UPSB v4

Member Introductions / have some questions! PLEASE ANSWER!!

1. goldenboy2421
    Date: Wed, Dec 8 2010 20:45:39

hey everyone, im new to pen spinning. Im trying to get the fundementals down but im having a hard time. you see, im left handed and my pinky and ring finger are like inseperable, if my pinky goes down so does my ring finger. has any one had this problem? can i fix it? and how long will it take for me to get decent at pen spinning??

2. walrus
    Date: Wed, Dec 8 2010 21:47:21

wrong section. post in hand care. >.>

3. Enkronidus
    Date: Wed, Dec 8 2010 22:31:04

goldenboy2421 wrote: if my pinky goes down so does my ring finger. has any one had this problem? can i fix it? and how long will it take for me to get decent at pen spinning??
    Me. No idea, but it doesn't affect my spinning at all. It takes different period of time to take people to be good at spinning. But usually at least 1 year of practice.

4. Jamal
    Date: Wed, Dec 8 2010 22:59:29

Jan wrote: wrong thread. post in hand care. >.>
    \ "wrong thread" THREAD @goldenboy2421 nobody can move their pinky forward without their ring finger going down as well, but its normally not that much of a problem. if yours is a big difference, i say try to train your pinky to go forward and hold your ring finger back as much as you can otherwise, i dont think it will affect you very much

5. poisoned
    Date: Thu, Dec 9 2010 04:56:40

I used to be like that, never caused any real problems. After penspinning for a while and building up dexterity and finger independence my ring finger doesn't move at all when my pinky goes down. To answer your question about time, it really depends how much you practice. I probably wasn't able to do an actual combination of tricks until I was around a 2 month spinner. Watching/breaking down youtube videos and copying what you see definitely helps.