UPSB v4

Collaboration Videos / [FOX Productions] New Year Collab

1. fang
    Date: Sat, Jan 1 2011 20:44:22

[video=youtube;7hzbmb4AYYc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hzbmb4AYYc[/video] Edited by: FOX Productions, but most credits are going to Xienix, who did the most! :P Idea from: Escorpio123 thank you all!

2. Xienix
    Date: Sat, Jan 1 2011 20:57:53

this one is better than my other collab ( just for the fun collab )

3. fang
    Date: Sat, Jan 1 2011 21:09:05

@Xienix no shit dude.....

4. tacohead12
    Date: Sat, Jan 1 2011 23:54:43

Im not in :/ Nice collab anyway

5. Enkronidus
    Date: Sun, Jan 2 2011 00:56:06

I didn't really like the music. =/ Doesn't seem to fit with 'New Year' theme at all, IMO. Did I just see Kirua's left hand spinning Dr.Grip in the collab? :o So Insane.

6. Jon
    Date: Sun, Jan 2 2011 01:19:02

I agree with Enkronidus on the music, why would you put such intense music for a fun holiday type thing?

7. Froggy
    Date: Sun, Jan 2 2011 01:53:17

Also bad choice in fonts, I can hardly read who is spinning and what they are spinning >___>|| PrinceXD

8. Escorpio123
    Date: Sun, Jan 2 2011 03:27:32

I recommended some songs to fang to use it, I wanted to use some of the songs I suggested. That was one of them. Editing was rich :D, Thanks to everyone that was involved in the collab, sorry for the ones that were filtered, I was not on the filtering process. And like last year's New Year Collab, I'm not in the video ^_^, hehe, I got filtered :O, J/K. Big Thanks to Fang OnOwned in (PS) Xienix Productions for such an effort for this collab :P.

9. k-ryder
    Date: Sun, Jan 2 2011 05:23:26

mm..... tbh, i thought the collab was a bit of a mess sorry to the editors, these following comments might be offensive firstly the music, as mentioned, didn't really fit in with the new year theme also, i think it didn't fit with the level of spinning in the collab granted, i knew going in that this collab wouldn't have WT level spinning, but the music was way to much for the collab its like an advertisement featuring skateboarders, set to thumping hip hop music, but the skateboards (unironically) aren't good third thing about the music, whether its related to above, or just my personal choice, it was too hectic, and i couldn't really concentrate the title texts as well where hard to read, hence less concentration on the spinning as with anything, legibility is always prioritised by "glam", the font itself was really hard to read, and red text on red background is also a graphic designer's nightmare (figure of speech, i'm not a graphic designer) with those things combined i really didn't pay much attention to the spinning, which was a shame i'll try and watch the collab again some other time without the music to comment on the spinning but thank you to the editors/organiser/spinners and to the editors, it wasn't a matter of a lack of skill, just slightly poor execution i'm trying not to be too negative...

10. fang
    Date: Sun, Jan 2 2011 12:16:03

@k-ryder thanks for your comment, I can use this info for other collabs, but my computer was broken, so Xienix and I had to use anouther program to edit with. normaly I would use Afther effecs and Sony vegas.

11. Escorpio123
    Date: Mon, Jan 3 2011 01:34:05

k-ryder wrote: mm..... tbh, i thought the collab was a bit of a mess sorry to the editors, these following comments might be offensive firstly the music, as mentioned, didn't really fit in with the new year theme also, i think it didn't fit with the level of spinning in the collab granted, i knew going in that this collab wouldn't have WT level spinning, but the music was way to much for the collab its like an advertisement featuring skateboarders, set to thumping hip hop music, but the skateboards (unironically) aren't good third thing about the music, whether its related to above, or just my personal choice, it was too hectic, and i couldn't really concentrate the title texts as well where hard to read, hence less concentration on the spinning as with anything, legibility is always prioritised by "glam", the font itself was really hard to read, and red text on red background is also a graphic designer's nightmare (figure of speech, i'm not a graphic designer) with those things combined i really didn't pay much attention to the spinning, which was a shame i'll try and watch the collab again some other time without the music to comment on the spinning but thank you to the editors/organiser/spinners and to the editors, it wasn't a matter of a lack of skill, just slightly poor execution i'm trying not to be too negative...
    In some stuff you are right, but you are being negative still. Think about how the editors might take it, even if they say "it is ok" or "this will help for other collabs", those comments are really direct, if you know what I mean. You were there, be happy <_<. Not all the collabs have the perfect music. Just like your collab, you said you like rap music, and said that if people would not like it, then they shouldn't join, It is like this one, I showed some songs to fang, I had some favorites, BUT, BUT, he is the editor, so he chose what might fit more to the collab or what he likes the most. Another incident in the collab is that the computer broke, with that being said, the excuses can be made, with that, the whole project does not exist, leading to the editors the big responsibility of making it again. If previous posts in this thread are talking about criticing the music and the letters being typed with wrong font, ENOUGH of it, Don't add much to it if they were already mentioned. So try to be nicer in your comments just a little bit. I was not the editor, but even me, as the organizer, felt your comment.

12. tacohead12
    Date: Mon, Jan 3 2011 02:07:49

D: awww man. Should have told me so I could have fixed it or something.

13. k-ryder
    Date: Mon, Jan 3 2011 06:35:13

Escorpio123;49727] Just like your collab, you said you like rap music, and said that if people would not like it, then they shouldn't join [/QUOTE] technically, i had mine as a warning, ie. people knew that was the music from the beginning yes, i know not everything can be perfect, but i intended for my comments to be constructive, to help the editors improve in future collabs that they might edit reiterating someone else's point also falls into that, it shows that more than one person has these thoughts [QUOTE=Escorpio123 wrote: So try to be nicer in your comments just a little bit. I was not the editor, but even me, as the organizer, felt your comment.
    yes, i know my comments were rather blunt, but like i said, it was intended to be constructive if i was one of the editors, i would also take a bit of offence to the comments but i do think there was content in my post that will help the editors of this collab, also to other spinners/editors reading/watching the collab it wasn't as if i just said "shit collab" and left it at that, i gave reasons as to why i thought it wasn't such a good collab regarding the fact that computers were broken etc. has now been taken into account, but for me personally, i would rather have simplicity over "epicness", especially if its a program you aren't used to or as good as what you would normally use after i post this, i will look at the collab again without the music and try to pay attention to the spinning to comment on that ================================= watched collab without music and listing names in a text docuemnt there was some nice spinning there enkronidus as always, i also liked fang's combo i do realise my spinning needs to be less..... not sure what it is, i think more baks would make it nice if the lighting for kima's combo was better, it would have been nice but i love watching straight dr grip spinning all in all, there was a little buster spamming in the collab, but some nice combos

14. fang
    Date: Tue, Jan 4 2011 18:59:39

technically, i had mine as a warning, ie. people knew that was the music from the beginning yes, i know not everything can be perfect, but i intended for my comments to be constructive, to help the editors improve in future collabs that they might edit reiterating someone else's point also falls into that, it shows that more than one person has these thoughts
    thats more my fould. I should have said what kind of music I would use.
    watched collab without music and listing names in a text docuemnt there was some nice spinning there:) enkronidus as always, i also liked fang's combo i do realise my spinning needs to be less..... not sure what it is, i think more baks would make it nice if the lighting for kima's combo was better, it would have been nice but i love watching straight dr grip spinning all in all, there was a little buster spamming in the collab, but some nice combos
    thanks for your comment. I will use what you said for my next collab. I can make a re-edit if your interest in what I can do...

15. k-ryder
    Date: Wed, Jan 5 2011 03:44:29

fang wrote: thats more my fould. I should have said what kind of music I would use.
    i think its a little different i knew from the beginning that some people are opposed to the hip hop music wit this collab, it was just a mis match of intend/content with the music put slightly blunt, bad music choice a warning wouldn't really help that much with what you said about the re edit, dont stress, i can just watch another collab that you make

16. fang
    Date: Wed, Jan 5 2011 19:10:54

@Escorpio123, are you happy about the result?

17. Escorpio123
    Date: Wed, Jan 12 2011 07:04:53

fang wrote: @Escorpio123, are you happy about the result?
    It looks nice, I like it :D

18. Van
    Date: Wed, Jan 12 2011 23:17:34

k-ryder wrote: all in all, there was a little buster spamming in the collab, but some nice combos
    T.T yea...i should have been filtered out :banghead: