UPSB v4

General Discussion / Bumming pens and pencils in schools :P

1. shoeman6
    Date: Sun, Nov 28 2010 17:20:07

Whenever I see someone with a pen I think is useful I'll ask them for it or try to get dead pens from people. What do you do to get pens from friends at school or work? Any tips to persuading people to give you their pens?

2. scout
    Date: Sun, Nov 28 2010 18:12:16

At work you can just bring a dead ink tube and go like "Mine ran out of ink, can I borrow this?". At school, well, most of my mates just leave it somewhere and I get it, :P or just ask them until they get ticked and just give it to you.

3. casual
    Date: Sun, Nov 28 2010 18:49:29

They usually agree to give me their dead pens... a lot of the girls in my school use signos and stuff and they run out every few months or so, and I get some free tips that way. :P

4. medacyber
    Date: Sun, Nov 28 2010 20:48:09

ok at school just wait till they forget the pen then just take it obviously they dont need it if they forgot about it :) and if they have one that is dead then just ask for it and usually they'll give it to you

5. MightAsWellGG
    Date: Sun, Nov 28 2010 21:57:16

i would usually just ask them for their pen and purposely not return whether or not they remembered that i have it, or i would pick up pens on the ground. the best i have found was a signo, but a lot of people use profiles or rsvps... i wish some people would use dr grips ;)

6. NRG.Flow
    Date: Fri, Dec 3 2010 21:08:57

Meh I usually have a bunch of bics, and just trade em for a pen with a removable tip or a pen with a grip :0

7. Jamal
    Date: Fri, Dec 3 2010 21:37:09

I found a black and a white old supertip, the black one was a different marker name but it's the same body, They were in my teachers pencil holder for the students to use :p

8. Mats
    Date: Fri, Dec 3 2010 23:31:15

Bumming pens and pencils has a totally different meaning in UK (or in other words correct) English. :lol:

9. shoeman6
    Date: Sat, Dec 4 2010 00:06:10

@Mats Yes bumming has multiple meanings in English... I hope you realize that American English is much more conservative than British English in the sense that American English has retained many features of English grammar which British English has decided is obsolete, aka Americans tend to use more correct English. I really hope you aren't that ignorant as I believe you posted something like this in another thread. Your arrogant superiority over Americans is simply unfounded. If you broke it down British English has a lot more variation from what would have been considered standard English. I'm not saying American English is correct, only that I hope you're kidding. Perhaps you're just uninformed, in which case, it wouldn't help to get out more often and meet people who are different from you.

Mats;38761]Americans have a great worldwide reputation for being ignorant assholes.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Mats wrote: Many Americans, especially those who end up travelling over here to Europe, are arragant self rightous idiots who are disillusioned and poorly educated.
    Point made In this case, I was making a pun on the other thread, banning pens, and since bumming can mean begging or getting pens through the action of being a bum, I thought it would be cute for the thread title. Please educate yourself before making judgements about other peoples education. (not to mention the fact that your post adds no intrinsic value to the discussion at hand...) ----- In any case, since my friends know I spin, often times they'll just give me their pens, but other times they get kind of freaked out when I ask them for there pens, all the korean kids at my school never have useful markers that I recognize... I used to steal pens but heheh, we're past that now :]

10. Mats
    Date: Sat, Dec 4 2010 00:27:15

I hope you realize that American English is much more conservative than British English in the sense that American English has retained many features of English grammar which British English has decided is obsolete, aka Americans tend to use more correct English
    Bad grammar in a sentence aimed at convincing me Americans are better at grammar? This has really made my day! :lol:

11. JackyMacky
    Date: Sat, Dec 4 2010 00:28:44

Girls giv me their dead crayola supertips and dead RSVPs. Guys giv me random dead pens (i ask for one's with metal tips and grips). got 2 free Dr.grips today from some girl, she said that the lead keeps pushing in every time she writes. :D

12. shoeman6
    Date: Sat, Dec 4 2010 00:33:21

Mats wrote: Bad grammar in a sentence aimed at convincing me Americans are better at grammar? This has really made my day! :lol:
    You... are an idiot, we were talking about language, not my personal speech patterns. I type how I talk. And I don't observe all grammatical rules when I type, If you look at speech and the way people use words though, Americans are more grammatically correct. And if you want to get down even further, my first language isn't even English. and you, buy no other fault but of your own arrogance, are still ignorant :]. I'm really speechless, people who think like you are responsible for the kind of racism and indifference which cause all of the misunderstanding in the world. Regarding your PM as well, if you saw, I identify primarily, as Taiwanese, not American and I was giving you an objective look as to why the validity of your statement that British English was somehow more "correct" was both false and unsubstantiated. I really hope you don't carry this cultural indifference/stereotype into your adulthood as you will be in for a rude awakening in the world, where cultural tolerance is a pretty big thing. Edit: after reading through a few of your posts, I hope that you realize that you're typing mostly in "American English"... :facepalm: In any case there isn't a more "correct" dialect. Please please PLEASE get out more. (I thought I'd post a link here so you really have no excuse for being ignorant other than the fact that you're extremely nationalist.) Just to get you started.

13. Mats
    Date: Sat, Dec 4 2010 01:00:00

I really hope you don't carry this cultural indifference/stereotype into your adulthood
    I'm in my adulthood. I am lucky because I get to speak to many people from around the world who are generally pretty intellegent. There's no question that America takes more flak than an incoming missile to a naval vessel. There is also no question amongst many English speakers, including many Americans I have met, that the so called 'Queen's English' is how English should be spoken and written. Before we stray too far from the topic, in English, bumming is generally only used to mean, well, gay sex. This topic title to anyone from the UK (and perhaps others from other places) will be read with this meaning, initially at least.

14. TurbulentTurtle
    Date: Sun, Dec 5 2010 18:29:27

casual wrote: They usually agree to give me their dead pens... a lot of the girls in my school use signos and stuff and they run out every few months or so, and I get some free tips that way. :P
    Try to get a different kind of tip.

15. TheAafg
    Date: Sun, Dec 5 2010 20:17:11

I usually find pens on the ground. People mostly use pencils and the pens they use are no good.

16. EliteN00Bz
    Date: Thu, Dec 16 2010 10:55:10

I ask for dead pens. They throw it away TT.TT

17. A.Sate
    Date: Fri, Dec 17 2010 04:28:11

I find G2's and Profiles frequently in my school. The grips usually need a good cleaning though.

18. hoyeesuan
    Date: Fri, Dec 17 2010 11:52:32

i put a small box in my classroom labelled: please leave inkless pens here. the box gets pens almost every day, only problem is other spinners take it too.

19. mapjay
    Date: Fri, Dec 31 2010 09:33:36

hoyeesuan wrote: i put a small box in my classroom labelled: please leave inkless pens here. the box gets pens almost every day, only problem is other spinners take it too.
    thats a good idea