UPSB v4

General Discussion / How EXACTLY do you freestyle?

1. WhatsOfTheUp1
    Date: Mon, Nov 22 2010 22:51:38

Do you just learn a bunch of mini combos then put them together in whichever order comes to your mind?

2. Mage In Black
    Date: Mon, Nov 22 2010 23:18:23

You will understand in time. Just keep at it. It comes naturally. That's why it's called FREE styling. Oh, referring to your...status thing... tell your parents it's a hobby. You do it because you like it--not because you're trying to make money out of it. I hate it when people ask me, "what's the point of PSing?" What's the point of you living? Nothing will come out of it, prick. It's a fucking hobby. Get it? I do other things rather than facebook 24/7.

3. Escorpio123
    Date: Mon, Nov 22 2010 23:45:02

Mage In Black wrote: You will understand in time. Just keep at it. It comes naturally. That's why it's called FREE styling. Oh, referring to your...status thing... tell your parents it's a hobby. You do it because you like it--not because you're trying to make money out of it. I hate it when people ask me, "what's the point of PSing?" What's the point of you living? Nothing will come out of it, prick. It's a fucking hobby. Get it? I do other things rather than facebook 24/7.
    nice answer, hate when ppl ask that too. I give a lot of reasons. It is a hobbie, an art, something to kill time, a therapy 'cause it is good when ur nervous, mad, embarrassed or with fury, PS relaxes u ;). That's what I always answer <_<

4. Frip
    Date: Mon, Nov 22 2010 23:47:39

Let it flow. :whut:

5. KTrinh93
    Date: Mon, Nov 22 2010 23:54:15

Your question is an oxymoron in a sense. No one can tell you HOW they freestyle. Freestyle is just when someone decides to spin without thinking. They just put one trick after another after another and so on until they finish their freestyle. This being said, some people, such as myself, spam a lot of mini combos/linkages when they freestyle because we're so used to using those linkages. But anyways, there simply is no answer for this question that you propose besides just spinning at leisure.

6. Vassenato
    Date: Tue, Nov 23 2010 00:16:27

Put pen in hand. Spin it without pre-planning a combo. CONGRATULATIONS YOU ARE NOW SPINNING FREESTYLE!

7. shoeman6
    Date: Tue, Nov 23 2010 00:40:19

You just spin... You use the linkages you know and go at it.

8. Zombo
    Date: Tue, Nov 23 2010 00:53:48

obviously he's asking, how do you develop a feel for freestyling good combos. anybody can improvise anything, but to improvise something good takes practice and skills. so you need to watch a lot of videos, study a lot of breakdowns, and practice a lot.

9. casual
    Date: Tue, Nov 23 2010 01:04:32

At first, your freestyle will probably be spam spam spam. As you learn more tricks and linkages, you start incorporating more and more new things into your freestyle and it'll look better. There isn't really a how as stated before. It's something you'll naturally do as you keep learning and practicing. And after you practice it will probably still be spam, just less of it.