UPSB v4

Member Introductions / Hello everybody!

1. ayoitsaho
    Date: Fri, Jan 7 2011 03:18:26

Hi! My name is Andy Ho, I'm 17 from New Jersey, America or United States or whatever you want to call it. I found out about pen-spinning in the mid 2010 year and it was because I mistyped something on Google and pen-spinning came up and yeah that was pretty much it. My first trick was the thumb around and it took me like a month to do because my thumb didn't stay still lol. I just got my first spinning pen, the Dr KT Black diamond and it's so pretty and I can feel like I can do tricks better. My first pen I used to spin with was those pens teachers used to grade papers with the blue ink on one side and the red ink on the other. Uhm, so yeah that's pretty much everything. I'm still a big novice. I wasn't hardcore into it but right now I'm trying to make it a priority almost. Right now I'm attempting to learn the charge and so far so good. Learned how to do a rotation and now just trying to link up rotations! Wish me luck and hello to everybody! :D

2. JackyMacky
    Date: Fri, Jan 7 2011 03:23:12

welcome to UPSB. keep practicing. :D

3. TheAafg
    Date: Fri, Jan 7 2011 03:56:11

hey :welcome: to upsb, :spin:

4. happy_happy
    Date: Fri, Jan 7 2011 05:39:16

:mods: Welcome :) Dr. KT's are a bit heavy for a novice. If you can, and haven't used that KT as much to the point where you're used to it, then it would be best to use something lighter, like a RSVP MX, or Metallic comssa, which are great mods to start with. If you feel like it's a bit impossible to switch to those, then a waterfall mod is perfect for any spinner :) :welcome:

5. J A Z Z
    Date: Fri, Jan 7 2011 06:13:59

HB pencil spinners are beast..anyways welcome!!

6. ayoitsaho
    Date: Fri, Jan 7 2011 11:40:38

I was actually going to get a flying panda mod and a buster cyl white with metal rings. Is that good for a novice? And you're right about the kt being a bit heavy...lol I only got it because it was on the "Special" section at penwish. I mean my thumb arounds and continuous thumb arounds have been better but learning new tricks like the charge I'm working on or the thumb around reverse is a bit of a pain. Any other suggestions? And thanks for the greetings! :D

7. Quai
    Date: Fri, Jan 7 2011 12:40:40

Welcome to UPSB!! Better not get a Buster CYL because its really heavy. I suggest that you buy a Metal comssa, RSVP MX, etc.

8. Rarity
    Date: Fri, Jan 7 2011 14:16:03

NEVER get a buster cyl or any heavy mod as your starting mod. Like what the others said, a metallic comssa is the best mod for you. If you still insist on something that really has "weight", then get anything that's signo-tipped. Waterfalls, Signo-tipped comssas etc. Anyways, :welcome: to UPSB! I hope you enjoy your stay here. ;D

9. ayoitsaho
    Date: Fri, Jan 7 2011 15:45:26

Okay guys thanks! I'm probably gonna get another comssa because I DID have one but I lost one of the caps. Gonna get a new set of caps AND a comssa. Maybe a RSVP? Any specific models?

10. J A Z Z
    Date: Sat, Jan 8 2011 12:16:06

Nope it's just a different colour I suggest u make a RSVP MX

11. Quake
    Date: Mon, Jan 10 2011 04:39:44

welcome to upsb

12. juggalo666666
    Date: Thu, Feb 17 2011 13:34:16

yes i must welcome you to the bountiful and wondrous land of what is upsb. :welcome:

13. fang
    Date: Thu, Feb 17 2011 15:17:35

welcome and enjoy UPSB :walrus: