UPSB v4

Off-topic / MSPA - Homestuck

1. Storm
    Date: Thu, Nov 25 2010 18:58:12

So I'm surprised there hasn't been a Homestuck thread in here. If you guys don't know, "Homestuck" is a webcomic made by this guy named Andrew Hussie. It's featured on his website "MS Paint Adventures." It's still ongoing and will probably take you a few days to catch up (took me only 3 since I read non-stop morning to night). Link to the beginning of the Homestuck comic: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6 It works similar to command-adventure games like Zork where the reader "gives a command" and the comic reacts. Pretty cool, but sometimes confusing. Plus, a large portion of the images are animated .gif images, which are pretty cool. Also, major points in the comic are animated in flash, which is really cool. So yeah, give this thing a read. So yeah this is my all-time favorite thing as of right now. Heck, I haven't been this much of a fanboy about anything since my days being obsessed with Kirby from Nintendo... O_o One of my favorite pics from the comic: (seizure warning, haha...)

Spoiler
    So yeah, while the story may be a little dry at times and the whole thing being kinda long, there are a shit-load of inside jokes, action scenes, characters, plot twists, time paradox, space paradox, multi-dimensional shit, flash animations, cool pictures, etc. that'll keep you interested (or maybe I'm just weird and like that kind of stuff...). Oh look, FANART. :U
    Spoiler

2. Mudkim
    Date: Mon, Jan 24 2011 07:52:59

im bumping this because i dont want to make a new thread.. JEGUS CHRIST IM FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW..these past updates with Eridan..he has always been my favorite troll..i dont know what to feel..now im tearing up.. why?! andrew planned this all along ..he got us emotionally attached ;_;

3. Storm
    Date: Tue, Jan 25 2011 05:40:19

Man, I'm going to copy pasta everything I've already typed, just 'cause I'm too lazy to type it for a third time. ;P (referring to Doc telling Karkat to not turn his back on the body)

SpoilerHe means one of the three trolls in the room with him, no? Since Kanaya and Feferi are both dead, making Sollux the odd one out, I'm going to assume he means Sollux when he says don't turn his back. HOWEVER, Kanaya would also be likely since she's supposed to come back to life somehow. So probably rainbow sucker Kanaya will be a valid second choice. Feferi needs to be dead in order to talk to Jade in the outer rings. Sollux is now presumably blind since he said so a long while back. The same time he said that all the trolls are going to die. However someone brought up an error on AH's part due to timestamps suggesting the survival of a couple trolls after the timer reaches 0:00, and by the way Hussie reacted in saying he's going to have to change the timestamps, etc., all the trolls are indeed destined to die. Now that that's on your minds, you may now handle any and every character death that will come your way. However we still have 2 more acts to go, so don't expect more soon, Karkat included. /analysis_end Edit: Everyone's ranting about Kanaya/Feferi being vampires now. LET IT BE KNOWN I TOTALLY CALLED THIS A LONG TIME AGO. That is all~ <3
    (referring to whether or not the trolls will live past when the timer reaches 0:00)
    SpoilerI thought that the timer with Gamzee wasn't the same timer as the death countdown for everyone, but if they were one and the same then the blood on Gamzee would indeed be more likely to be the blood of Eridan since it is more purple than Gamzee's maroon, plus Gamzee looks dead in that picture matching the everyone dies theory. As for Eridan killing everyone, highly unlikely. While he is overpowered in many ways, and while he can definitely fight on the Gogtier trolls' levels, we have no idea how strong Nepeta is (she was supposedly the most skilled in fighting from the start) nor what Gamzee's title is. It's probably Bard of Death or something ridiculous like that. Jack will definitely be the problem. Still, I'm expecting Gamzee to completely mop the floor with Eridan. *shrugs*
    Lastly, Andrew said that nothing that ever happens in Homestuck doesn't have a purpose. Kanaya will probably resurrect as stated before. Sollux is not dead, but he's now blind. Feferi needs to talk to Jade in the dream bubbles since it was already established in the storyline previously. AND I WAS JUST NINJA'D BY AN UPDATE JUST AS I'M TYPING THIS. I'm scared, haha. I told you that Gamzee would kill Eridan, but I didn't expect him to go ahead and kill EVERYONE ELSE TOO. :'[ Guh... what a creeper. Well, I still expect his title to be the Bard of Death or something. It wasn't like I didn't see this coming. However I still don't see how he'll kill Vriska or Aradia. If Vriska dies I'll cry, haha. She's my favorite. So I expect Jack to pop in soon, Gamzee's title to be released, nevermind about Nepeta surviving, Nepeta and Equius are probably already dead by now, Karkat's BLOODLINE LIMIT will probably be revealed, OR WE'LL TAKE A COMPLETE SEGWAY back to WV's dreamworld, the kids and what they're up to, or a totally new intermission that'll lead into Act 6. owo;; Anyways, I lost my train of thought. I'm too scared to think now. *hides in his corner*

4. Mudkim
    Date: Tue, Jan 25 2011 11:45:22

i know their deaths were going to happen for a reason.. i was crying not just because of kanaya, tavros, and fef but eridan..i dont want him to die!! im sad..with all the betrayal and killing... i dont know..eri..and gamzee..my goodness..i mean weeks ago i was so happy that i was a capricorn aquarius..what is happening!! my two favorite trolls! y?!? ;_; also we never saw Tavros and Kanaya's dreamselves actually die right? someone just has to revive them and they'll wake up just fine right? right? these updates and all the tension and suspense have made me more tired than running a marathon. My body literally cannot handle it. when i read that update with gam..seeing karkat frightened and paranoid of his own best bro..i just walked away from my computer, i was sad so went out and got myself ice cream.. why do i still feel awful..;_;

Spoilerand just reading these... http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003910 http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004243

5. Mudkim
    Date: Wed, Jan 26 2011 19:11:10

ive calmed down and i think im ok.. now time for some discussion.. Karkat went up so many points here. I didnt think i could like him more than i already did. he might even pass John as my favorite character soon.. His determination to bring the team back together! he sincerely cares and tries as hard as possible!

Spoiler ->PCA: this is nothin if not flatterin but dont you think youre comin on a little strong ->CCG: OH GOD ->CCG: I AM NOT HITTING ON YOU IDIOT, THIS IS HONEST TO GOD PLATONIC ENMITY heheh I can imagine Eridan fantasizing about him and Karkles enjoying a romantic evening of angel-killing. looking at the angels, and seeing they look like the Old Testament style winged serpents and wheels of fire and three headed horrors type. Eri decided to murder every single one, it's like the video game equivalent of killing NPCs. they took a shit ton of time to kill and were all extremely angry. youd likely only get 1XP for each and no grist.. it reminds me of how everyone who plays the Sims has a different approach. some people want to get the best job and all the money some people want to raise a family some people just want to play around with interior decorating and fashion others are a wee bit more antisocial and build five story murderhouses with meticulously designed mazes in which they seal their visitors filling it like a hive of reeking death until they lord over an empty neighborhood Eridan is that Sims player.. but.. he has always been my favorite troll..man, i really don't want him to get killed..8( HE JUST WANTED A FRIEND.. i dont know.. i like eridan despite everything <3..
    SpoilerKarkat is writing that memo around about 3:14 before the Critical Moment ->42 minutes from now ->FTC: HEY BEST MOTHERFUCKING FRIEND. ->FTC: I KNOW WHERE YOU MOTHERFUCKING ARE. ->FTC: and what you'll motherfuckin do. That gave me the chills.. i have a feeling that gamzee has ALWAYS had both personalities in his mind, they happened to BoTh TyPe At OnCe because the slime was keeping them in check Gam replied roughly around the time tavros is killed..there's just over 2 more hours in which he can get his kill on.then says he's about to meet up with some other friends. Equius and Nepeta are missing and are presumably together.. we've still got Vriska somewhere and Aradia is with jack in a nice little time lock thing. Eridan absconded somewhere.. kanaya, feferi, tavros: dead So far this isn't looking pretty for karkat considering all the people who are on his side are either incapacitated or elsewhere and half of them are totally unreliable ->CCG: REMEMBER WHAT HE DID TO THE BLACK KING. ->CCG: NOBODY COULD EXPLAIN IT, AND THEN HE JUST WENT BACK TO SPACING OUT FOR THE REST OF THE BATTLE. ->CCG: I MEAN SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT. ->CCG: I DON'T EVEN THINK THE KING COULD FUCKING BELIEVE IT, FRANKLY. ->CCG: DID ANYONE'S ATTACK DO AS MUCH DAMAGE? I DON'T THINK SO. we have no idea just how insanely strong Gamzee is and if he can even be dealt without the help of anyone less than aradia or vriska OHGODOHGODOHGODOHGOD http://i53.tinypic.com/3309sau.png http://tindeck.com/listen/fxxl
    The parts with Eridan was kinda funny but it turned into fear when it went to Gamzee. also it's my birthday tomorrow on the 27th! (yay!) and im going on a 3 day camping trip somewhere. so i wont be able to catch up on the updates for a while.. edit: just wanted to say that you are awesome! one of the few mspa fans i know! 8-)

6. Storm
    Date: Wed, Jan 26 2011 23:00:21

=_=;; I'm part of a few MSPA forums, haha. So I have resources, that's all. And my birthday is on the 30th, so we're both Eridans, I guess. ;P And don't forget Terezi who's probably freaking out about Tavros.