UPSB v4

Fundamental Tricks / Fingerless Thumbaround Reverse

1. strat1227
    Date: Tue, Jun 8 2010 17:08:06

Fingerless Thumbaround Reverse This trick involves moving the pen around the thumb using hand/arm motion so that it spins 360 degrees and in a clockwise fashion (right handed). The initial position is different from a Thumbaround Reverse. The pen can be caught in the same final position as the Thumbaround Reverse. Video Tutorial by KTrinh93 Video Tutorial by Pari

2. Soren
    Date: Mon, Dec 13 2010 18:50:39

i love this trick, i especially love linking this trick in this combo: neosonic 32 > thumbflap charge reverse > fingerless thumbaround reverse

3. VisualizeWorldPens
    Date: Fri, Jul 29 2011 01:31:46

yep, it helps if you do a tf charge rev. makes it a lot easier, cuz it builds up momentum

4. Awesome
    Date: Fri, Jul 29 2011 01:59:53

VisualizeWorldPens wrote: yep, it helps if you do a tf charge rev. makes it a lot easier, cuz it builds up momentum
    It also takes away from the appeal, its fine to use tf charge rev while starting out as "training wheels", but try to get used to it without a need for TF charge rev.

5. Explosion101
    Date: Sat, Jul 30 2011 04:06:00

Awesome wrote: It also takes away from the appeal, its fine to use tf charge rev while starting out as "training wheels", but try to get used to it without a need for TF charge rev.
    its better to start without TF charge rev harder to learn it without the TF charge rev but there is a smaller chance you will become dependent on it

6. AmericanPenNinja
    Date: Sat, Dec 24 2011 19:35:02

It always just falls into my palm though, do i need to move fingers or use more force?

7. Karrot
    Date: Wed, Jan 4 2012 20:47:09

the same thing happens to me...so I worked on something else :P

8. Kari
    Date: Wed, Jan 4 2012 21:27:21

AmericanPenNinja wrote: It always just falls into my palm though, do i need to move fingers or use more force?
    @Karrot More force should work. Just try not to send the pen flying. :p

9. Karrot
    Date: Thu, Jan 5 2012 18:27:09

Kari wrote: @Karrot More force should work. Just try not to send the pen flying. :p
    thanks, i'll try that

10. Boxxy
    Date: Thu, Jan 5 2012 21:32:22

The way I do it is I move my hand(Palm side) in a forward motion then move it up and back

11. Karrot
    Date: Sat, Jan 7 2012 20:56:20

platinumsj wrote: The way I do it is I move my hand(Palm side) in a forward motion then move it up and back
    thanks, I'll try that too

12. Boxxy
    Date: Mon, Jan 9 2012 02:36:01

NP

13. Kei
    Date: Thu, Feb 23 2012 22:52:47

how are suppose to hold the pen for this?

14. IKON
    Date: Thu, Mar 8 2012 01:56:13

This is the awkwardest move to learn, I nearly put my thumb in my eye practising :I

15. Karrot
    Date: Thu, Mar 8 2012 21:46:13

IKON wrote: This is the awkwardest move to learn, I nearly put my thumb in my eye practising :I
    O.o why would you spin so close to your face?

16. Anemia
    Date: Thu, Mar 8 2012 22:30:05

Try positioning the pen at a 45 degree angle pointing upward, then let it kind of fall over your thumb. This takes less of an arm movement, and is one step closer to preforming the trick in a combo fashion.

17. Kari
    Date: Fri, Mar 9 2012 05:23:15

IKON wrote: This is the awkwardest move to learn, I nearly put my thumb in my eye practising :I
    Then one, you are pushing it too hard to make it go flying. Two, your arm and thumb should not move. You only need to push the pen with your middle finger.

18. IKON
    Date: Fri, Mar 9 2012 19:42:38

Kari wrote: Then one, you are pushing it too hard to make it go flying. Two, your arm and thumb should not move. You only need to push the pen with your middle finger.
    oh...after my comssa flew off into the sunset I realised what you meant, I'm using too much arm motion instead of finger. I'll see how it goes ^.^ thanks!

19. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Fri, Mar 9 2012 20:34:01

Kari wrote: Then one, you are pushing it too hard to make it go flying. Two, your arm and thumb should not move. You only need to push the pen with your middle finger.
    If it's fingerless then you don't push it O.o

20. Kari
    Date: Fri, Mar 9 2012 21:02:18

eurocracy wrote: If it's fingerless then you don't push it O.o
    LOL you are absolutely right. Same concept @IKON except you don't push with your middle finger. But still you shouldn't be using arm movements.

21. Karrot
    Date: Fri, Mar 9 2012 22:32:44

Kari wrote: LOL you are absolutely right. Same concept @IKON except you don't push with your middle finger. But still you shouldn't be using arm movements.
    wait...can't you use arm movements, to get the pen to go around?

22. Kari
    Date: Fri, Mar 9 2012 22:51:03

Karrot wrote: wait...can't you use arm movements, to get the pen to go around?
    You can. I just feel it is easier not to.

23. Epic Holiday
    Date: Sat, Mar 17 2012 17:42:03

help me! My trick starts and end pretty much in the same place. :( I mean.. i can do 2x this trick because it doesn't hand in the other side. :( Impossible to do a Harmonic. What Am I doing wrong?!

24. midniteferret
    Date: Tue, Mar 20 2012 23:44:31

Epic Holiday wrote: help me! My trick starts and end pretty much in the same place. :( I mean.. i can do 2x this trick because it doesn't hand in the other side. :( Impossible to do a Harmonic. What Am I doing wrong?!
    Just keep practicing, it will change the pen's position...maybe you are moving your hand too much...anyways yeah just keep practicing

25. Kari
    Date: Wed, Mar 21 2012 17:29:42

Epic Holiday wrote: help me! My trick starts and end pretty much in the same place. :( I mean.. i can do 2x this trick because it doesn't hand in the other side. :( Impossible to do a Harmonic. What Am I doing wrong?!
    You are letting the pen slip. Don't let the pen slip or lose contact with your thumb. And why are you trying to do harmonic Fingerless thumb around anyway?

26. Materia
    Date: Sun, Dec 30 2012 15:15:49

Kari wrote: You are letting the pen slip. Don't let the pen slip or lose contact with your thumb. And why are you trying to do harmonic Fingerless thumb around anyway?
    Wait, earlier you said that it's better to not use any arm movements to swing the pen round but also refraining from using your middle finger to push it around. I'm still trying to learn this and that confused me somewhat... :P So how exactly do you preform this? And also, from this, would a Harmonic FL TA be possible?

27. Valentin
    Date: Sun, Dec 30 2012 17:42:56

Just let the pen "fall", but make your hand doing a little move and then catch the pen.

28. Kari
    Date: Tue, Jan 8 2013 03:51:21

Markopokodude wrote: Wait, earlier you said that it's better to not use any arm movements to swing the pen round but also refraining from using your middle finger to push it around. I'm still trying to learn this and that confused me somewhat... :P So how exactly do you preform this? And also, from this, would a Harmonic FL TA be possible?
    You don't use your fingers because it's fingerless. You don't need to use any arm movement for the trick. You can use the movement of your thumb to get it going.

29. Mats
    Date: Tue, Jan 8 2013 04:59:30

Kari wrote: You don't use your fingers because it's fingerless. You don't need to use any arm movement for the trick. You can use the movement of your thumb to get it going.
    Actually, using your thumb would make it not fingerless. It should be a push with the motion of the arm/wrist and not a push with the fingers (fingers includes thumb).

30. vertaz
    Date: Tue, Jan 8 2013 05:19:55

it's not really a push with the fingers though, its just a movement, like a bak

31. Valentin
    Date: Tue, Jan 8 2013 06:11:03

Mats wrote: Actually, using your thumb would make it not fingerless.
    If he uses only one finger, then it's fingerless.

32. Mats
    Date: Tue, Jan 8 2013 06:48:18

Valentin wrote: If he uses only one finger, then it's fingerless.
    Erm, no. :facepalm: :wiki:
    http://upsb.info/wiki/index.php?title=Fingerless

33. Valentin
    Date: Tue, Jan 8 2013 17:26:26

Mats wrote: Erm, no. :facepalm: :wiki:
    Huum, could you give me an example of a fingerles trick that uses more than one finger at the same time?

34. Mats
    Date: Tue, Jan 8 2013 17:50:41

Valentin wrote: Huum, could you give me an example of a fingerles trick that uses more than one finger at the same time?
    Did you read the wiki article? How about fingerless thumbindexspin? Read the article.

35. Valentin
    Date: Tue, Jan 8 2013 18:01:30

Mats wrote: Did you read the wiki article? How about fingerless thumbindexspin? Read the article.
    I did. And I was talking about the fingerless push, that uses the move of the hand to make the pen spin...

36. Mats
    Date: Tue, Jan 8 2013 18:24:24

Valentin wrote: I did. And I was talking about the fingerless push, that uses the move of the hand to make the pen spin...
    You're saying fingerless push and then you're saying it must use exactly one finger. This is a contradiction? What on Earth do you mean? I've never been so confused on UPSB... :wacko:

37. Valentin
    Date: Tue, Jan 8 2013 18:38:25

Mats wrote: You're saying fingerless push and then you're saying it must use exactly one finger. This is a contradiction? What on Earth do you mean? I've never been so confused on UPSB... :wacko:
    I meant after a fingerless push, it uses only one finger, and I was particularely thinking to fl TA, backaround, until you told me there was the thumbindex spin. Hope it's more clear for you ^^

38. Mats
    Date: Tue, Jan 8 2013 22:34:38

Valentin wrote: I meant after a fingerless push, it uses only one finger, and I was particularely thinking to fl TA, backaround, until you told me there was the thumbindex spin. Hope it's more clear for you ^^
    ahh I see what you mean. All the common ones do seem to use one finger, except for some backaround variations, such as bak 12-34.