UPSB v4

Approved Tutorials / Hoiboy's Playcolor Mod

1. blahblahting
    Date: Sat, Jan 8 2011 00:32:31

People were asking, so yeah. This mod was created by hoiboy. In principal, the mod was created to have a signo-tipped, double capped, symmetrical mod utilizing a Playcolor body and the unclipped caps. Plastic sailor tips were used to lengthen the mod, as a signo-tipped Playcolor with unclipped caps is very short. To reiterate, all credits for this mod go to hoiboy. Hoiboy's Playcolor Mod [B]Stats:[/B] Mod Name: hoiboy's Playcolor Mod (note the lowercase h ;D) COG=COP Length: 20.1 cm Momentum: Just under an EP comssa I believe (don't have one to compare to atm :x) Weight: Same as any other DC, signo tipped mod. May be slightly heavier due to tape. Style: "Double sided stick" Ink: None (can be made writable by not removing ink) Estimated Cost: ~10 USD [B]Materials:[/B] 2x Playcolor2 (1 emptied body, the 2 unclipped caps) 2x Signo Tip 2x Sailor Gel pen (tips and grips) Packaging Tape [B]Pros:[/B] -Balanced -Long, but appears of a reasonable length when you spin if tips do not show up well on your camera. -Aesthetics, depending on individual -Feeling of barrel, depending on individual [B]Cons:[/B] -Uses a lot of packaging tape -Taping and trimming is very time consuming -Playcolor2 body is slipperier than the sex lube my bio teacher squirted on everyone's hands last year -Aesthetics, depending on individual -Feeling of barrel, depending on individual [spoiler=Video Tutorial by hoiboy][/spoiler] [spoiler=Text Tutorial by blah]NOTE: For all pictures, top = before, bottom = after [B]Step 1[/B] Gather materials. [B]Step 2[/B] Screw a signo tip onto a sailor gel tip. [B]Step 3[/B] Tape the end of one unclipped cap so that the Playcolor cap is the same width as the base of the sailor tip. [SIZE="4"][COLOR="red"]WARNING: MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS ON THE [B]UNCLIPPED[/B] CAP.[/COLOR][/SIZE] [B]Step 4[/B] Tape the tips onto the unclipped cap. If it feels very unstable, add some more tape. [B]Step 5[/B] Now see the part in the bracket? It's pretty thin compared to the base of the sailor tip and the end of the playcolor cap. The fix? You guessed it: more tape in that area. [B]Step 6[/B] Slide a sailor grip over the tips. [B]Step 7[/B] Repeat steps 2-6 on the other [B]UNCLIPPED[/B] cap. Place both completed caps on the emptied Playcolor mod. Completion of mod. [/spoiler] [COLOR="red"]WARNING: DO NOT RUB THE BODY WITH ACETONE TO REMOVE THE TEXT. The barrel gets damaged and is very scratchy afterwards. I do not know what the case is with rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover. [/COLOR] [B]FAQ:[/B] Q: It rattles. A: More tape. Q: Step 3 is a bish. A: Yo, if little girl blah can do it, you can too. Man up. Q: So much tape O.O A: uhhh...yeah, so? lol Q: How does it spin? A: Nice, though I find the barrel quite slippery.

2. ruthlessace
    Date: Sat, Jan 8 2011 03:38:30

you could make it shorter by using g2 barrel and attach it to a signo tip>playcolor cap and tape it

3. hoiboy
    Date: Sat, Jan 8 2011 03:55:07

The video tutorial is better ;)

4. Holypie
    Date: Sat, Jan 8 2011 04:00:02

I agree. Much more concise and easy to understand.

5. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sat, Jan 8 2011 05:56:08

Blue looks soooooo nice :]

6. +Guitrum+
    Date: Sat, Jan 8 2011 09:16:52

nail polish remover is acetone :)

7. Holypie
    Date: Sat, Jan 8 2011 15:57:06

Nachoaddict wrote: Blue looks soooooo nice :]
    If only PenwisH stocked colours like red blue and black =( Also, Guitrum, there are some acetone free nail polish removers which might have been what he was referring to.

8. walrus
    Date: Sat, Jan 8 2011 17:01:30

where can we get sailor tips?

9. Holypie
    Date: Sat, Jan 8 2011 17:04:07

From sailor gel pens...

10. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sat, Jan 8 2011 17:04:29

@Jan Read the parts list... If you're asking where to get the pen then you can get em at daiso, trades, or ask PW.

11. walrus
    Date: Sat, Jan 8 2011 17:08:58

what i meant was were to get FULL sailor pens since PW doesnt sell those... @Holypie

12. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sat, Jan 8 2011 17:12:09

Read my post again... :facepalm: And you can always ask PW if he has spare parts laying around since the tips and caps of sailors aren't used often

13. hoiboy
    Date: Sat, Jan 8 2011 20:33:58

Most plastic tips willl work. I chose sailors mainly 'cuz it shortens the part list.

14. blahblahting
    Date: Sat, Jan 8 2011 21:34:00

+Guitrum+ wrote: nail polish remover is acetone :)
    but nail polish remover is diluted, i used pure acetone lol

15. Riley
    Date: Sat, Jan 8 2011 22:30:21

I can't wait to make this! Nice work, looks so simple.

16. sumlo
    Date: Fri, Jan 14 2011 00:40:54

excuse me Can you look at this link=] http://hkpsa.com/forum/thread-24383-1-3.html It is almost the same=]

17. lht031052
    Date: Fri, Jan 14 2011 14:37:07

Are you copying hongkong's mod?

18. blahblahting
    Date: Sat, Jan 15 2011 00:04:09

The mod in the HKPSB forum uses sections of anyball grip to lengthen the mod. hoiboy's mod uses signo tips to add to the length. The pens are dissimilar in that aspect, but both of them are alike in how they use signo tips and playcolor 2's. And this is just a subtle difference, but hoiboy uses sailors as opposed to biefa grips.

19. hoiboy
    Date: Sat, Jan 15 2011 01:47:17

@sumlo: I am very well aware that 3ternity also has a similar pc2 mod. However, if I must point out, I made (and released) my mod almost a full year before 3ternity did. If anything, he copied me.

20. 3ternity
    Date: Sat, Jan 15 2011 06:08:38

I'm sorry about that, Hoiboy I wasn't often on UPSB So that I didn't know that you had made this almost a full year before me If you think I was copying your mod, I just can say"sorry, hoiboy" But in fact, I haven't saw anything about this mod In other words, my pc2 mod wasn't copied from your pc2 mod

21. hoiboy
    Date: Sat, Jan 15 2011 06:10:07

I'm not saying you copied me, nor did I copy you. It was just a coincidence, I guess. I was just pointing out to the doubters that there was no way I could have "stolen" your mod idea.

22. 3ternity
    Date: Sat, Jan 15 2011 06:29:43

Also I was just pointing out to the doubters that there was no way I could have "stolen" your mod idea, too

23. sarugio
    Date: Fri, Feb 11 2011 14:58:31

yeah for once in my life blue look cool. how bout the part with clip? will it be too short?

24. Riley
    Date: Tue, Mar 1 2011 05:57:05

Do you happen to know if retractable sailor tips work?

25. Holypie
    Date: Tue, Mar 1 2011 13:27:16

Definitely not, retractable sailor pens have a front part that is like the front part of a G2 (not really, but think of it like that). It's a long plastic piece which houses the grip. Supergrip tips might work.

26. SuiXidaL
    Date: Mon, Nov 28 2011 01:14:45

Don't know why this isn't approved yet, the tutorial is professional. There's a text tut and a video tut.

27. Froggy
    Date: Mon, Nov 28 2011 01:15:53

Moderators are lazy. Frog~

SuiXidaL wrote: Don't know why this isn't approved yet, the tutorial is professional. There's a text tut and a video tut.

28. h2o
    Date: Thu, Nov 7 2013 14:03:42

Can we fake the sailor gel tip ?

29. LighT*
    Date: Fri, Nov 8 2013 04:23:58

h2o wrote: Can we fake the sailor gel tip ?
    im pretty sure you can sub it for another plastic tip