UPSB v4

Tutorials Pending Approval / Tamashi MX

1. MightAsWellGG
    Date: Fri, Nov 26 2010 02:39:30

=========================== Stats: =========================== Tamashii MX COG: Slightly backheavy Length: 19.7 cm Weight: ~16.5g Style: Single Sided Non Retractable Writing-Mechanism: Reversed Inktube Ink-Type: Ballpoint Estimated-Cost: About $7-$9 =========================== Materials List: =========================== 2x RSVP Pens (1 Whole Pen, 1 Grip or grip segment) 1x Hyper Jell Pen (1 Grip) 2x F301 Pen (2 Tips or similar weight and diameter tips) 1x HGG Pen (1 tip) =========================== Tutorial: =========================== First tutorial, so give some feedback on what should be changed etc. [SPOILER="Tutorial"] 1. Gather your materials. 2. Prepare Cap a. Insert RSVP grip into cap b. Insert F301 Tip into the cap c. Break clip 3. Prepare front of the body a. Take the extra RSVP grip and cut it b. Screw HGG tip onto RSVP barrel c. Place cut RSVP grip onto barrel CONTINUED ON NEXT POST [/SPOILER]

2. MightAsWellGG
    Date: Fri, Nov 26 2010 02:40:07

[SPOILER="Tutorial"] d. Place Hyper Jell Grip onto body e. Place F301 tip into the Hyper Jell grip f. (Optional) Make a grip cut design on an extra grip and place it over the Hyper Jell Grip. 4. Prepare body a. Bore a hole in the RSVP back cap b. (Optional) Insert an insert into the barrel c. Put the inktube into the barrel and screw on the back cap 5. Place the RSVP cap onto the back of the pen Done. [/SPOILER] =========================== Q/A: =========================== Q. This mod has been made before. A. Well i haven't seen a pen that is close to this. Q. This mod sucks! Who requested a tutorial on this piece of crap? A. origamiguy777, Sutairu, and raymond Q. Lighting Fails A. Its better than not being able to see anything and ask "i cant see the picture! how do u make it????" Q. Ugly Mod and colors A. I dont have a Blue vs Orange insert on hand, and i like these colors. Portal ftw

3. Sutairu
    Date: Fri, Nov 26 2010 02:43:11

Good mod, very detailed tutorial. :)

4. Shadowbane
    Date: Fri, Nov 26 2010 02:51:33

very good :) it would be nice if you got a picture of what the finished mod looked liked

5. hahakumquat
    Date: Fri, Nov 26 2010 02:52:30

i think you might have wanted to wait for more experienced spinners to deem the mod worthy of a tut lol. good tut, but i personally wouldnt think a tutorial was actually needed for this. get ready for intense flaming but it's an okay mod i guess lol? as for tutorial improvements, i'm a little concerned about what "at least mine is" regarding the weight means. im pretty sure f301 tips are = to or maybe a bit more than signos, and dr grip tips are a lot heavier than those oh and btw, mx's are close enough to this to be called an mx variation. i think everyone has tried sticking a tip in an rsvp cap and changed the grips on the front around some time in their lives

6. Holypie
    Date: Fri, Nov 26 2010 03:10:34

He said in the shoutbox that his dr kt has airfit jell tips.

7. Hyukan
    Date: Fri, Nov 26 2010 03:15:30

I like it :) I personally would use a different grip for the front rsvp grip, and just replace it with something like... a red hyperjell, but that's just me. Good job :]

8. Nachoaddict
    Date: Fri, Nov 26 2010 03:19:05

Aesthetically I don't like those bulges in the front grip. And tbh I'm going to have to agree with hahakumquat that you probably should have gotten some feedback from older members because the people, if I'm not mistaken, that requested are all newcomers. Anyways this is a solid tut but for a mod that doesn't necessarily require one in my opinion. Good job on your first tut and keep modding and improving!

9. SuiXidaL
    Date: Fri, Nov 26 2010 03:27:07

freedom of speech; this mod is ugly and you could have used better parts or cleaner grip cuts imo.

10. hoiboy
    Date: Fri, Nov 26 2010 04:02:31

tamashii wrote: [B]NAME OF MOD HERE[/B] COG: Depends on the tips, mine is backheavy Length: 20.5 cm Weight: Dr. Kt < Tamashi MX < Buster CYL, atleast mine is. Style: Single Sided Non Retractable Writing-Mechanism: Reversed Inktube Ink-Type: Ballpoint Estimated-Cost: About $7-$9
    Maybe you should fix that.

11. MightAsWellGG
    Date: Fri, Nov 26 2010 05:20:40

Thank you all for your feedback, and ill improve the stats section tomorrow when i get more time. @hoiboy ill fix it tomorrow. EDIT: Fixed Statistics section.

12. Paramours
    Date: Fri, Nov 26 2010 05:21:36

ahhh so this was your cheat mx today

13. Froggy
    Date: Fri, Nov 26 2010 06:22:26

"Weight: Dr. Kt < Tamashi MX < Buster CYL, atleast mine is." That means your MX is 18g. Dr.KT = 17g Buster CYL = 19g Just for your info. PrinceXD~

14. galax3i
    Date: Fri, Nov 26 2010 22:58:25

the tutorial is easy to follow and well done.

15. OG
    Date: Fri, Dec 10 2010 12:30:03

@Nachoaddict I'm not THAT much of a newcomer, I've been here at least a year... Although I guess that still makes me a newbie though.

16. scout
    Date: Mon, Dec 20 2010 04:50:28

LOOKS LIKE A FRIGGIN FRONT HEAVY MOD TO ME. jk Looks like an average mod, but I like how easy parts you used. No need for buying online, everything for me is "store buyable". But still, this mod is too similar to other mods. :/

17. sarugio
    Date: Mon, Mar 12 2012 15:04:19

well. but thats just a method to make an rsvp mx heavier while having the same balance as the hgg tipped mx