UPSB v4

Pen Modifications / Time Lapse Modding Thread

1. +Guitrum+
    Date: Mon, Nov 29 2010 03:10:33

Check it out, I have an idea for a "series" or "segment" I would like to do: Baaron DC Mod: Guitrum RSVP Mod: keep in mind that if people like this, i will do it for multiple mods, this isnt JUST for the baaron dc mod, its just a mod i had the parts for I can answer all questions in this thread as well.

2. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Nov 29 2010 03:26:46

uhh so whats a time lapse anyway? it looks like this is fast-forwarded

3. +Guitrum+
    Date: Mon, Nov 29 2010 03:29:38

its the opposite of slow motion where in slow motion it is filmed at a high fps so when played normally, it is slow, so in time lapse filming, its filmed at a low fps, so when played normally, its really fast.

4. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Nov 29 2010 03:41:41

ok yeah its cool i guess, dunno how informative it is, but i dont think you're trying to.

5. blahblahting
    Date: Mon, Nov 29 2010 03:42:19

is it supposed to be a tutorial? or just showing you modding different pens?

6. +Guitrum+
    Date: Mon, Nov 29 2010 03:43:21

being the modder i am, i thought it would be cool to have the entire process of modding a pen put under a timelapse :/ maybe someone else will too haha

7. AwonW
    Date: Mon, Nov 29 2010 03:48:41

It's way too fast to be useful.

8. shoeman6
    Date: Mon, Nov 29 2010 03:50:04

What camera is it? and <3 the idea. :] Maybe not just a mod but like modding 50 bictories, or 50 rsvp mx's lol... :]

9. Nachoaddict
    Date: Mon, Nov 29 2010 03:52:20

Actually I disagree AwonW. First off you can always download the vid and manually slow it down. And second, even without doing this I could pause at certain parts and figure some of the stuff out. Of course this might be harder when you get into more difficult mods and it's not very useful for modding beginners but nevertheless I think Guitrum should still make more of these.

10. k-ryder
    Date: Mon, Nov 29 2010 03:53:53

i like this, except maybe make it more artistic, seeing as its not really aimed to be informative, therefore should have some other appeal and maybe drop down the fps a tiny bit if you can, its a bit too fast to follow if you can't drop the fps, mod a bit slower XD

11. +Guitrum+
    Date: Mon, Nov 29 2010 03:53:55

@awon - not supposed to be useful. @shoe - jvc everio gz-ms230

12. Colin
    Date: Mon, Nov 29 2010 04:02:03

Holy fuck you sound different .___. Also, this mod is made incorrectly. So, its all good. There's certain aspects in which he's got it, but come on. Just..yeah, just let it go. Yeah I know Guit knows how to make the real thing. Doesnt matter, so do I. Even if you slow it down, the FPS isnt that great, so the slowing-down'll be too choppy

13. AwonW
    Date: Mon, Nov 29 2010 04:04:35

Nachoaddict;38147]Actually I disagree AwonW. First off you can always download the vid and manually slow it down. And second, even without doing this I could pause at certain parts and figure some of the stuff out. Of course this might be harder when you get into more difficult mods and it's not very useful for modding beginners but nevertheless I think Guitrum should still make more of these.[/QUOTE] Slowing it down a bit would reduce the need for pausing and manually slowing it down. Also, if the video is too long a bit slower the simpler parts can be faster than the more intricate ones. [QUOTE=+Guitrum+ wrote: @awon - not supposed to be useful.
    Then why? Do you really think that someone's going to want to watch a sped up video of you modding for their own entertainment? I skipped the talking parts btw.

14. Twine
    Date: Mon, Nov 29 2010 04:07:52

FFFFUUUUUUU- STOP FRIKEN DOING THAT CLIP CHANGE WHEN YOU TALK. Fucking driving me crazy. Otherwise, this seems a bit stupid. Donate parts? lololol

15. +Guitrum+
    Date: Mon, Nov 29 2010 04:11:42

awon, we all know that you kiss up to baaron, but realize that just because i picked his mod to use for this video doenst mean i want to expose it. i had all the parts and i wanted to try making a mod under a time lapse. colin, i know i made it wrong, especially the middle. i did not use vinly tape because I HATE VINYL TAPE. theres a reason why i didnt have a materials list or a numbered set of directions.

16. AwonW
    Date: Mon, Nov 29 2010 04:15:04

+Guitrum+ wrote: awon, we all know that you kiss up to baaron, but realize that just because i picked his mod to use for this video doenst mean i want to expose it. i had all the parts and i wanted to try making a mod under a time lapse.
    That actually has nothing to do with why I don't think this is a great idea but if you want to believe that I won't mind all that much.

17. scout
    Date: Mon, Nov 29 2010 04:53:47

I don't think it's that bad, somehow I got the tutorial in my brain perfect, step by step, without having to slow-mo it :P. Can you make a tut on the mx retractable? I really have trouble understanding that.

18. +Guitrum+
    Date: Mon, Nov 29 2010 04:54:28

on my mod? i already have a tut on that keep in mind these videos arent tutorials

19. scout
    Date: Mon, Nov 29 2010 04:57:28

Really? Lol, I thought they were. If they're not tuts, what are they for? I was asking because I didn't understand your tut on it... so yea. But I like those vids. :)

20. Nachoaddict
    Date: Mon, Nov 29 2010 04:59:31

Lolwut there's already a tutorial on that. If you need help I suggest you just pm him or post in the other threads. I could help you since I've made one :p

21. SuiXidaL
    Date: Mon, Nov 29 2010 05:05:30

Ahh Guitrum has found a new way to get free pens, mods and money ^_^ The time-lapse actually made me dizzy.... As for the whole idea... not so great :/

22. iMatt
    Date: Mon, Nov 29 2010 05:10:39

Maybe it's just me, but I like the concept. It's just like watching anything else being built. It's all about the process of going from nothing to something. It would be interesting to see a professional grip cut time-lapse and see how long modders REALLY work on them. It's entertainment and I don't see anything wrong with it. (btw everyone, If I hear any pot-shots of Baaron Mod non-sense/flaming, I will be banning on spot. Seriously guys WATCH IT.) Keep it clean!

23. scout
    Date: Mon, Nov 29 2010 05:10:56

[COLOR="darkred"]How much is the mod anyways when you're going to sell it?[/COLOR]

24. SuiXidaL
    Date: Mon, Nov 29 2010 05:20:37

maybe a few time lapse videos of grip cutting would be good, or like something cool. Like... body engraving or..... anything else that was controversial in the modding world :P

25. Tetsip
    Date: Mon, Nov 29 2010 05:45:51

This is merely to show the modder modding a pen in seconds due to time lapse. Nothing else. I must say it is entertaining especially if its a difficult mod to mod.

26. +Guitrum+
    Date: Mon, Nov 29 2010 05:58:34

tetsip, you put it perfectly...

27. Froggy
    Date: Tue, Dec 7 2010 03:56:43

can i request ayatori mod? assembly, grip cut pattern drawing to cutting it and putting it on the pen. i modded ayatori mod once and i swear i hate it =.= the grip over grip is just... crab PrinceXD

28. +Guitrum+
    Date: Mon, Jan 17 2011 18:30:00

added new video to the first post, made my RSVP Mod

29. Flarion
    Date: Wed, Jan 19 2011 02:04:49

I dont see what the fuss is. It reminds me of the lego commercials where the kid builds the big cool set in the span of the commercial. I think its a cool concept showing how it all works together piece to piece making the whole.