UPSB v4

Spammer's Bin / Russians

1. Colin
    Date: Thu, Nov 25 2010 03:41:49

So yeah..Ive noticed: Whenever they try to use dots, it ends up as parenthesses. why is this? ex: "I already paid you)))" or "Dont host anywhere and dont edit without my permission)))" Yurchik and a GTAIV modding group are some examples of this

2. Raem
    Date: Thu, Nov 25 2010 15:13:02

Keyboards with cyrillic (russian) lettering look pretty different from others. For example, my keyboard looks something like this Notice two letters on every key; black one - latin letters, red one - cyrillic. Of course, you cannot have them both turned on; you can only write with one at a time. You can switch it anytime you want. notice that when cyrillic alphabet is turned on, key ":" says "ж". so if they would want to write a smiley, they would have to switch to latin keyboard, write that smiley, and then switch back. And that is uncomfortable. So, simply put: Mostly these parenthesses ))) are a primitive smiley icon. That's how much I know. I persoinally have fixed the problem with normal dots and etc. as I have installed a phonetical keyboard e.g. it means russian с is at latin s, russian н is at latin N and etc. It's sorted by how it sounds. Though the problem with :::: still remains.

3. Ejikpyroman
    Date: Thu, Nov 25 2010 15:45:34

")))" easier to write than "=)" and we can write ":" if we press shift+6 =) It is a strange russian keyboard. This plausible:

4. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Nov 25 2010 17:22:08

Raem wrote: notice that when cyrillic alphabet is turned on, key ":" says "ж". so if they would want to write a smiley, they would have to switch to latin keyboard, write that smiley, and then switch back. And that is uncomfortable.
    but the guy was already writing in english to him. there's was no need to switch the charset it was already the correct one with :