UPSB v4

Manipulative Arts / Flair Bartending (i.e. RedSkyy Competition)

1. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sun, Jan 2 2011 19:41:20

[video=youtube;aRqSlLSlAKU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRqSlLSlAKU[/video] My bro and friend were randomly talking about it 2 months ago. Somehow, I found a flair bartending vid that was the same one they were talking about... weird how I remember things... anyway- Is it worth it? It looks like there's too much competition =/ Do you think it pays well? I mean it take 2 minutes to get a fking drink- I'd think someone'd get angry waiting hahaha

2. shoeman6
    Date: Sun, Jan 2 2011 19:48:30

Takes a lottt of practice, imo. Very similar techniques to gun slinging, in that you have an unbalance of weight (in fact some tricks are exactly the same) if you're good at it you might get some tips... :\ Basic toss juggling should get you far enough....

3. Vassenato
    Date: Mon, Jan 3 2011 04:37:24

I don't care about all the fancy shit, just give me a fucking drink.

4. Mike
    Date: Mon, Jan 3 2011 05:27:39

shoeman6 wrote: Takes a lottt of practice, imo. Very similar techniques to gun slinging, in that you have an unbalance of weight (in fact some tricks are exactly the same) if you're good at it you might get some tips... :\ Basic toss juggling should get you far enough....
    Nah, the bottles are pretty balanced. Thanks to physics, it doesn't churn around or whatever When I began bartending I was actually looking into this.

5. scout
    Date: Mon, Jan 3 2011 06:38:57

Vassenato wrote: I don't care about all the fancy shit, just give me a fucking drink.
    ^ | Wise statements this man makes.

6. NineOfSpades
    Date: Wed, Jun 15 2011 04:29:47

i started learning this last may and somehow i find it fun even though it hurts when you get hit by the bottle :P you should have post a video of Christian Delpech instead btw OwOb

7. Twine
    Date: Wed, Jun 15 2011 07:05:11

This is insane.... The amount of difficulty I just witnesses .__________.

8. Krypton
    Date: Wed, Jun 15 2011 09:28:20

Looks impressive but kinda pointless in my opinion. I'm sure many people will compare this statement with penspinning, but tell me, can you throw cups and vodka bottles around in public?

9. trust-no-one
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 05:40:46

Niiiice.....

Krypton wrote: Looks impressive but kinda pointless in my opinion. I'm sure many people will compare this statement with penspinning, but tell me, can you throw cups and vodka bottles around in public?
    I agree, it is pretty impressive, but nonetheless kinda pointless. tno

10. Mike
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 06:04:51

Krypton wrote: Looks impressive but kinda pointless in my opinion. I'm sure many people will compare this statement with penspinning, but tell me, can you throw cups and vodka bottles around in public?
    Of course you can.

11. RPGgrenade
    Date: Tue, Jun 21 2011 16:52:44

I make a freaking COMIC about bartending, and Flairtending is sooooo boring in competitions, realy flairtenders don't actually take that long, at most they'd take about as long as any other bartender, they just make it more daring. the competition rules generally state that the drink be made during a time of 6 minutes or so, that's why it's so freakin' long. Flairtenders that actually take like 3 minutes because they were juggling for an hour aren't good flairtenders, just show-offs. at least if they're serving customers.. real flairtenders will hear a bloody mary, flip some tomato juice over their, pour it into the shaker, roll the lemon down the arm, squeeze it, put in some vodka after spinning the bottle for like 3 seconds, put in the ice, either by throwing it up or just placing it in, shake, serve, throw some celery and pepper on it, and serve... any flairtender that doesn't do that but juggles the vodka for like a minute is showing off, be a jerk and tell them to lower the time it take to make the drink if you ever deal with that.

12. daniel0731ex
    Date: Wed, Jun 22 2011 21:25:50

I know some people who does bar-flirting.

13. Awesome
    Date: Wed, Jun 22 2011 21:57:29

slightly off topic... but I've been reading this kick ass comic about bartenders; http://www.drunkduck.com/Nectar_of_the_Gods/index.php?p=619840 (Its RPGgrenade's ;D)

14. Raos
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 01:43:51

is this like manipulating cocktail shay thigns an juggling beer bottles etc?