UPSB v4

Member Introductions / A few questions.

1. V-Storm
    Date: Fri, Nov 26 2010 00:56:48

Please excuse me if I have posted in the wrong section or such. Notes: I'm a high leveled beginner, meaning, I know the fundementals, and I have larger hands. I Want to learn the palmspin, shadow, busts, and etc 1. Which should I get? Buster CYL or Vicgotgame mod, as shown in Penwish.com? 2. I'm working on a f1r3fly g3 mod, and I want to make it writable, yet still balanced and spinnable. Any tips? 3. What would be a good pen for me with my circumstances above?

2. KTrinh93
    Date: Fri, Nov 26 2010 01:22:22

I think there is another thread thats similar to this but not sure exactly what it's called. 1. You shouldn't get EITHER of those mods. They are way too heavy for someone that's learning those tricks. 2. I can't answer that. 3. I recommend a Metallic Comssa from Penwish something of similar weight but stay away from the heavier pens (any type of Buster or KT mod).

3. Nachoaddict
    Date: Fri, Nov 26 2010 01:25:58

Yeah post in one of those stickied threads next time. But no problem :) 1) I like the aesthetics of the Vicgotgame mod more than the buster cyl and also, the fact that the vicgotgame mod is more versatile in how you can adjust the length of the mod. I would say go with the Vic mod if you are limiting yourself to only those two choices. 2) First you need to figure out which type of writing mechanism you want. BP ink, MP, gel ink, etc. Mp is probably the easiest or the one that will give you the least amount of frustration, headaches, and ulcers. Basically just get the mechanism working and then balance it with weights. Worry about one thing at a time. Just keep experimenting with weight on either side of the mod until it is balanced is all I can say. 3) I would suggest something medium weight but longer. I think a cheat comssa or a thnikk white comssa or even a stuhl mod will please you. Unless you like heavier mods like the buster. Then go with NzDC or PC2 Buster if you want something with a bit more color. Hope this helped

4. spinford
    Date: Fri, Nov 26 2010 02:53:47

remember slow practice= fast progress fast practice= slow progress no practice=no progress!!! P.S IN my own experince, I prefer you start with a light mod. once you learn the hard tricks like the haitua and stuff, thats the time where you use busters and dr.kts.

5. Pen Ninja
    Date: Fri, Nov 26 2010 04:19:18

define: slow practice and fast practice?

6. Zombo
    Date: Fri, Nov 26 2010 04:48:38

moved to intro so you can use this as ur personal questions thread

7. Mats
    Date: Fri, Nov 26 2010 09:14:11

v-storm wrote: 1. Which should I get? Buster CYL or Vicgotgame mod, as shown in Penwish.com?
    Definately not. Go for something much easier. For example, a snapped in half pencil.
    2. I'm working on a f1r3fly g3 mod, and I want to make it writable, yet still balanced and spinnable. Any tips?
    Yes, you will generally need tips, or at least one anyway, for a pen to write.
    3. What would be a good pen for me with my circumstances above?
    High level beginner is a bit of a contradiction. Perhaps the right mod for you would be a very short and light Buster CYL.

8. spinford
    Date: Fri, Nov 26 2010 14:44:59

slow practice like you focus on that trick and analysing carefully the steps on the trick you learn. Not just practiceing this move once and asuume you got it

9. Mats
    Date: Fri, Nov 26 2010 14:54:18

spinford wrote: Not just practiceing this move once and asuume you got it
    Fail.

10. Jamal
    Date: Fri, Nov 26 2010 15:40:12

Mats wrote: [B]Definately[/B] not.
    Fail. >Definitely

11. V-Storm
    Date: Sat, Nov 27 2010 23:52:24

Since this thread is still good...

KTrinh93;37316]I think there is another thread thats similar to this but not sure exactly what it's called. 1. You shouldn't get EITHER of those mods. They are way too heavy for someone that's learning those tricks. 2. I can't answer that. 3. I recommend a Metallic Comssa from Penwish something of similar weight but stay away from the heavier pens (any type of Buster or KT mod).[/QUOTE] Matallic Comssa. Hm. Sounds interesting. Thanks! [QUOTE=Nachoaddict;37317]Yeah post in one of those stickied threads next time. But no problem :) 1) I like the aesthetics of the Vicgotgame mod more than the buster cyl and also, the fact that the vicgotgame mod is more versatile in how you can adjust the length of the mod. I would say go with the Vic mod if you are limiting yourself to only those two choices. 2) First you need to figure out which type of writing mechanism you want. BP ink, MP, gel ink, etc. Mp is probably the easiest or the one that will give you the least amount of frustration, headaches, and ulcers. Basically just get the mechanism working and then balance it with weights. Worry about one thing at a time. Just keep experimenting with weight on either side of the mod until it is balanced is all I can say. 3) I would suggest something medium weight but longer. I think a cheat comssa or a thnikk white comssa or even a stuhl mod will please you. Unless you like heavier mods like the buster. Then go with NzDC or PC2 Buster if you want something with a bit more color. Hope this helped[/QUOTE] Yes it did. I don't really want to ruin my f1r3fly though. Thanks again! [QUOTE=Mats wrote: High level beginner is a bit of a contradiction. Perhaps the right mod for you would be a very short and light Buster CYL.
    Yeah. I don't know any other way to put it, so yeah. I guess I was overrating myself. ______________________ A little bit more info. Currently, I am using a BicTory mod with...eh...how do I put this...with 2 identical household grips. Useful for doing infinity tricks anyway. Frustrating when practicing palmspin, and hair ripping when trying to do busts. Hardly a full revolution on palmspin. But then again, I may be doing it wrong. The pen always seems to spin on the "segment" of bone below the index finger. I don't really know how to describe that perfectly. Anyways, Am I doing it right? I can't seem to get it in the middle of the hand. You will see that I will ask a ton of questions, and I hope you don't mind, as I am a beginner. I wish TEK would show how to make the retractable/writable/twist-able(?) f1r3fly mod. Once again, sorry, but thank you for your time. 1. I plan on making an RSVP MX/CX mod, I'm sure all of you are familiar with that mod. Would that be useful for doing tricks that I mentioned? 2. I need some tips on Busts. I can't do one without dying after 1/8ths of a revolution.