UPSB v4

Off-topic / Dealing with people you don't like

1. SJ
    Date: Sat, Jan 1 2011 22:35:40

so lets say, you dont like someone. how do you deal with that? and that person cant be avoided for some reason. ex) in the same class, live in the same apt, etc do you simply avoid them or what? or do you simply act superficially? any suggestions are welcome

2. XYZaki
    Date: Sat, Jan 1 2011 22:37:54

Just block me on AIM, ffs.

3. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Sat, Jan 1 2011 22:41:41

In real life, I try to stand above that and act as nice as possible towards that person. Of course, it also depends on the situation and whether the feelings are mutual or not. On UPSB, it really depends whether it's just the personality or the actions that made me dislike that person. I try to avoid it, but I occasionally act stricter when handling someone I might not appreciate as much when s/he breaks a rule. Otherwise, I just try to act friendly in order not to degrade the mood. I have to say it doesn't happen often that I really dislike someone though.

4. Awesome
    Date: Sat, Jan 1 2011 23:24:54

get over your childish feelings of "disliking" someone and just deal with them like a normal acquaintance or stranger.

5. strat1227
    Date: Sat, Jan 1 2011 23:28:04

lol awesome, how is dislikeing or liking someone childish i just generally act indifferent, if i need to talk to them i do, if not i don't

6. Tkal
    Date: Sun, Jan 2 2011 00:45:03

Arrange for them to be drafted into the military as a sanitation engineer.

7. Bam!
    Date: Sun, Jan 2 2011 02:39:55

clean them up.

8. J A Z Z
    Date: Sun, Jan 2 2011 03:37:18

Drag him to a back alley and have fun.

9. SJ
    Date: Sun, Jan 2 2011 03:42:26

can some of you guys grow up? this is in OT, which means you cant write some BS and just leave at least give some thought instead of trying to be funny and failing anyway, i appreciate all of the others responses. also, if someone doesnt take the initiative to talk to you first, does that mean he/she doesnt like you? LOL on aim or irl. seems like whoever is interested more takes the initiative first...

10. TheAafg
    Date: Sun, Jan 2 2011 04:38:13

if someone doesnt talk to you first, it could also mean that they like you and are scared of talking to you. I try to look normal infront of people I dont like, and give short really short answers, to avoid any further conversation

11. Mike
    Date: Sun, Jan 2 2011 05:07:14

Irl, just ignore most of the time. Don't have anyone that I don't like though. On Internet, troll, ignore, troll if getting trolled. Meh.

12. Toast
    Date: Sun, Jan 2 2011 05:42:21

i'm "friends" with tons of people i don't like. the last thing i want to do is to create unnecessary hostile histories with someone. you never know when you may need them in the future ;D keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer

13. Prince
    Date: Mon, Jan 3 2011 17:02:31

I regularly enjoy finding out their facebook passwords and publishing their gossip inboxes. thats fun shit.

14. Awesome
    Date: Mon, Jan 3 2011 17:14:35

if someone isn't taking the initiative to talk to you first that means you haven't taken the initiative to talk to them yet, does that mean you don't like them either? see the problem with thinking like that? people don't start conversations cuz of lots of reasons, like they might be shy, they might not have anything they deem interesting to say, they might have something else on their mind, or they might be thinking why don't you like them cuz you haven't taken the initiative to talk to them yet :P. If you want a conversation just go for it, otherwise don't worry about it. People are pretty much the same, we're just good at recognizing differences so thats why people seem so unique, but you can figure a lot of this stuff out just by thinking "if someone else did what I am doing, how would I feel?" @strat, when the word dislike is used in such a light context it usually means the reasons for the "dislike" are pretty petty, which is childish. If you have legit reasons to dislike someone then it isn't childish, but I suspected that wasn't the case here

15. Soren
    Date: Mon, Jan 3 2011 18:19:34

i just ignore them

16. WhatsOfTheUp1
    Date: Mon, Jan 3 2011 18:28:32

Well I just ignore, them, and when they get bored, they walk away and join another group. OR try to act as annoying as possible to finally make them say "Screw this" and walk away. Anyways, I'm too nice to tell someone to get the hell out. I did that before, and i felt like an ass for the rest of the month

17. SJ
    Date: Mon, Jan 3 2011 21:03:39

Prince wrote: I regularly enjoy finding out their facebook passwords and publishing their gossip inboxes. thats fun shit.
    and how do u do that...

18. Prince
    Date: Mon, Jan 3 2011 21:17:10

its not like the people I dislike are clever. They let it slip and give it out like anything. Im not sneaky about it lols (: