UPSB v4

Off-topic / Hooray for film-making!

1. gyrobius
    Date: Tue, Jan 18 2011 01:27:49

I make videos online with my friends. I want my videos to look as professional as possible. So, I just felt like asking you humans about any movie props that can be easily made. Now the first thing I'd like to ask about is (drumroll) fake blood. Because real blood is considered weird by the people that surround me. Also maybe things like foam rocks and stuff life that. Is there any place to buy that kind of stuff? If I can't buy it, can I make it? P.S. Congratulations! This is the most responsive forum I know about!

2. k-ryder
    Date: Tue, Jan 18 2011 01:34:03

oh, goodie, i can help with this i used fake blood in my last production, and also once for a small assessment task you get hot water (boiling) and dissolve sugar in it, so it thickens the liquid then you add red food colouring, and a small bit of blue, so the liquid doesn't end up pink, and much more of a dark red, blood colour as for foam rocks, not sure where you can buy those, but also not sure what you're going to use them for anyway, hope the suggestion for blood helped, and good luck with your filmmaking EDIT: forgot to add that ^ is for liquid blood (ie. running) if you want more congeled stuff, put gelatine in it, so it will harden up. you will need to experiment a bit to see how much gelatine is needed props/makeup aren't my area, but a sfx make up lady came in to class one day, got a few tips/methods from her