: Fri, Jan 21 2011 23:43:06

I am completely new to pen spinning, I haven't even really started to be honest, but I want to buy a modded pen but I do not know what kind to buy and such. Thank you for any suggestions.

2. gyrobius
    Date: Sat, Jan 22 2011 00:56:28

The first modded pen I used was the Bictory. The bic round stic can be found anywhere.

3. Van
    Date: Sat, Jan 22 2011 01:00:50

if ur new, how bout like a metal commsa? Or u can mod a RSVP ur self

4. walrus
    Date: Sat, Jan 22 2011 01:13:45

search before posting

5. Vassenato
    Date: Sat, Jan 22 2011 03:23:25

Jan wrote: search before posting
    You could at least fucking redirect him. http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=1377

6. Dakrowl
    Date: Thu, Jun 9 2011 14:33:15

rsvp needs some experience to mod. why not make a bspc? its light, which makes it easy to practice new tricks

7. Soren
    Date: Thu, Jun 9 2011 15:22:13

get a rsvp mx, good mod to start with, and then once you know about 10 tricks, make a grip aviaire, join the body so you dont need a grip in the middle

8. Awesome
    Date: Thu, Jun 9 2011 17:34:04

you won't really need a mod until you got the fundamentals down and some other simpler tricks. Mods help a lot for the harder tricks, but not so much for easy ones. RSVP MX is a classic beginner choice and it gives you a stock pen kinda feel while spinning. Bictory is a cheap mod thats easy to make, I don't like them personally. Comssa is also another good starter pen thats double sided. Its recommended you stay away from heavier pens until you become more advanced so you develop good spinning habits. If you just want a modded pen for the sake of having one you can browse here http://penwish.com/ and see what ones look cool.

9. AwonW
    Date: Thu, Jun 9 2011 23:13:14

Jan wrote: search before posting
    Rules 1 and 9. The first mod I started out with was a RSVP MX that used a g2 grip and a signo tip. If you can't buy online or don't want to, I'd recommend that or a bictory with grips. If you are willing to buy online, I'd recommend a metallic comssa. Also, as others have said, you can just use an unmodded pen to learn the fundamentals and even more advanced tricks before you get a mod. An unmodded Pentel RSVP works great.

10. Zleepy
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 00:59:17

RSVP MX or Metal Comssa would be nice. whatever you do, dont get a buster for a first, it ruins pen spinning for you.

11. trust-no-one
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 02:05:03

Hi, I'm kinda new to spinning as well, but I reccomend a BICtory or RSVP MX, ahve a look at the spreadsheet in my sig, it has a Recommendation section. tno

12. Breezy
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 05:34:50

Get a Rsvp mx with a illass insert

13. Mufoofee
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 05:36:53

RSVP MX. Make it your self it should be just like you want it to.