UPSB v4

Tutorials Pending Approval / Insert Color Changing Trick (Photoshop)

1. upsbmarvin
    Date: Mon, Jan 3 2011 06:14:08

1.) You can recolor inserts via photoshop 2.) To do this got to File > New > Blank 3.) Set the DPI to either 72 or 300 DPI depending on what resolution your printer can handle 4.) Now instead of using standard RGB color, use CMYK since most printers utilize these color inks. 5.) Once the image is open, got to Layer > New Layer 6.) Now drag the image you wish to use as an insert onto that layer 7.) Create one more New Layer (Layer > New Layer) on the tool bar 8.) Click the fill button and color it in with your color of choice. 9.) Merge the two layers using whatever settings you wish to create the optimal color effect ORIGINAL TEXT: U can recolor it by first. getting any version of photoshop.... then click file>new>blank. Then set it to ur desired DPI... put the amount in the resolution bar. then resize to desired size. then change rgb to cmyk. because most printers use CMYK inks... if u failed to do so... your print might result crappy.... then on the recolor thang... create a new layer. then on that layer. drag the image u want... then make a new layer again make sure it's on top of the outsert... then select your desired color... click the fill. then fill it. then on the merge options.. select whatever u want. there are over 20 choices of merge there.. im sure one of those will be your type... thats all... sowee for bad english. CREDITS TO IMATT. he edited it, making it more optimized..

2. Nachoaddict
    Date: Mon, Jan 3 2011 06:15:56

Uh thanks for a tutorial on how to recolor inserts lol. But the only problem for me is that I don't have photoshop :C

3. J A Z Z
    Date: Mon, Jan 3 2011 11:18:14

Nice thanks!

4. Holypie
    Date: Mon, Jan 3 2011 12:38:36

Nachoaddict wrote: Uh thanks for a tutorial on how to recolor inserts lol. But the only problem for me is that I don't have photoshop :C
    You could probably do this with Paint.net which is free. I'm not sure but it's a possibility because it also has a layering function.

5. smudgey
    Date: Wed, Jan 5 2011 10:13:00

You could use GIMP or PS or Paint.net. But this isn't really the "better" way to recolour images in PS. It would be better if you used Hue/Saturation since the contrast will still be the same. (If you know what I mean lol)