UPSB v4

Advanced Tricks / How To Better Anything

1. Eso
    Date: Tue, Jun 8 2010 13:45:55

Please use this thread to discuss all things related to improvement in any aspect of pen spinning, such as:

[*]Linking [*]Becoming Smoother [*]Spinning faster [*]Etc
    The most common response you will get in this thread is: "practice more." Please only post if you have something constructive or insightful for a fellow spinner.

2. Gr3gY
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 08:11:56

any advice for linkages at fingers 3 & 4? cos i noticed my spinning is rather conc on the front few fingers and how do i get smoother in perfroming tricks, generally? tks for any help ^^

3. Eso
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 08:28:33

That's a very broad question but I'll take a crack at it. For linkages into and out of 34, it generally takes a lot of practice. But I think it's HOW you practice that matters. You should try an example combo that goes into 34, and another one that goes out of 34, and do them slowly. Very, very slowly. While doing them, try to have more power into fingers 3 and 4. Consciously think about it and try to make necessary adjustments. Off topic, but I also am dealing with the same thing, although I am more concerned about what my other fingers are doing in the midst of 34 tricks, such as Ringaround. Again, that takes conscious effort and I do it very slowly. I also practice frequently so my muscles remember the formation. The more you practice the same motions, the better you become and the better informed your fingers will be. Whenever that happens, you are free to make the necessary adjustments without too much trouble. Maybe move finger 2 a little more backwards? Or maybe keep 34 a little closer? There's many different things and it all depends on your ability to analyze your fingers in real time. As for getting smoother, I generally like to watch videos to get an idea of what smooth means. After that, I rewatch the video many times to try and... "put myself into their bodies" and figure out exactly what makes them smooth. Sometimes it requires a loosening of your muscles. Or maybe it requires you to change up the timing of your catches and allow some slacking before moving on to the next trick. It's a complicated and lengthy process but if you keep a general idea of what you want to achieve, you should get there eventually.

4. Milk
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 08:44:54

How do I come up with insane, original and unique linkages? Is it all just sitting down and planning everything out or is there something else to it?

5. Lindor
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 08:54:47

It'll start by planning everything. Watch dozen of good combos, imagin linkages and hybrids, make your own "perfect combo", try to film it. By practicing this type of penspinning everyday and for a long time, it'll become natural to you and you'll end up being able to do such "insanes" linkages without having to plan everything.

6. Gr3gY
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 09:22:40

Eso wrote: snip.
    ok tks for tat, eso i'll try working on those :D

7. RichardX
    Date: Tue, Jun 29 2010 20:09:11

Is it just me, or is it hard for people to be able to do tricks like comtinuous shadow or fingerless thumbaround, or any other continuous trick? The only continuous tricks I can do are fundamentals like continuous thumbaround. Any suggestions on how to be able to do continuous tricks more easily?

8. Archermitch
    Date: Tue, Jun 29 2010 21:39:52

Continuous tricks are the result of pure practice and practice only. Basically, you have to learn how to do a double trick and from there on out it's pure rehearsal. Build up the double trick to a triple, then quadruple and so on. That's why continuous tricks are so impressive. There are no shortcuts or secrets. :/ Personally, I don't think they are that important because they appear spammy or repetitive in combos in my opinion

9. shoeman6
    Date: Tue, Jun 29 2010 21:47:11

Practice makes things easier, not better.

10. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Jun 30 2010 14:11:34

Archermitch wrote: Personally, I don't think they are that important because they appear spammy or repetitive in combos in my opinion
    Agreed!! If I can do about 5 to 10 of any cont' trick I'll stop practicing it. No one likes to see a combo and half of it is bust.

11. SnowyKitten
    Date: Sun, Jul 4 2010 08:03:19

for some reason if i learn something new i tend to replace another trick in my routine and then never use the trick ever again *example* use to be a big fan of putting double charge into my routine however ever since i learned the finger arounds i havent used double charge at all, any ideas on how i should change my mentality towards tricks>?

12. Awesome
    Date: Sun, Jul 4 2010 11:01:06

TPsLove wrote: for some reason if i learn something new i tend to replace another trick in my routine and then never use the trick ever again *example* use to be a big fan of putting double charge into my routine however ever since i learned the finger arounds i havent used double charge at all, any ideas on how i should change my mentality towards tricks>?
    I do the same thing, it doesn't really bother me cuz further down the road I'll be like Oh yeah, I can do that. I suppose you can write down all the tricks and mini combos as you learn them, then you can look at that list regularly to remind yourself what you know, and practice them regularly. or you can be like me and not worry about things like that, I think of it since I am improving its only natural I leave my old tricks behind and replace them with new, more complex tricks.

13. neoknux_009
    Date: Sun, Jul 4 2010 13:19:55

while pure practice is important you must also change ur method everytime you dont suceed. When you dont get the trick, try to reason what went wrong, from then on try to fix it. i think einstein once defined insanity as : "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" so make sure you nto just wasting energy busting and busting until u fluke it. When you do get it right jot down what went right, or even better record yourself when you landed the trick the way you want and try to replicate it each time.

14. Gr3gY
    Date: Sun, Jul 4 2010 14:38:09

[QUOTE=neoknux_009] i think einstein once defined insanity as : "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" [/QUOTE] ur philophisical, but hey i agree. [QUOTE=Awesome] I suppose you can write down all the tricks and mini combos as you learn them, then you can look at that list regularly to remind yourself what you know, and practice them regularly. [/QUOTE] @TPsLove: take tis 2 advice above :) or u can just dont wry abt things, only later when ur doing combos then try to rmb what u have and incoporate them in. :)

15. Frip
    Date: Sun, Jul 4 2010 15:08:45

Hippo2626 wrote: Agreed!! If I can do about 5 to 10 of any cont' trick I'll stop practicing it. No one likes to see a combo and half of it is bust.
    5-10 is a lot. My personal max is 3..maybe 4 SOMETIMES.

16. RdHg
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 00:04:56

Idk if this is the right place to put this but can you guys give me some new linkages?

17. Hyukan
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 03:21:08

i honestly dont think that spinning fast is something to get better at, because if you get too fast then people cant tell what youre doing

18. neoknux_009
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 04:25:59

i think people should still strive to go more than 5-10 cont. tricks. . This is not because they should use more the cont trick more than 10x in a combo, but because it builds consistancy. For example, when people learn charge imaigne if they could only do 5 and stop there..tahts silly. Some may say that cont. tricks arnt a base standard like charge is, but clealy tw sonic bust has so many uses now these days that getting more than 10 of a trick will just add to a persons consistancy.. and they wont have a hard time doing a 5 bust finish bc they can do more than 10 easy. etc

19. Hippo2626
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 06:27:37

@RdHg I don't really know you're spinning level but what I can suggest is download spinning videos and watch them in slow motions to learn some new linkages @neo I agree that consistency is important in cont. tricks but a good number of cont' tricks to do is about 3 to 6 in a combo in my opinion. If a spinner would be able to do 10 of that trick, pulling of 3 to 6 wouldn't be that difficult to do. More than 10 is fine just don't prioritise the busting or the TAing once it's beyond 10 'cause it's easier to pull of the right number. If you wanna' practice on power tricking linkages than more than 10 would be advised. However,I would suggest never practicing beyond 30 'cause beyond that is just ridiculous.

20. Gr3gY
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 11:36:16

Hippo2626 wrote: However,I would suggest never practicing beyond 30 'cause beyond that is just ridiculous.
    well, true. unless u wanna set a new record or sth

21. Bam!
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 01:06:39

It seems that I can't do the neo bak, up to now, :facepalm:, many tricks like IPBA, :facepalm: It's like I'm a two year spinner, but I have the same combos when i was a 1 year and a half spinner.. :facepalm: Can anyone help me with some tricks like the neo bak? or the bak 1.5 things like that? I really hate myself

22. Skepter
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 01:17:00

Neobak is easy.....do the bak slowlyyyy and pass to 23....

23. Awesome
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 01:59:23

there is no simple thing except practice, thats all there is too it, watch Eso's tutorials if you are still getting confused at tricks.

24. Bam!
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 03:01:55

yeah, this summer (cuz our summer is from april to may) I started spinning extremely heavy pens.. and i don't seem to learn new tricks.. whenever I close my eyes while spinning, I mistake a Dr. CT for an anyball regular pen..

25. KTrinh93
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 19:24:15

Gr3gY wrote: any advice for linkages at fingers 3 & 4? cos i noticed my spinning is rather conc on the front few fingers
    same for me but i found a great linkage.. its in the beginning of spinnerpeems wt09 r4 video i think.. its pd tw sonic 34-23 > pass rev 23-34 > warped sonic rev 34-23 > tw sonic rev 23-34 > pass 34-23 > shadow 23-34.. i have a video of it in my mini combos video at 1:24 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjhwJhn-LfU

26. XYZaki
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 20:13:05

Step 1. Turn some music on. Step 2. Sit in a corner. Step 3. Practice with undivided attention to the specific trick for an hour. IF Improvement has arrived -> continue as time permits OR -> quit pen spinning. Step 4. Transfer money to my PayPal account because you just realized that I taught you how to do every pen spinning trick.

27. Frip
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 22:02:52

KTrinh93 wrote: same for me but i found a great linkage.. its in the beginning of spinnerpeems wt09 r4 video i think.. its pd tw sonic 34-23 > pass rev 23-34 > warped sonic rev 34-23 > tw sonic rev 23-34 > pass 34-23 > shadow 23-34.. i have a video of it in my mini combos video at 1:24 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjhwJhn-LfU
    Dude that's impossible if you can't do simple tricks in 34, because it requires so much dexterity. @Gr3gY start out with easy stuff... do a neobak or fl ta rev to 34 and then just do a sonic/demons sonic. Then you could start using pinkybak. Just with that you can do a lot in 34 and make the combo look balanced. and once your fingers feel good, learn ringaround.. that trick is so useful it'll be worth it. you can do ANYTHING with it 8)

28. KTrinh93
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 22:12:38

Frip wrote: Dude that's impossible if you can't do simple tricks in 34, because it requires so much dexterity.
    precisely why i said it was in peem's wt video ;) and this would just give anyone tricks to practice in that finger slot.. i know i had trouble doing twisted sonic 34-23 a lot because of my pinky but after a while i was able to double charge 34-34 and eventually that mini combo.. so its just a little guide to see what people could do to help with their pinky dexterity

29. RdHg
    Date: Tue, Jul 13 2010 15:29:01

are there any finger exercises to help with twisted sonic 34-23?

30. KTrinh93
    Date: Tue, Jul 13 2010 15:35:00

RdHg wrote: are there any finger exercises to help with twisted sonic 34-23?
    try making a fist.. then curl your pinky back so that its behind your other fingers.. then stick your pinky straight up, curl it back down and then stick it straight outward (away from your hand) this should get some muscles into your pinky.. ill try to make a video if this confuses you

31. i.suk
    Date: Tue, Jul 13 2010 15:44:14

RdHg wrote: are there any finger exercises to help with twisted sonic 34-23?
    you can also put your hand on the table (with palm, fingers flat) and practice lifting ring finger up off the table by itself. hold position for a few seconds, then lower ring finger. repeat raising/lowering until your ring finger gets tired. (this exercise is to develop ring finger independence, it also helps with tricks like ringbak etc that require raising ring finger)

32. KTrinh93
    Date: Tue, Jul 13 2010 16:42:26

Eriror says that he practices his finger stretches from this website: http://www.handhealth.com/

33. decharles47
    Date: Sun, Jul 25 2010 04:44:29

ive been spinning for a few months now and my hardest trick is a double bust the only problem is, my spinning SUCKS. i use combos but its very "un-smooth". i practice slow because i cant go fast and i find myself using the same moves over and over again because i cant get the pen to other fingers without making it look bad. am i just not cut out for pen spinning? oh and i use a comssa

34. Jamal
    Date: Sun, Jul 25 2010 05:02:51

practice. learn new tricks. practice. learn linkages. practice. kbye.

35. Awesome
    Date: Sun, Jul 25 2010 08:52:20

you've only been at it for a couple months, it probably takes most spinners 6 months-1 year to actually get the hang of combos so just stick with it

36. Vaan
    Date: Sun, Jul 25 2010 09:06:53

Getting smooth on pen spinning doesn't work in a month :lol:

37. {TH}Enzo
    Date: Sun, Jul 25 2010 16:02:04

How to link a Weis Neobak 12 > Midbak 1.5 ? O_o It's so hard.. I envy Korean Old-Schoolers because they do it on MX like nothing. Any tips on this linkage? :/ I hope I posted on the right thread. D:

38. KTrinh93
    Date: Sun, Jul 25 2010 16:38:59

{TH}Enzo wrote: Weis Neobak 12 > Midbak 1.5 ? O_o
    yeah that is a tough linkage.. obviously you should try to practice and master the two individual tricks.. then i suggest practicing neobak 12 > midbak.. its a tough linkage to learn but it will get the pen in the right spot on the back of your hand to get you ready for the midbak.. then once you master that motion and can do that pretty much everytime, just do the same thing except execute a midbak 1.5 instead of a regular midbak

39. {TH}Enzo
    Date: Mon, Jul 26 2010 12:01:19

Hmmm. I can linkt it to Midbak 1.5's .. but. It's like, I'm doing it, but I can't explain how to do it. You get my point?XD because, for example, before I teach a certain trick. For Example, before i teach a Korean BackAround to someone, I can explain how to do it. But in this case, I can link Weis Neobak > Midbak 1.5 cont. But I cannot explain how I do it!!XDD

40. MaSter_MiND_
    Date: Mon, Aug 9 2010 17:04:00

Hello I do Penspinning for 14 months now and I am not able to spin a combo even if the combo contains only fundamentals and I am using a KT. Does somebody have tipps? greets MM

41. KTrinh93
    Date: Mon, Aug 9 2010 17:51:04

MaSter_MiND_ wrote: Hello I do Penspinning for 14 months now and I am not able to spin a combo even if the combo contains only fundamentals and I am using a KT. Does somebody have tipps?
    what do you mean by you cant spin a combo? you cant make one up?

42. MaSter_MiND_
    Date: Mon, Aug 9 2010 20:45:11

By "I can't spin a combo" I mean, after I few tricks I drop the pen, but I mastered the tricks I am using.

43. Resonance
    Date: Mon, Aug 9 2010 20:59:57

work on the minicombos then? try separating the combo into pieces, practice those by themselves, then work on connecting them, until you can do the whole combo straight mastering tricks is one thing, learning how to link them is a whole different story.

44. hahakumquat
    Date: Sun, Aug 22 2010 21:11:37

Archermitch wrote: Continuous tricks are the result of pure practice and practice only. Basically, you have to learn how to do a double trick and from there on out it's pure rehearsal. Build up the double trick to a triple, then quadruple and so on. That's why continuous tricks are so impressive. There are no shortcuts or secrets. :/ Personally, I don't think they are that important because they appear spammy or repetitive in combos in my opinion
    In addition to Archermitch's comment, I have this simple repetition method for continuous tricks. Be warned. It's extremely boring and frustrating. Let's use twisted sonic busts as an example. You start off by doing [B]one[/B] tw. sonic bust x times. It could be any amount. (I usually do four in a cycle) After you do x amount of one twisted sonic bust, move on to two. Do x amount of two twisted sonic busts. If you mess up, start over. If you manage to get through x amount of two twisted sonic busts, move on to three and so on. I also prefer "adding lives" every time I move up a cycle. 1-1 gets one chance to fail. 1-2 gets two chances. 1-3 gets three. Otherwise it becomes irritating to do. :P I hope this progression method works.

45. Alvaris
    Date: Sat, Oct 16 2010 06:41:34

How do you spin more consistently without dropping even when doing certain "hard/insane/special move of yours" besides practising it hardcore?

46. MaSter_MiND_
    Date: Sat, Oct 16 2010 09:12:06

Either take a heavy pen (e.g. BusterCYL) or do penspinning when ever you're able to, even if it's just a few minutes. greets MM

47. Alvaris
    Date: Sat, Oct 16 2010 09:48:44

Lol im using my own personal mod which is pretty medium-heavy weighted..i favour it much more than any other mods i've spun in my life even the buster cyl lol so..meh im guessing the only way to do it is by practising it from time to time or something? =/

48. GigaByte
    Date: Tue, Oct 26 2010 06:01:57

after 2 month spinning .. i try to make some combos .. but my combos always failed because i cant spin when the pen in my 3 and 4 fingers .. so .. any suggestions or helps ..

49. Colin
    Date: Tue, Oct 26 2010 23:15:54

MaSter_MiND_ wrote: Either take a heavy pen (e.g. BusterCYL) or do penspinning when ever you're able to, even if it's just a few minutes. greets MM
    Dont do this. This will fuck up your spinning, and make you reliant on your Buster. Learn to spin with stock pens (e.g. RSVPs, Dr.Grips, HGG's, and so on). These will help you use modded pens even better.

50. AwonW
    Date: Tue, Oct 26 2010 23:17:23

GigaByte wrote: after 2 month spinning .. i try to make some combos .. but my combos always failed because i cant spin when the pen in my 3 and 4 fingers .. so .. any suggestions or helps ..
    Practice fingerpass normal and reverse, then learn how to do all the tricks you know from fingers 3 and 4. It's all about practice.

51. GigaByte
    Date: Wed, Oct 27 2010 02:14:44

thanks for the tips .. it is very useful .. ill will practice that ..

52. pwnAge
    Date: Wed, Oct 27 2010 03:41:30

How do I do twisted sonic bust better. I can get the twists sonic part but I get confused at the fl ia. Do I have to turn my hand sideways make a circular motion with my index finger. I get it some times but I'm not consistent.

53. k-ryder
    Date: Fri, Oct 29 2010 07:26:45

pwnAge wrote: How do I do twisted sonic bust better. I can get the twists sonic part but I get confused at the fl ia. Do I have to turn my hand sideways make a circular motion with my index finger. I get it some times but I'm not consistent.
    there is a thread on twisted sonic bust on this forum (i think) i to mine palm down, with most of the pen to the fist side (what do you call that side?) anyway, try do a tw sonic from that position, stop, then do the IA once you get the catch, try connecting the tw sonic and IA, even if you can't catch it, work on smoothing that up then work on the catch first two steps wont take that long, catching might be difficult

54. smudgey
    Date: Thu, Nov 18 2010 09:15:51

I don't know why but I can't link an flta rev to a bak1. help pls! :)

55. k-ryder
    Date: Thu, Nov 18 2010 09:24:21

just practice getting fl ta into the 12 slot, pause, then to a bak once you get that, try to shorten the pause until you get it smoothe

56. Paype121
    Date: Sun, Nov 21 2010 02:24:22

i can perform decent linkages and tricks, but my fingers look crap doing them, they seem to contort and move randomly and very ungracefully... how do i become a more graceful spinner? -_-

57. AoD1
    Date: Sun, Nov 21 2010 02:27:57

try moving your hands while you spin gives it more of a style

58. Paype121
    Date: Sun, Nov 21 2010 02:28:45

AoD1 wrote: try moving your hands while you spin gives it more of a style
    i think i move my hand too much as well.

59. AoD1
    Date: Sun, Nov 21 2010 02:30:42

well send a link of your spinning so i have an idea eh?

60. Paype121
    Date: Sun, Nov 21 2010 02:32:40

AoD1 wrote: well send a link of your spinning so i have an idea eh?
    hold on, ill edit it into this post once i film something Expect bad cam. ok, admittedly not the most creative freestyles, but you see what I mean

61. WhatsOfTheUp1
    Date: Sun, Nov 21 2010 02:33:32

Do you have a video of your spinning? Cause if it's as bad as you say it is, then join the club =D! My spinning looks like crap, too.

62. Paype121
    Date: Sun, Nov 21 2010 02:55:39

WhatsOfTheUp1 wrote: Do you have a video of your spinning? Cause if it's as bad as you say it is, then join the club =D! My spinning looks like crap, too.
    post above urs ^

63. WhatsOfTheUp1
    Date: Sun, Nov 21 2010 02:58:40

How long have you been spinning for? And about your spinning, it looks good to me. Just take a look at my combos to remind yourself how good you are, cause mine SUCK DA FAT AZZ, SON.

64. Paype121
    Date: Sun, Nov 21 2010 03:02:15

WhatsOfTheUp1 wrote: How long have you been spinning for? And about your spinning, it looks good to me. Just take a look at my combos to remind yourself how good you are, cause mine SUCK DA FAT AZZ, SON.
    about a year, but to me it looks like crap, i have seen people spin very simple combos.. of nothing but pass/rev passes and sonics and look very graceful doing it, but me.. i cant make it look good and where ur vids lol

65. WhatsOfTheUp1
    Date: Sun, Nov 21 2010 03:06:44

Paype121 wrote: about a year, but to me it looks like crap, i have seen people spin very simple combos.. of nothing but pass/rev passes and sonics and look very graceful doing it, but me.. i cant make it look good and where ur vids lol
    Lol, i just posted a vid in show off your combos, but be warned, it sucks. I've only been spinning for 2 months though xD. Anyways, your spinning doesn't look bad at all. I've watched dozens upon dozens of pen spinning videos, and ive seen lots of good spinners. Your spinning resembles a lot of spinners ive seen in my time (which is good, BTW). But, what do i know, I'm still a newbie. You'd should get advice from a more advanced spinner.

66. Paype121
    Date: Sun, Nov 21 2010 03:09:50

WhatsOfTheUp1 wrote: Lol, i just posted a vid in show off your combos, but be warned, it sucks. I've only been spinning for 2 months though xD. Anyways, your spinning doesn't look bad at all. I've watched dozens upon dozens of pen spinning videos, and ive seen lots of good spinners. Your spinning resembles a lot of spinners ive seen in my time (which is good, BTW). But, what do i know, I'm still a newbie. You'd should get advice from a more advanced spinner.
    better than i was at 2 months.. but theres a big diff between 2 months and over 12 months so i guess i cant really make a comparison AoD1 where r uuuuu D:

67. WhatsOfTheUp1
    Date: Sun, Nov 21 2010 03:13:56

Paype121 wrote: better than i was at 2 months.. but theres a big diff between 2 months and over 12 months so i guess i cant really make a comparison AoD1 where r uuuuu D:
    Ehh... yeah I realized that you cant really compare newbie to non-newbie AFTER i posted xD. Anyways, I should really stop trying to give advice to a person who's been spinning longer than me. Yup, so yeah, you spin nice. It's probably just you who thinks it looks bad, cause to me, you have a good looking style; very smooth and i like how your fingers look like they're doing the wave at times =D. AoD1 where r uuuuu D:

68. iColor
    Date: Sun, Nov 21 2010 04:31:00

Try to spin slower. If you spin too fast, it will look "clunky".

69. Rapid
    Date: Sun, Nov 21 2010 04:33:32

try relaxing ur hands...it looks stiff to me... :)

70. Paype121
    Date: Sun, Nov 21 2010 04:36:04

RenzIsPSing wrote: try relaxing ur hands...it looks stiff to me... :)
    Actually i think you have something there... i will try relaxing my fingers more! however, my angle and arm position kind of forces me into it in that vid :(

71. Van
    Date: Tue, Dec 14 2010 00:43:22

I need help with devils sonic bust... When I transfer from shadow to FL index around, my pen goes flying... Any advises?? (Besides Practice!!)

72. WhatsOfTheUp1
    Date: Tue, Dec 14 2010 01:06:24

Practice

73. Van
    Date: Tue, Dec 14 2010 01:25:51

Any advise specifically for the transfer from the shadow to the bust??

74. Jamal
    Date: Tue, Dec 14 2010 01:32:33

learn to multiple bust first, the motion is easy if you know the multiple bust motion

75. WhatsOfTheUp1
    Date: Tue, Dec 14 2010 01:49:33

@Van OH SHEET. I read wrong. I thought you said twisted sonic to shadow. Sorry.

76. casual
    Date: Tue, Dec 14 2010 02:00:02

Honestly, practice. But it helps to know ext ta bust first, because the bust angle for these two tricks are very similar.

77. KTrinh93
    Date: Tue, Dec 14 2010 02:01:56

practicing shadow bust is the best way to execute this trick smoothly..

78. Escorpio123
    Date: Tue, Dec 14 2010 02:29:09

When you are finishing the devil's sonic, u should not have it as finishing position, instead, more to the bottom of the pen so you can perform the bust easily.

79. Soren
    Date: Wed, Dec 15 2010 17:10:12

any tips on making combos/linkages (is there really any difference from them two?) smoother?

80. kramr
    Date: Sat, Jan 8 2011 19:28:30

i want to get better at tricks that include fingers 4 and 3. any tips? or smoother i should say..

81. Awesome
    Date: Sat, Jan 8 2011 19:41:19

you need to build up your dexterity in those fingers in that case you should try some mini combos that revolve around there try inv sonic 34-23>pass rev 23-34>ring around 34-34, once you get that down come up with variations on it

82. kramr
    Date: Sat, Jan 8 2011 19:47:28

im getting a kt too. whitch one do u have?

83. Quake
    Date: Mon, Jan 10 2011 04:49:53

hey guys so basically ive been practicing the fake double for awhile now. i get it everynow and then. but is there a specific time to turn your palm down? that way u always catch it? or is it just alot of practice?:teach:

84. Riley
    Date: Mon, Jan 10 2011 04:55:53

Watch slo-mos and try to copy them. As for me, (my favorite trick, x100 :D) I tend to turn my hand right when the pen goes past my thumb. Good luck!

85. WhatsOfTheUp1
    Date: Mon, Jan 10 2011 14:53:58

Yeah, what Riley said. Turn your palm down right about the time when the TA is over, then it should go around the index.

86. gyrobius
    Date: Thu, Jan 13 2011 03:59:45

I can't do any any tricks (other than the shadow) palm down. I heard the the twisted sonic bust if supposed to be palm down. I can do the trick, but palm sideways. Am I doing it right?

87. linli07
    Date: Fri, Jan 14 2011 23:22:32

how comewhn i do combos i the middle the tricks repeat over and over what should i do?

88. Advecticity
    Date: Sat, Jan 15 2011 00:34:46

It's normal to have a tendency to do the tricks you are the most confortable with - I'm assuming that's what's happening? I suggest practicing combining 2-3 tricks together and practice that linkage until you are very confortable with it to build your inventory. Or try to figure alternatives followings to the tricks you find yourself repeating.

89. iBlameLag
    Date: Mon, Jan 24 2011 05:14:37

I've been PSing for about 5 months now, and I have a TON of trouble getting other tricks into combos and stuffs, so can you give me some advice on smoothing things out? Tricks trying to smooth in: Tipped Sonic Backaround(s) Etc. I'll upload a video later, showing my current penspinning. If this is in the wrong thread, then sorry. :(

90. Awesome
    Date: Mon, Jan 24 2011 05:21:27

lack smoothnes can come from lack of technical proficiency in the tricks you are trying to link, in this case you just need to practice more, or it can come from poor linkages/combo design. certain tricks go together easier then others, like ta rev>bak is easy to get smooth compared to ta>bak which requires a direction change pretty much. Tipped sonics usually break up smoothness of flow in a combo, i would recommend against using them until later and know when they can be used to effect, which doesn't happen to often. Either you have to practice more or think more or look at other spinners and try to do what they are doing until you get a grasp of what tricks can go together.

91. iBlameLag
    Date: Mon, Jan 24 2011 05:26:21

Thanks Awesome. Grreaeattt advice. I don't even know why you didn't give me any helpful advice, you motherfuc- Nah, jk. Ty! P.S. All of my motivation to keep penspinning is watching Baaron vids...so I'm guessing not the best type of vids?

92. Awesome
    Date: Mon, Jan 24 2011 05:31:03

you want to watch and imitate, you might have a hard time doing that with Baaron. just watch any old video of a semi-decent spinner and imitate that, if you could post a video of your spinning i could give more specific advice even :P

93. Im-still-here
    Date: Sun, Feb 6 2011 00:43:17

[B]Practice, practice, practice[/B], enough said.

94. Soren
    Date: Tue, May 17 2011 10:10:59

how to get smoother at combos/linkages?

95. spinner_sozkupe
    Date: Sun, Jun 26 2011 09:33:46

how to make it easier to power trick :spin:

96. spinner_sozkupe
    Date: Sun, Jun 26 2011 09:37:13

hard to make air power trick

97. thebloodgod
    Date: Sun, Jun 26 2011 10:27:44

theres actually no way,it depends on u,power tricks require responsive hands ,make sure ur hands are responsive enough to react to the pen :)

98. Starryz97
    Date: Sun, Jul 3 2011 11:13:14

i cant do inverse warped sonic but i can do finger pass smoothly more specify to say it, i need to get my palm up/side to do the pass/finger pass 12-23 (the version of pass at outside/back side of the hand) instead of palm down =.= any tips?becoz nid to get it to palm up/side and get back to palm down is something very irriating(typo)=.= and not so good in looking

99. Soren
    Date: Sun, Jul 3 2011 16:17:49

how to better at hai tua?

100. Mageta
    Date: Sun, Jul 3 2011 22:21:31

Middle bak is giving me trouble, I move my hand back to start the motion my index finger drops but my ring finger grabs it and keeps it from launching.

101. Bleevlee
    Date: Sun, Jul 3 2011 23:19:04

@Mageta Put the pen in 123, in midbak position. Turn your hand palmup. Twist your hand to palmdown with a quick motion, keep your index and ring fingers still, pen should go around. Catching is selfexplanatory.

102. lolful
    Date: Sat, Jul 23 2011 08:59:27

Lol, Can someone help me how to be smoother in combos? Cuz My friend keep saying me noob and not smooth , ( NO SMOOTHNESS AT ALL)

103. Awesome
    Date: Sat, Jul 23 2011 18:49:17

lolful wrote: Lol, Can someone help me how to be smoother in combos? Cuz My friend keep saying me noob and not smooth , ( NO SMOOTHNESS AT ALL)
    Smoothness is mostly about experience. Just keep on spinning and you'll develop smoothness eventually. focus on stuff like finger pass, and twisted sonics then make sure your other tricks are consistent. Smooth passes + consistency + variety = good spinning.

104. lolful
    Date: Sun, Jul 24 2011 02:20:49

Awesome wrote: Smoothness is mostly about experience. Just keep on spinning and you'll develop smoothness eventually. focus on stuff like finger pass, and twisted sonics then make sure your other tricks are consistent. Smooth passes + consistency + variety = good spinning.
    So is this good spinning? IM nearly 4 months >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPSWKSKeRqc it's unlisted, cuz it's for a colllab

105. Mageta
    Date: Sun, Aug 28 2011 04:08:40

lolful wrote: So is this good spinning? IM nearly 4 months >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPSWKSKeRqc it's unlisted, cuz it's for a colllab
    I don't know about other people but that seems pretty good for 4 months, I tend to practice at a really slow pace so I don't progress as fast as others, that's much better than anything i can do after almost a year >_>.