UPSB v4

Pen Modifications / Video Review Series on Mods?

1. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, Nov 14 2010 20:09:35

I believe iMatt was working on this project? Is it still in commission?

2. shoeman6
    Date: Sun, Nov 14 2010 20:27:42

Hmmm... this could be an effort adjacent to the wiki... Like compile a list of mods or pens and people could sign up to create videos reviewing/talking about them... (i'm not sure about the original concept imatt was/is working on)

3. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, Nov 14 2010 20:33:03

I thought I remembered something about iMatt mentioning it back in V3 but I'm not sure. I'd be inclined to contribute a few vids to this ^^

4. lagbeast
    Date: Sun, Nov 14 2010 21:59:35

this would be really sweet, it would help alot of people who are considering to get mods.

5. purplet
    Date: Sun, Nov 14 2010 22:09:20

I already tried to make a list (text) with pros and cons but its a hell of a lot of work and there will always be somebody feeling hurt if his beloved 50€ sooo rare mod doesnt get good ratings (thats just an example^^). I would only recommend 5pens (5because i had to take some number) 1)Waterfall mod => cheap, awesome look, awesome spinning. 2)VGG Mod. Beats Buster CYL imo though its pretty much the same in the end, cutomizability>peems skill. 3)Mx 4)Emboss Mod => simple and awesome 5)There has to be a G3 Mod...but if the review has to be for starters there really is none beeing best. id suggest my hjsb because its long, relatively heavy, affordable but others will tell seven is the way to go (wich i dont think), everybody should choose his g3 mod by LOOKS. I dont want to tell u every g3 mod spins the same but that u like the g3 mod the most that u spin the most. If u spun lots of mx u will love light g3 mods but if uv spun buster cyl u will need something like kuzu (extendet because kuzu not extendet suxx imoXD). I did miss lots a awesome mods did i? Thats why its no use, even if u take 30mods u will miss many nice mods.

6. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, Nov 14 2010 22:14:22

Well it IS a lot of work but the only way to do this successfully is to have one person do ALL of the videos then. Just to keep their perspective uniform throughout the series. You can't really pick a few out of the tons but I believe that if someone were to do this, they should cover approved V3 and V4 mods in addition to those in the wiki etc etc. Then once that is done, go on to international mods from other boards. Or maybe the other boards already have someone doing this. Idk

7. shoeman6
    Date: Sun, Nov 14 2010 23:03:51

@nacho, not if you create a template and make it an objective review of the mod, instead of opinionated. (or have an organized way of opnion...)

8. Nachoaddict
    Date: Mon, Nov 15 2010 01:36:21

Well opinion is gonna have a little part in every review right? Something where you just say the quantitative observations and not the qualitative is something I find quite boring. This mod is 8 cm and 52 g the end?

9. k-ryder
    Date: Mon, Nov 15 2010 03:10:22

i'm not sure how the logistics can work with this, but how about a panel discussion of a pen mod? possibly one main person does a formal review (ie. this mod is Xcm and X grams, spins like this, comes in 3 delicious colours), finish with their personal opinion of the mod, then one or two other join for a small discussion? one person reviewing, however objectively, wont be as good as 2, 3, (many) people inputting

10. Nachoaddict
    Date: Mon, Nov 15 2010 03:27:37

I think that's a good idea but then it would take a lot longer to finish the series and with so many mods, people could lose interest and leave and then you would have a different set of opinions. which I'm not saying is bad but generally its better to keep the same people in the project for the entirety of it.

11. iMatt
    Date: Mon, Nov 15 2010 03:33:13

I scratched the idea. No one was really interested in the project. Simple as that. If anyone else wants to start making a few for pilots go ahead.

12. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Nov 15 2010 03:35:48

I don't understand why this needs to be a coordinated effort? each person who wants to make a review should simply post it. then we make a thread with all the video reviews. simple as that.

13. Nachoaddict
    Date: Mon, Nov 15 2010 03:37:37

I think a conversation about the mod could give more than one opinion and produce more interesting and insightful comments

14. k-ryder
    Date: Mon, Nov 15 2010 04:08:10

i'm sure you dont have to do every, *every* mod mx, plus common variations busters, kts, waterfall, met comssa, common dc mods kuzu, seven and other g3 mods tbh, mx+variations could be in one video how about: maybe a group of 5 reviewers, rotate the reviewers, maybe 3 per video, and also rotate the main reviewer every few weeks as well? i think the point is to give a range of opinions on the mods, reviews will never be completely accurate/cover all opinions but 3 (hopefully) differing opinions on a mod in one video will be a useful resource for spinners (esp new ones) in choosing a mod, rather than going through all tut threads and reading all the comments

15. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, Nov 15 2010 05:12:36

Just a side note. There's a brazilian one: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrModReviews and there are a few here in french: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheNix06

16. Darealone
    Date: Mon, Nov 29 2010 16:36:37

@Hippo2626 if only i knew how to speak brazilian... I really want this tho...it would be suuuuwweeeettt!!!!

17. Elfoo
    Date: Mon, Nov 29 2010 16:49:25

Hi! I'm the owner of the MrModReviews channel. Just want to let you know that at early 2011 I'm going to make a full english channel.

18. Darealone
    Date: Wed, Dec 1 2010 21:00:55

@Elfoo YYYEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! THank u!!!

19. Nix
    Date: Wed, Dec 1 2010 21:46:09

The second chanel you mentioned is mine, but sorry i don't think i'm going to do english's reviews. :/