UPSB v4

Tutorials Pending Approval / Retractable NX MMT?

1. Fail
    Date: Wed, Jan 12 2011 21:25:28

Retractable RSVP NX MMT COG: near COP, back heavy. length: about 22 cm ink type: rsvp ...first off, i'm new to spinning, so this mod isn't that good... I've recently been making a retractable version of the RSVP NX MMT...Sorry, but i cant get pictures. Materials: 1 Pentel RSVP 1 Pilot G2 (1 body, 2 clickers) 1 Hgg tip (I used a heavier Uniball Impact tip [capped kind] but i think hgg will work) 1 toothpick something to cut the rsvp and g2 barrels. (saw) electric tape optional: another rsvp cap (or rsvp cx cap) Tutorial: 1) Disassemble the RSVP. (cap, back plug, inktube, body, grip) 2) take the RSVP body. Saw off the tip, like in the RG2T. 3)Saw about 1 cm of the rsvp back plug so you still have the part that screws on to the rsvp body. (Tip: screw the rsvp back plug on to the body before sawing.) 4)saw the g2 barrel to 5.6 cm. (keep both parts of the barrel!!) 5)Saw the rsvp cap right under the ball at the tip of the cap. 6)Empty the g2 inktube and cut 1 inch off the back. (keep both parts) 7)Hardest part: file the g2 clicker mechanism (the part with ridges) so that the ridges in the back are still there and the mechanism works, but have the front ridges filed so it fits in the rsvp body. 8)Wrap electrical tape around the rsvp inktube about 9 cm from the tip( i used an impact tip, so this shorter if you use hgg) assembly: the cap: put a g2 clicker in, then the leftover part of the g2 barrel (the shorter one), then another clicker, and finally the filed clicker mechanism part. Body: stick the 5.6cm g2 part on the rsvp body and screw the (partial) back plug on. tip: take some of the g2 inktube and wrap it in tape so the hgg tip can be attached. (if not, try another tip) then tape it more so the inktube is snug in the g2 barrel Put the tip/inktube in the g2 barrel and put the rsvp ink with a toothpick extension in (rsvp should be electric taped to hold G2 spring like rg2t), along with the 1 inch of inktube (backplug of inktube in) the put the cap with the mechanism. OPTIONAL: saw another rsvp cap right above the part that holds the pen cap on. (like in the rsvp cx) and put it on the g2 barrel. add tape to hold it if needed. sorry for rough tutorial along with no pictures. please try to improve my mod. thnx!

2. Lastride29
    Date: Wed, Jan 12 2011 22:49:33

Try to get pics ;), it might be easier to follow :rolleyes:

3. walrus
    Date: Wed, Jan 12 2011 23:02:08

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE READ THE RULES AND TEMPLATE BEFORE THEY POST THIS SPAM?!? WHERE ARE THE PICTURES? WHERE ARE THE STATS? I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW THE PEN LOOKS! /RAGE QUIT

4. Holypie
    Date: Wed, Jan 12 2011 23:10:18

It's his first post, calm the hell down. Actually no, ragequit, then we don't have to deal with you. I think it's a good idea but I agree with Lastride.

5. chili pepper
    Date: Wed, Jan 12 2011 23:25:56

Fail wrote: please try to improved my mod.
    As a Canadian, I would hope that you would have a sufficient knowledge of the English language. Perhaps it's not your tutorial that needs improving. To give legitimate criticism, from what I gather this thing seems back heavy, especially since there is no grip to add to the front mentioned in the list of materials.

6. tacohead12
    Date: Thu, Jan 13 2011 00:09:18

If you could get pictures it would be awesome cuz I would love to know how to make my nx mmt retractable. and I'm pretty sure this modification would be almost the same balnce as the original nx mmt. Also, a grip is not required. I'm sure it is optional.

7. AWtii69
    Date: Sat, Mar 19 2011 17:41:07

wow, i think this is a pretty good mod but id say follow the template next time, and to the people who didnt know the look, your idiots to not be able to get some sence of what it looks like @Fail i think the tutorial is pretty clear, and good mod, but to not upset the morons like the other commentors, use template =)

8. Colin
    Date: Sun, Mar 20 2011 06:35:36

I know exactly what this guy is talking about. Sorry to burst your bubble, but this has already been done, like 3 years ago. http://www.upsb.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=13393 Edit:I know the one above uses 2 G2 bodies, but its the same thing. CX cap, clicker sticking out of the g2 body. Sorry bro

9. YETI
    Date: Mon, Apr 4 2011 15:31:58

nooooooooooooooooooooo no pictures:(