UPSB v4

Off-topic / iBuild

1. iMatt
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 18:00:51

Since a lot of my Ask thread has been for computer builds/model recommendations. This might make things a little easier to sort through. Post your computer building/recommendation questions here and I'll try to keep current with them as best I can. Simple things I'll need if you request a build. 1.) Your Budget 2.) Your features requirements

2. walrus
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 18:12:18

uhmm... I HATE IT WHEN EVERYTHING STARTS WITH A "i" /ragequit can't you just call it "build" not ibuild? its overated and obviosly copyed from the apple "ipod"

3. iMatt
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 18:19:42

Jan wrote: uhmm... I HATE IT WHEN EVERYTHING STARTS WITH A "i" /ragequit can't you just call it "build" not ibuild? its overated and obviosly copyed from the apple "ipod"
    iDon't see an issue with it. It's kind of what iDo. It's an iTheme. just how iRoll.

4. +Guitrum+
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 18:20:26

BAM

5. Mats
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 18:29:16

I need a PC. It needs to be compact. I want to be able to run modern games on it and releases from the next year or two. And do video editing also (mainly collabs). And photo editing in Photoshop. And watch DVDs on it. And go on the internet. And write music on it.

6. Zombo
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 18:31:44

iMatt wrote: iDon't see an issue with it. It's kind of what iDo. It's an iTheme. just how iRoll.
    iBuild me an iMac :P lol just joking I hate macs

7. iMatt
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 18:38:06

I will never recommend an alienware, but they're the only ones offering compact gaming machines. http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-m11x/pd?refid=alienware-m11x&~ck=mn The trade off is no optical drive and it's a high ratio of price to parts. It'll run everything fine. If you want an optical drive you'll have to move up to at least a 15" which isn't nearly as compact as an 11.1 form factor.

8. bubbles
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 20:07:03

i need a new motherboard and processor for under 300, im a gamer ya. tudaaaaa

9. iMatt
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 20:22:47

bubbles wrote: i need a new motherboard and processor for under 300, im a gamer ya. tudaaaaa
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.564873 Spend the rest on new RAM to go with it.