1. nateiskewl
    Date: Thu, Dec 30 2010 18:17:39

What's the point?

2. TheAafg
    Date: Thu, Dec 30 2010 18:22:45

/shit thread

3. Colin
    Date: Thu, Dec 30 2010 19:47:16

what do you mean? yeah, ill admit; im guility of spending money on my car with parts from japan. But its like asking "why the FUCK do you need Hollister clothes/FCUK sweaters?" or your Xbox gaming headset thats like 350? its exactly like penspinning. we import pens from japan, break it apart and put them together. we meet up for a gathering to exchange pens, andhave a good time. same thing with JDM-heads. They import car parts from japan. Often the put only little bits and pieces in their car. they meet up for ..well, they call it meets. They check out each other's car, and have a good time. They would call JDM and Hellaflush a lifestyle. Its more of a hobby to me.

4. Dudak
    Date: Thu, Dec 30 2010 20:03:49

Cars are stupid

5. XYZaki
    Date: Thu, Dec 30 2010 20:13:54

Yeah why would you waste money on a car when you can just teleport.

6. nateiskewl
    Date: Thu, Dec 30 2010 23:44:54

Colin wrote: what do you mean? yeah, ill admit; im guility of spending money on my car with parts from japan. But its like asking "why the FUCK do you need Hollister clothes/FCUK sweaters?" or your Xbox gaming headset thats like 350? its exactly like penspinning. we import pens from japan, break it apart and put them together. we meet up for a gathering to exchange pens, andhave a good time. same thing with JDM-heads. They import car parts from japan. Often the put only little bits and pieces in their car. they meet up for ..well, they call it meets. They check out each other's car, and have a good time. They would call JDM and Hellaflush a lifestyle. Its more of a hobby to me.
    Why are Japanese stock parts better than American stock parts?

7. Colin
    Date: Fri, Dec 31 2010 00:34:21

@nateiskewl We see USDM cars everyday, and it gets a bit tiring. And it also depends on what parts youre looking for. Japanese engines have more oomph in it than US engines. Japanese exterior parts are just personal preferance. They have options that we dont have. Interior as well. Its all just for looks. For example: This is a STOCK Civic TypeR. Only the stereo has been modified. Now as opposed to the USDM Civic TypeR..well there isnt a Civic Type R in the US. We have the Civic SI, which is TOTALLY different. The TypeR is a hatchback, with a B18 engine. The SI is a coupe, with a B16 engine. They both have differnt outputs, and the interior is different. For example: Theres other things as well, like front end conversions. Basically this is either converting the headlights to Japanese headlights, or the entire RightHand Drive deal. From To The thing is, JDM is a very loose term. People think putting expensive Japanese rims, random stickers, and expensive seats from others cars make it JDM. THIS is considered JDM. As well as I dont like the term JDM. Its lost its meaning. Its overused, overplayed. I practically hate anything that has the title "JDM" written on it. I like to refer it as "Japanese". Why? Because they have like 5 or so JDM parts.

8. TheAafg
    Date: Fri, Dec 31 2010 03:44:52

do you guys use JDM cars to drift or what?

9. Colin
    Date: Fri, Dec 31 2010 06:17:15

^This is another sterotypical response. Fast and the Furious is a TERRIBLE example. drifting doesnt automatically make it "JDM" hell, there are Vipers and Mustangs that drift. JDM cars are all mostly for show.

10. Mike
    Date: Fri, Dec 31 2010 08:39:14

Colin wrote: ^This is another sterotypical response. Fast and the Furious is a TERRIBLE example. drifting doesnt automatically make it "JDM" hell, there are Vipers and Mustangs that drift. JDM cars are all mostly for show.
    Holy shit. Shitty ass Honda's with racing parts. :)

11. Colin
    Date: Fri, Dec 31 2010 09:32:23

Mike wrote: Holy shit. Shitty ass Honda's with racing parts. :)
    I see what you did there

12. nateiskewl
    Date: Sat, Jan 1 2011 20:14:14

Why not just buy MXDM?

13. boshi
    Date: Sat, Jan 1 2011 22:19:06

hey nate, do you have your permit yet?