UPSB v4

Regular Pen Discussion / Airfit Grips on Buster CYL are turning purplish/pink?

1. Sam
    Date: Mon, Dec 6 2010 05:18:54

Anyways on how to clean them? I soaked them in water, but didn't work. I replaced them w/ new airfit grips, but I think I see them turning kind of purple/pink again O__O. Does anybody have the same problem as me? Any ways on how to prevent them? PICTURE: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=e5sem9&s=7

2. Twine
    Date: Mon, Dec 6 2010 05:27:16

woah .___. weird. Same thing happened with a dr grip piece once. I had it overlapping a magenta anyball and the grip progressively turned pink :p

3. hahakumquat
    Date: Mon, Dec 6 2010 05:46:25

this happens to clear grips over time cuz of like...oil on your hands..and oxidation...and stuff. <_< nothing you can do about it. just pretend it adds flair to your mod :D

4. Sam
    Date: Mon, Dec 6 2010 05:50:29

Thanks! Thought i was the only one w/ this problem :D

5. V-Storm
    Date: Mon, Dec 6 2010 05:52:28

do you put them in ANYTHING red? Such as dropping, putting in pocket, etc. That happened to me once. so I stretched the grip, put silicone spray on it, left them a while (still stretched), then cleaned it off using bleach. I don't recommend this method at all tho, nonetheless, but since you are going to throw them away (well, I don't know what you are going to do with them), then you should try it out. Alt method is to leave it in a cup of bleach, or water overnight.

6. Sam
    Date: Mon, Dec 6 2010 06:23:33

Ok thanks @v-storm. I put them in a cup of bleach.

7. J A Z Z
    Date: Mon, Dec 6 2010 07:44:04

Eww....my fingers hurt after that!

8. adik
    Date: Mon, Dec 6 2010 09:27:40

you must have good hands :)

9. asdfcrow
    Date: Mon, Dec 6 2010 13:52:21

personally this problem never really bothered me, it doesn't get to the point where you can see it while spinning. it's going to happen to most clear grips anyway, so just go along with it, I say

10. KTrinh93
    Date: Mon, Dec 6 2010 21:49:01

My airfits started turning a yellow/grey color just from dropping it and throwing it around everywhere. I deliberately rinsed them thoroughly with warm water (by deliberately I mean I made sure water ran through all of the holes in the grip) and then after that I put some dish soap and warm water in a cup and threw the grips in there and swirled them around for a little, let them sit for a long time (while I was doing hours of homework) and then took them out and they were pretty clean :)

11. rohang
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 20:32:25

that is weird my airfits never turn pink although they are dirty must wash.........

12. Remorse
    Date: Tue, Dec 21 2010 19:41:04

Yeah, one of mine have turned pink~ xD

13. Light
    Date: Tue, Dec 21 2010 20:20:09

solution to dirty airfit grips: really hot water and soap, i did em this morning and they are good as new^^

14. Shadowbane
    Date: Tue, Dec 21 2010 21:00:21

@Light lol i put rsvp caps (for vicgotgame mod) in extremely hot water and covered it after 1 hour it was melted for the airfit grips, i suggest just buy new ones since penwish sells them for $1. Same with Dr Grips, when they get dirty, just buy new ones for $2.50 :)

15. Light
    Date: Tue, Dec 21 2010 21:31:14

Shadowbane wrote: @Light lol i put rsvp caps (for vicgotgame mod) in extremely hot water and covered it after 1 hour it was melted for the airfit grips, i suggest just buy new ones since penwish sells them for $1. Same with Dr Grips, when they get dirty, just buy new ones for $2.50 :)
    LOLOL that sucks, i cant believe it melted :P As for the airfit grips, yeah i cant really order em ever time they get dirty, perhaps if PW gave CDN buyers an option of free shipping after 30 dollar or whatever, then i could buy in bulk, as of now though, I'd prolly have to wait a long time until my buddies make one large PW order so we split the shipping costs. For now I wash and re-use my airfit grips :D

16. scout
    Date: Wed, Dec 22 2010 07:38:34

Pictua of wefewence pweese? Seriously, I don't know how to help if I don't know what's goin on.