UPSB v4

General Discussion / Center Weight VS. End Weight for Palmspins/Spinning on surfaces or palms

1. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, Nov 14 2010 06:00:33

I was thinking yesterday about this issue. For palmspins and the things where you just take a pen a twist and spin it on like a table for example, would center weight be more useful? Or weight at the ends of the pen. Because I noticed center weight (for me at least) kept the pen in a more controlled area while end weight gave me more revolutions but it was pretty hard to get a high number without having the mod fly in some direction. Thoughs?

2. KTrinh93
    Date: Sun, Nov 14 2010 06:16:53

I think you're right with this. I remember somewhere someone said weight distribution of the pen should be about 35/30/35 or something like that.. those numbers would be the percent of the weight of the pen of each section of the pen tip/barrel/tip.. I think that the there is some magical weight distribution that gets you ideal spins (if we're going with the palmspin example) while also giving you center weight for the control factor of spinning.

3. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, Nov 14 2010 06:27:52

So basically you're saying the best mod would be a custom built metal rod lol? :D with grips on the ends

4. KTrinh93
    Date: Sun, Nov 14 2010 06:43:46

haha well no but you get the general idea that the tips should be generally heavier than the body of the pen. idk if i put 40/20/40 it seems too end heavy but i suppose that would realistically be a KT and probably 45/10/45 would be a buster haha

5. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, Nov 14 2010 07:25:04

Yeah or maybe instead of trying to add weight to everything, we TAKE AWAY weight from the entire mod. And end up with something like a gripped comssa or a gripped bictory or something of that matter. I guess it IS possible to get better spins with those types of mods if you get used to spinning them. I'll have to try this out :p