UPSB v4

Off-topic / Girlfriend

1. Scott Shaputis
    Date: Sat, Dec 18 2010 20:45:07

I've been with the same girl for about 8 months or so We broke up before, then she had another boyfriend pretty shortly We ended up getting back together, but she still had another boyfriend and she cheated on him with me, and eventually broke up with him and now we are back together... I can't help but think that she is always cheating on me. I feel like she never would, but I just keep going back to how she cheated on her last boyfriend with me. And not helping this fact is that she does not tell me anything, she tries to make everything centered around me, if she was dying she wouldn't let me know just so I wouldn't have to worry. I'm not sure what to do... HEEELP

2. XYZaki
    Date: Sat, Dec 18 2010 20:49:37

If she's the kind of person that would cheat, why would you even be with her in the first place? Speaking of which, why do you even like her?

3. Scott Shaputis
    Date: Sat, Dec 18 2010 20:56:41

I do, I like her a lot, and I want things to work. I never took her as the type of person to cheat, she said that she had cheated on her last boyfriend with me because she had only hoped to get the same feeling that she had when we were together but wasn't getting it, and she didn't know how to let him down and that is where it started oops misread idk we have been together for a while and we have a lot in common like a lot of the same things and i just really enjoy her company and i'm extremely attracted to her on top of that.

4. Colin
    Date: Sat, Dec 18 2010 20:58:09

Im not sure you would want to listen to me, cause im a fucking kid. Dont care, this has KINDA happened to me before. Just..dont do it. Long story short: I like this girl, Amy(ex), and I spent 3 months thinking nothing about her. She got drunk one night, and got crazy with one of her girl friends. Made out, yadayadayada. I gave up right after, fucking depressed as shit. Moved on to another girl, Joanna shortly after. I tried buying Joanna a rose through this school-sanctioned program thing. Amy got mad at me, cause Ive ignored her ever since the lesbo incident, and claimed that I cheated on her cause I tried to buy Joanna a rose. I didnt even know Amy and I were dating. Ive had her for a girlfriend for about a year. She would always cause me so much problems, I couldnt deal with it. She would always be in some kind of trouble, then make me feel guilty as SHIT. She always threatened me with suicidal attempts, poisoning herself, and so on. To make it even shorter, just break it off. As much as you might care about her, as much as you love her, its not worth it. Response to the edit; we had a lot in common as well. we loved to game (inorite), she came from the same background to me, we LOVED to fuck (each other that is), and we just liked being with each other--whether if it was sex, a day at the park, or just a restaurant date.

5. Scott Shaputis
    Date: Sat, Dec 18 2010 21:09:39

How does one simply just break it off? What to do when tears start to flow? Further advice on anything would be much appreciated will be back after work.

6. Prince
    Date: Sat, Dec 18 2010 21:25:05

ask @Pen Ninja; he and his girlfriend are going strong ;)

7. Awesome
    Date: Sat, Dec 18 2010 21:30:54

the way I see it is actions speak louder then words but I second the ask pen ninja notion, or just be some emotionally detached jerk, that seems to be getting popular of late, or at least act like one if you are breaking it off. Really its a hard subject, something you have to figure out for yourself I think

8. dengtao
    Date: Sat, Dec 18 2010 22:17:20

I'm sure this could be a bit similar to what the other respondents are saying, but... I would evaluate whether this relationship with her is worth the pain or worry it causes you. Do you like this girl enough to continue the relationship or try to improve it, even if it hurts you? Are your time, thoughts, and energies worth it in a relationship where your partner is not loyal to you? Do you trust your partner or care for her, and does she feel the same for you? A relationship is built on trust and caring for each other, not tearing each other down. Your answer to these questions will determine what you should do. This is probably and oversimplification of what you are going through, but these are what I believe are the fundamentals. If you think the relationship is worth continuing despite the worry it causes you, it is your choice. If you think the relationship is not worth continuing because it is too much trouble, it is also your choice. As for breaking it off, definitely talk with her about it. Tell her what she does that bothers you and whatnot. If she wants to change her ways after that, you will have to re-evaluate again. In this case, I would say you must weigh and decide is most important to you. I apologize if this is no help, but it is really your decision and what you want out of a relationship, your personal values, and what you want out of your life.

9. neXus
    Date: Sat, Dec 18 2010 23:03:12

So being in a relationship makes you a relationship expert? Good to know.

10. iMatt
    Date: Sat, Dec 18 2010 23:49:16

From a man who's not a preteen. 1.) Just let things run their course. You're over-thinking about it. People do stupid shit. Just remember, "A kiss is not a contract, but it's very nice. Yes it's very nice." ;) 2.) If you really feel like shes cheating, talk to her about it. Reassess from there. 3.) Chill. You're still young, if things don't work out there's a million other people out there. Not a life changing decisions lol.

11. colourfulXinsanity
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 01:08:36

Give up. Date me. Problem solved.

12. AoD1
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 01:20:21

um scott my dude i thought you were smarter than that to ask upsb about your girl problems????

13. Pen Ninja
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 07:25:54

i wouldnt be too impressed with her cheating on her ex... i also wldnt be too impressed with myself if i was the one she cheated on him with but hey, in the end u have to deal with it, talk about it or something. only advice i have is not to push it down and assume itll all be ok and ull forget all about it. ive seen a relationship end suddenly becuase of something like that just recently... as an added incentive... the guy was down about $3k from shit he bought her in the last month alone... its not something u want to deal with later. dont be afraid to bring up the subject... if shes got nothing to hide, then theres no problems

14. neix
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 08:07:09

get some more. and then dump her. obviously she is no good for you. you can do better! best of luck

15. whysosrs
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 08:16:53

even if she cheated on a dozen black men, and her sammich taste good, shes a keeper, until you find a more delious sammich

16. neXus
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 10:33:05

whysosrs wrote: even if she cheated on a dozen black men, and her sammich taste good, shes a keeper, until you find a more delious sammich
    I know you say that because it's the funny thing to do but that stuff stopped being funny years ago.

17. Scott Shaputis
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 20:02:00

colourfulXinsanity wrote: Give up. Date me. Problem solved.
    ok.

18. Colin
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 20:16:53

neXus;44168]I know you say that because it's the funny thing to do but that stuff stopped being funny years ago.[/QUOTE] ^agreed honestly, i dont think that's one bit funny. [QUOTE=Scott Shaputis wrote: How does one simply just break it off? What to do when tears start to flow? Further advice on anything would be much appreciated will be back after work.
    Youve guys been at it for a while now. Problems are inevitable, but they shouldnt be to these kinds of extremes. "Its not you its me" kinda thing NEVER works. Just tell her how you feel. Crying? Of course you'll cry, its only natural. Comfort yourself with homies. Parents, they'll never understand cause "youre too young". They know wsup, they know you well enough. And of course, talk to her about it. If she takes it up the ass, well then tell her she's being a little brat

19. walrus
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 20:22:06

the problem is that i can talk to girls but i dont know what to say. I cant start a subject about soccer or CoD or pen spinning... what should i say?

20. Colin
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 20:32:30

make your own thread, yeah? seriously, dont jack someone else's thread

21. Scott Shaputis
    Date: Mon, Dec 20 2010 03:06:43

I meant what do you do when she starts to cry If I was about to break it off and she starts to cry I cave instantly.

22. shoeman6
    Date: Mon, Dec 20 2010 03:47:11

hug it out