UPSB v4

Off-topic / NEED help, Srs Bsns

1. poisoned
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 01:53:52

So, there are these three genius 6th grade kids or move up to my 9th grade geometry class. They won this big science competition and got interviewed with fox news. My bud (yea he's short lol) and I sat in the back and watched, little did we know we were on camera the whole time, penspinning of course. So if I can't find out a way to get me and him off of the video clip I'm threatened with expulsion, no joke. So if there are any of you tech/video editing pros out there if you could try to work at it or tell me how to work on it, it would be greatly appreciated [video=youtube;L8cbYE8Vqy0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8cbYE8Vqy0[/video]

2. medacyber
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 02:02:42

Their posers lol jk jk but hey you guys are good spinners lol sorry i cant help ya though sorry and i hope you dont get expolted but why would they expoled you because of PSing thats so stupid

3. poisoned
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 02:08:28

Because my school likes bragging to other schools. They were planning on some major bragging rights but now they can't because of "us." The parents of the kids wanted to brag to other schools too, and their opinion matters because the parents of all three of the kids have donated over a million to the school.

4. Colin
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 02:11:39

Youre threatened with EXPLUSION? WHAT SHIT IS THAT? Honestly, I cant help you. BUT. In Shomoyo's or whatever, Obama Sings Replay, they isolate Obama moving, and added themselves in there. The rest were paused. Im pretty sure you can just add a layer over the video, with you and your buddy just sitting there. Yeah itl look wierd, but thats i got at the moment. Im really sorry to hear that. Also, I recieved your money today

5. poisoned
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 02:20:32

Yea, it's total bs, but donors of that level get whatever they want. Yea, I think I'm going to try some type overlay, definitely seems like the easiest way, thanks. As long as they can show this to other schools I'm fine.

6. Colin
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 02:25:53

is what im referring to. look at the background 15-18

7. AoD1
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 02:38:01

LoL your getting expolsion for pen spinning..... that is the biggest LOLS i have ever heard.

8. exclusive
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 02:54:39

what was so funny that made u smile at 3:04?

9. tylt
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 02:59:28

Poisened I'm almost positive that what the school is trying to do to you is illegal. I think that you should get a lawyer and sue their asses into the ground. Edit: Wait do you go to a charter school, cuz if you do then you're pretty much fucked.

10. Apho
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 03:01:33

is there a reason why the teacher (whoever took that cup on the desk im assuming) didnt signal you guys to stop ?

11. Zombo
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 03:03:13

LOLOLOLOLOL nice trolling :trollface: im sorry but this is too funny... cant the fox guys edit it?

12. Wind
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 03:08:08

This is stupid.

13. Kirby
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 03:18:23

They want to expell you for doing something awesome while 3 six grade fucks came into your classroom and invented some football helmet shit, that no one in the real world is going to use. Sorry if I am uninformed. Too lazy to watch past the first 2 mins.

14. XYZaki
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 04:19:53

Zombo wrote: cant the fox guys edit it?
    You can very easily mask them out in AE, I think you'd need to do some motion tracking too. I forgot most of the stuff I knew how to do in AE, you'll have to ask taichi1082. Though its a lot easier to tell you that your parents are your most powerful weapon. Schools are scared shitless of the students' parents. Though, you go to a private school so I'm not sure. But if bragging rights is worth expelling a student, why don't they expel one of those three kids for saying "um" a good several times. It makes kids from the school look unprepared and slow to process their thoughts, doesn't it? Why don't they expel you for your long, shabby looking hair; it makes you look unkempt, obviously not good for the school's reputation now is it? Pretty pathetic school staff. But if this really gets serious and taichi can't help, PM me and I'll do it.

15. Zombo
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 04:21:22

yea its pretty stupid, its not your fault you didn't know anything

16. Frip
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 04:39:41

:rofl: this is hilarious and the "invention" isn't even that great... of course gel is better. but it's also 234567876543 more expensive

17. Colin
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 05:49:28

I agree with tylt. Im pretty sure what theyre doing is pretty illegal. Also, I say that you show this thread to the teacher or whoever is incharge. seriously.

18. SJ
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 05:56:21

the kid on the right sounds like a smoker or somethin LOL

19. Twine
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 06:10:22

lmao poisoned. The one time you get to spin on TV (even though it wasn't purposeful) and you have to use your left hand xD btw, who's the other guy?

20. Vassenato
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 06:14:51

Tell your school to fuck off, they have absolutely no jurisdiction of what you are doing on the internet.

21. Rarity
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 10:01:36

link wasn't working... anyway, like what XYZaki said, parents > school.

22. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 11:01:49

jeez your school and the parents of those kids are fucked up. seriously this is stupid, cant the fox guys do it? i mean they are a TV channel they ought to have the knowledge to do so. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PENSPINNING IN THE BACKGROUND? its just like normal unavoidable disturbances on TV. i agree with Zaki. without parents, ur school can be shut down anytime. I got a a teacher fired before thanks to my parents, with a valid reason that she were always picking on me in primary school. sorry but this is one of the most ridiculous things i've heard this year

23. chris
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 12:29:17

Looks like those kids only want themselves on TV. Too much of a braggart. :/ gawd, can't fox news even do it? Don't tell me they don't have a video editor in their crew? Parents > school!

24. poisoned
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 15:12:35

Well, I wasn't able to have a video done unfortunately. Today I'm have another meeting with them taking an apologetic stance, because even if parents>school, the other parents have donated a couple hundred thousand dollars to the school each year and I'm on financial aid, so their parents>my parents. I will bring up the editing video idea with them as a work in progress, and update this thread on what happens.

25. chris
    Date: Wed, Dec 8 2010 01:12:02

gee, those who have the money get the privileges. :/

26. Mats
    Date: Wed, Dec 8 2010 01:20:36

chrisPS wrote: gee, those who have the money get the privileges. :/
    Well done, you just worked out how capitalism works. :clap:

27. exclusive
    Date: Wed, Dec 8 2010 01:28:50

whos the other guy beside u? at 1:36 i see another hand to the left

28. Nachoaddict
    Date: Wed, Dec 8 2010 01:50:08

This is complete bs. Okay even though you were spinning, through NO FAULT of yours were you put into the video. You were in class where you were supposed to be. And guys, this is not Fox news' issue here. It's between poisoned and these gay ass parents that are beating down on him. Are they really going to have you expelled from a school just because they want to brag to other people about these kids and they have the "behind the scenes" influences to do so through money? I don't see why they don't use the fucking money to just go ahead and HIRE a god damn person to do it for them. Are they that retarded? EDIT: I mean this is insane. If it happens, I think you should just get a lawyer and sue their asses to the ground like Tylt said. +1 tylt

29. AoD1
    Date: Wed, Dec 8 2010 02:09:28

:minche: :lol:

30. davidguy
    Date: Wed, Dec 8 2010 02:35:32

how exactly is penspinning in the background bad enough for expulsion? or practically bad at all

31. davidguy
    Date: Wed, Dec 8 2010 02:39:36

and why in the hell did they even put you guys behind them?

32. taichi1082
    Date: Wed, Dec 8 2010 14:00:48

Like this? So yeah, here is a how to: http://hotfile.com/dl/88018916/9fe6392/VideoTut.mp4.html (Raw footage 8) , DDL, no waiting etc) Sorry, I would have done this myself but I can't right now. I hope the tutorial is ok. I hope someone else has the time, depending on how urgent this really is... Another thing: Why do you have to remove this now? Isn't the video already on youtube now? On what channel? Can you edit the video and reupload it or what? I doubt that this is going to change anything. But then again, I'm not the one in danger right now 8) I hope you don't get expelled for a joke like that lol.

33. asdfcrow
    Date: Wed, Dec 8 2010 14:53:18

Expulsion? wtf is their reason?

34. poisoned
    Date: Wed, Dec 8 2010 15:01:57

taichi1082 wrote: http://i56.tinypic.com/2vbu5v5.jpg Like this? So yeah, here is a how to: http://hotfile.com/dl/88018916/9fe6392/VideoTut.mp4.html (Raw footage 8) , DDL, no waiting etc) Sorry, I would have done this myself but I can't right now. I hope the tutorial is ok. I hope someone else has the time, depending on how urgent this really is... Another thing: Why do you have to remove this now? Isn't the video already on youtube now? On what channel? Can you edit the video and reupload it or what? I doubt that this is going to change anything. But then again, I'm not the one in danger right now 8) I hope you don't get expelled for a joke like that lol.
    It would be great if I could replace the file on fox news, but they mainly want to have a file they can email to other schools.

35. XYZaki
    Date: Thu, Dec 9 2010 04:50:26

Alright I'm working on it. Totally forgot where to even find keyframes -_- Also, I'm blurring out all the people in the back so you can just pass it off as a privacy issue. Jsyk it won't be done today. EDIT: I loooooove taichi's accent :wub:

36. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Dec 9 2010 05:45:16

replace all their faces with :trollface:

37. strat1227
    Date: Thu, Dec 9 2010 05:47:53

lol it's the dumbass cameraman's fault silly fox news

38. shoeman6
    Date: Thu, Dec 9 2010 06:44:51

Gave my 2cents :] Unfortunately these three bright children are a bit late. Not to be to blunt, but their conclusions seems way to obvious.There are much better helmet designs and systems to protect trauma but it all comes down to cost.. They act like it's such a big deal but there are already much better helmet designs. out there. Sure they're in 6th grade, but this seems like an overblown kiddy experiment such as seeing what the best insulator is... an insult to a child's intelligence really. __________ Also, to you all criticizing the two pen spinners in the back behind the three speaking, the creativity and out of box thinking most pen spinners gain as they continue dedicated practice is something you must not find worthwhile. Even if you don't value these aspects of ones character I'm sure any advanced pen a spinner has created, or an advanced spinners in depth knowledge of the mechanical workings of a pen, teach engineering skills which far outweigh having to tie a string to a helmet. (posted on youtube) I'm not going to make judgement on the children themselves but understanding your situation, this is just ridiculous... If they really expel you... wow i'm sorry. supreme court case? =D. I'm not sure how it applies to private schools but I'm pretty sure it's illegal (probably not though..) :\ no offence but it's not like it's the best interview anyways, and someone could have told you guys to stop or something. (honestly that interview is not something i'd want to be bragging about anyways...)

39. poisoned
    Date: Thu, Dec 9 2010 06:50:16

XYZaki wrote: Alright I'm working on it. Totally forgot where to even find keyframes -_- Also, I'm blurring out all the people in the back so you can just pass it off as a privacy issue. Jsyk it won't be done today. EDIT: I loooooove taichi's accent :wub:
    Biiig thank you for spending your time helping me out. I went in today kissing ass being extremely apologetic, and I talked about editing the video, wrote apology letter etc. From what it seems like they can't expel me for this whether they like to or not, and with my apology they have come to some rationality. It looks like still to please the parents I will be given an unrecorded suspension. They are happy about the video being edited, and I definitely owe you for this. Now with the urgency down quite a bit you could take your time on finishing it. I know this is probably seems like a pretty boring ending for as big as this turned into, but it's the best ending. Didn't mean to make such a big deal/troll here either, I had just made this thread because I was fcking scared and was looking for some help. Its nice to be in a community that actually gives a crap about other members, so thanks for everyone who helped out.

40. shoeman6
    Date: Thu, Dec 9 2010 06:55:01

The anchors little bantering after the interview actually made me lol... It's almost satirical, like if I saw that out of context I would almost think they were being sarcastic.

41. AoD1
    Date: Thu, Dec 9 2010 06:55:56

so i take it i you dont want me calling your school?

42. poisoned
    Date: Thu, Dec 9 2010 06:59:49

Yea, probably not, but if it went the other way I would saw go ahead.

43. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Thu, Dec 9 2010 07:01:01

i hope it goes right now.... its all the cameraman's fault, seriously. if he wont be that stupid to include you guys into the video, then there wouldnt be such trouble

44. Twine
    Date: Thu, Dec 9 2010 07:34:55

Wow UPSB, I am impressed :) Hay poisoned glad it worked out for you!

45. Nachoaddict
    Date: Thu, Dec 9 2010 07:52:31

damn I wanted to see you on Fox news again only suing their asses amd penspinning at the same time

46. Resonance
    Date: Thu, Dec 9 2010 13:28:01

Am I the only one not seeing how you penspinning in the background can prevent them from showing the video to other schools? I can't see the vid though... "Blocked from my country" :\

47. AwonW
    Date: Fri, Dec 10 2010 00:56:36

poisoned wrote: Biiig thank you for spending your time helping me out. I went in today kissing ass being extremely apologetic, and I talked about editing the video, wrote apology letter etc. From what it seems like they can't expel me for this whether they like to or not, and with my apology they have come to some rationality. It looks like still to please the parents I will be given an unrecorded suspension. They are happy about the video being edited, and I definitely owe you for this. Now with the urgency down quite a bit you could take your time on finishing it. I know this is probably seems like a pretty boring ending for as big as this turned into, but it's the best ending. Didn't mean to make such a big deal/troll here either, I had just made this thread because I was fcking scared and was looking for some help. Its nice to be in a community that actually gives a crap about other members, so thanks for everyone who helped out.
    I'm disappointed. Kiss less ass in the future.

48. walrus
    Date: Fri, Dec 10 2010 01:07:47

your the blond guy or the one with brown hair?

49. nateiskewl
    Date: Sat, Dec 11 2010 01:09:30

I want to punch these kids in the face. I hate using this word, but that was great trolling, poisoned.

50. SuiXidaL
    Date: Sat, Dec 11 2010 01:14:17

VIDEO ISN'T AVAILABLE IN YOUR COUNTRY. ffs.