UPSB v4

Member Introductions / You Just Lost The Game.

1. dengtao
    Date: Sat, Dec 18 2010 05:25:55

Sorry about that. I had to make the title interesting, and didn't want to give the conventional "New Pen Spinner Here" title. I am a student who practices pen spinning in class. I started about a month ago after seeing a classmate doing some basic tricks, as well as my friend from Hong Kong doing some more advanced ones. And yes, I am Chinese, to anyone wondering. I am also a ninja, not that you would know. So I'm a Chinese ninja, even though ninjas are actually Japanese. I have a YouTube channel as well as a deviantART, to which I will post the links to if desired.

2. Mats
    Date: Sat, Dec 18 2010 05:36:03

Actually, I just won the game. I play a variation, in which, everytime you remember you are playing, you win! It's a great variation!

3. dengtao
    Date: Sat, Dec 18 2010 05:40:50

Drat. I guess it didn't work then. But now, I'm quite jealous of this new spin on the game. I've also heard of a variation where you win the game when you make others lose, or get ice cream when you make 200 people lose... but unfortunately it seems most people play the "if you think of it you lose" variety. I might just start playing this new version of the game and reap the glories every time someone attempts to make me "lose". Thank you, Mr. Fresh, for this ingenious idea.

4. Riley
    Date: Sat, Dec 18 2010 06:56:21

If you were a ninja, you wouldn't have revealed it. Anyway, welcome to UPSB!

5. Zombo
    Date: Sat, Dec 18 2010 15:33:59

:welcome: check out my piano videos www.youtube.com/welcometozombocom

6. walrus
    Date: Sat, Dec 18 2010 21:16:56

another girl :) :welcome: to UPSB

7. dengtao
    Date: Sat, Dec 18 2010 21:21:04

Thank you, Zombo and Riley! Edit: Thank you Jan! Zombo, you have some very nice videos. I have yet to play more modern/new age/videogame/anime/etc. type music, though I should. The only one I have uploaded is Yiruma's "River Flows in You", but everyone plays that. Since you've already posted your YT, I will shamelessly post mine The videos art sort of old, some from two years ago. I haven't updated it since... a year ago or so. Most of them are old videos from competitions or recitals, but two are ones I taped at home. Yes, I move around too much when I play. -_- Does anyone know if it's possible to change your username on YouTube? I didn't think so, but I thought I'd ask anyway. If not, I'll probably end up making a new channel.

8. TheAafg
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 00:55:27

hey welcome to upsb, you seem very nice, just so you there are some mean people here, so dont take it seriously if they say something. Anyways enjoy your stay

9. Paramours
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 01:46:42

dangit i lost D: chinese girl^^ thats cool :welcome:

10. Mike
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 02:17:13

dengtao wrote: Thank you, Zombo and Riley! Edit: Thank you Jan! Zombo, you have some very nice videos. I have yet to play more modern/new age/videogame/anime/etc. type music, though I should. The only one I have uploaded is Yiruma's "River Flows in You", but everyone plays that. Since you've already posted your YT, I will shamelessly post mine: www.youtube.com/eclairerin The videos art sort of old, some from two years ago. I haven't updated it since... a year ago or so. Most of them are old videos from competitions or recitals, but two are ones I taped at home. Yes, I move around too much when I play. -_- Does anyone know if it's possible to change your username on YouTube? I didn't think so, but I thought I'd ask anyway. If not, I'll probably end up making a new channel.
    Philosophy and Psychology? Interesting. Deviantart Link?

11. dengtao
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 03:00:56

Thanks for the welcomes. I have hardly anything up there as of now. It's quite a lonely page, actually. I haven't drawn in a while... in a year, actually, mainly because of homework and such. But I definitely need to add more, especially now that I've gotten a new camera. ^ There's my sad explanation as to why I only have four items and they appear incomplete.

12. Riley
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 03:04:06

It's not possible to change your YouTube channel name. :(

13. dengtao
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 03:09:14

Ah, how unfortunate. Looks like I'll have to create a new account when I start to post videos again.

14. Zombo
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 15:50:16

yeah I listen a lot to classical music; from what you played I like Haydn and Mozart as composers, but I don't film classical video because there's already a ton of videos on them, so I film stuff that is lesser known. I have tons of vids on my old account too, http://www.youtube.com/medsas including Yiruma http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fOvyEpZAuU

15. Tialys
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 17:39:05

Damn, how did I lose a game I never played?! Welcome, stranga! (RE4 merchant voice) Speaking of which, I recently found this video and it cracked me up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE5EOkujUUo Anyway, I watched one of your piano videos and your movement isn't too bad, so I wouldn't worry. I've seen some people who move around like they're possessed, and it's difficult to focus on their playing.

16. Soren
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 18:27:01

:welcome: hope you enjoy it here and learn some more tricks What languages do you speak and what tricks can you do? I speak cantonese =D

17. pj
    Date: Tue, Dec 21 2010 04:28:04

why