UPSB v4

Manipulative Arts / Plate Spinning (Spinning Plates)

1. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sun, Jan 2 2011 19:30:53

Anyone do this? Any videos, etc? I'm pretty interested in buying a set so some info'd be cool. If anyone knows some good plates, lemme know. I'm getting Dube Alum. plates sometime soon.

2. shoeman6
    Date: Sun, Jan 2 2011 19:33:24

Yeah, but I do it the same way I spin books, http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=191 Don't need any special plates, can spin bowls or wtvr.... It's a little different throwing the momentum around but it works fine. As for prop plates idk about those.

3. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sun, Jan 2 2011 19:37:31

no like "spinning plates with sticks" plate spinning- like asian acrobats do =P

4. shoeman6
    Date: Sun, Jan 2 2011 19:39:12

Yeah like prop manipulation, idk, they combine the two a lot....

5. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sun, Jan 2 2011 19:42:50

I thought that "was plate spinning," at least to jugglers and performers. The "book spinning thing" is done with a lot of things. I used to do it with remotes and my cellphone hehe

6. shoeman6
    Date: Sun, Jan 2 2011 19:46:07

0_o wow that's impressive I find it extremely difficult to spin longer objects you have to get it going realllly fast. And I've seen a lot of chinese acrobatics will do both stick and plate and plate w/ direct contact, in any case the idea is about he same, just keeping it going is a bit different. I personally use the book spinning technique to dry my plates when I wash them, like a salad spinner :p

7. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sun, Jan 2 2011 19:47:29

lol some of my remotes are a little wide and my cellphone is almost square LOL so no, not that impressive....

8. blackhawk96
    Date: Fri, Jan 7 2011 08:58:17

yeah i can spin a book too.................. (something i am good besides pen spinning,i am a beginner) lol