UPSB v4

Off-topic / If girls came with labels and warning signs...

1. Mage In Black
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 08:50:37

Recently discovered a poem I wrote for some random poetry class I took in college. I'm a shitty poet--hell, I don't event like poetry much--but I think this one turned out okay. Just wanted to share it. Hope you like it as much as I did. It was fun to write. If girls came with labels and warning signs: Their eyes would read: “If eyebrows are pointing downwards, run!” Their mouths would read: “It keeps going and going and going!” Their hands would read: “iHands. Apple’s new line of state of the art products. They cook, they clean, they do everything!” Their backs would read: “There are two present landmarks within existence. “Down below is the Land of Gentle Slopes. “To the front of the body and in between the two arms lies the Silicone Valleys.” And the Silicone Valleys would read: “God’s gift to mankind.” The Land of Gentle Slopes would read: “God is generous.” Their vaginas would warn: “Abandon all hope all ye who enter here.” And for the lucky ones who happen to find it, The heart would read: “Made in Heaven.”

2. chris
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 12:40:05

I lol'd for the most part.

3. TheAafg
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 12:49:00

ok, it was pretty good, the end was sick , nice poem

4. asdfcrow
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 15:50:09

That kind of reminds of something this walrus would write.

5. Mats
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 16:00:32

I don't think it's particulary good. =/

6. TurbulentTurtle
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 16:35:34

This is incredibly sexist. It is very hurtful.

7. Mage In Black
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 20:57:27

Eh, I never said I was a rockin' poet. I suck. Like I said, I don't even like poetry much. I'm a fiction writer. I just took a random poetry class just... for the hell of it. Poetry-wise, yeah, the poem sucks. But I like how humorous it turned out. I find it clever. I suppose the poem does depict me as rather chauvinistic, but hell, it's just a joke. If it's funny, I'm gonna tell it. Glad some peopled liked it though. :]

8. JC
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 21:14:12

I liked itt :] imma share it with my friends if that's okay with youu

9. Mage In Black
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 21:44:06

Cool, yeah. Go ahead. Don't forget to mention who wrote it. :D

10. JC
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 22:03:26

I just told them you were a friend of mine from Norcal :] and they thought it was really clever and you have "skillz" haha

11. Mage In Black
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 22:09:12

That works. Glad they like it. I probably won't be writing any "poetry" for a while though.

12. Kirby
    Date: Wed, Dec 8 2010 23:28:06

Gives a honest man viewpoint, fuck it if woman think its sexist. Funny, then the end hit me with like a "woah"

13. blahblahting
    Date: Thu, Dec 9 2010 02:43:37

“To the front of the body and in between the two arms lies the Silicone Valleys.”
    LOL i like how i (not sure if you, too) like in the Silicon Valley lmaoooo xD