UPSB v4

Off-topic / Black Ops

1. xepher
    Date: Sun, Nov 14 2010 04:32:00

I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread about this yet general opinions on the game? I personally think mw2 is better

2. nateiskewl
    Date: Sun, Nov 14 2010 04:57:30

I'm a level 31, first prestige. I got the game a day late, too. MW2 sucked balls. Black Ops is way better because it doesn't reward players for being shit.

3. k-ryder
    Date: Sun, Nov 14 2010 05:25:17

4. davidguy
    Date: Sun, Nov 14 2010 05:33:08

oh i saw that coming

5. AoD1
    Date: Sun, Nov 14 2010 05:58:04

nateiskewl wrote: MW2 sucked balls. Black Ops is way better because it doesn't reward players for being shit.
    THIS!!

6. Sankaku
    Date: Sun, Nov 14 2010 08:01:55

black ops is better than MW2 in certain aspects, and MW2 is better than black ops in certain aspects blacks ops' killstreaks dont add up, which is awesome awesome customizability i like the credits system to but attachements and stuff killstreaks arent incredibly overpowered no death steaks MW2 had better controls, and nicer graphics YOU CAN QUICKSCOPE EASY MODE LOL only 10 prestiges, not fif-goddamn-teen matchmaking in parties is easier than black ops it may be just me, but hit detection is better and less lag, so far idk, i still like MW2 more =\ MW2 doesnt suck, the players in it made it suck lol

7. pred
    Date: Sun, Nov 14 2010 08:20:37

Sankaku wrote: YOU CAN QUICKSCOPE EASY MODE LOL only 10 prestiges, not fif-goddamn-teen matchmaking in parties is easier than black ops it may be just me, but hit detection is better and less lag, so far
    Whole point of making that circle thing happen when you scope in was to eliminate quickscoping, it was utter bullshit that sniping any other way was thought of as cheap on mw2. Gets rid of all the pro sniper try hard faggots so its a good thing sniping is as it should be. That said, if you cant maintain a 2:00 kd or above sniping on maps like jungle then sniping just isnt your thing. There are 15 prestiges however it only gos up to 50 before you prestige, not 70. Your other problems i think you may have bad nat type or bad upload because even me in australia can find 10-15 games np at 4:00 in the morning with 5-4 friends in a party and in aus we have shit upload. The hit detection is flawless so far as i have heard from everyone i play with so foward your ports, open your nat type and enable upnp etc.

8. AoD1
    Date: Sun, Nov 14 2010 09:40:13

pred wrote: Whole point of making that circle thing happen when you scope in was to eliminate quickscoping, it was utter bullshit that sniping any other way was thought of as cheap on mw2. Gets rid of all the pro sniper try hard faggots so its a good thing sniping is as it should be.
    ok lets get one thing straight dumbass quick scoping was a skill just like pen spinning is a skill. both usless but a skill none the less. so if u cant quickscope then dont do it but dont ruine something people can and like to do. sure quickscoping ur a try hard but look who won the games dumb ass. ex RaGE quickscoping team.... beasts at quickscoping if u went up against them u would get ur ass wooped boy. even if u where using ur try hard ump.

9. xepher
    Date: Sun, Nov 14 2010 17:18:35

I'm pretty sure they just have a bad system for matchmaking in parties I also have that problem also with my other friends It works but usually takes 3-4 tries and does anyone else sometimes get put into a private match or other lobbies? (while trying to get a match with a party)

10. poisoned
    Date: Sun, Nov 14 2010 17:29:37

:/ Probably not gonna waste 60 dollars on this one. Quickscoping was the only thing I found fun in mw 1 and 2 and with it gone... it seems like it would just be boring. Lol don't flame me, just my opinion

11. Prince
    Date: Sun, Nov 14 2010 18:16:33

anyone got it on wii? ;DDDDDDD

12. whysosrs
    Date: Sun, Nov 14 2010 18:41:59

I know if you have a modded xbox and try xbox live in black ops, you can get banned. What about a modded wii? I have a wii handy and want to try this black ops.

13. boshi
    Date: Sun, Nov 14 2010 19:20:01

i only liked cod cuz of the sniping. black ops is by no means bad, but it isnt that fun for me from what iv played. not buying it =/

14. pred
    Date: Mon, Nov 15 2010 08:08:04

AoD1 wrote: ok lets get one thing straight dumbass quick scoping was a skill just like pen spinning is a skill. both usless but a skill none the less. so if u cant quickscope then dont do it but dont ruine something people can and like to do. sure quickscoping ur a try hard but look who won the games dumb ass. ex RaGE quickscoping team.... beasts at quickscoping if u went up against them u would get ur ass wooped boy. even if u where using ur try hard ump.
    Hardly a skill when you can be taught to do it in 5 min. It was game breaking, how can a sniper, someone meant to fight at long range beat someone with a close range weapon? Treyarch aim for a more realistic fps then infinity ward did, and thankfully they removed the bullshit that is quick scoping. Now I actually do want it to be patched, I can snipe with the l96 whilst maintaining 2.0+ kd but it is more difficult then what it should be. If the circle thing was toned down it would be much better but it is still nice to go in to lobbys and not see everybody sniping like fags. Still, it is heaps of fun playing with optic try hards such as yourself. They all do this 360 bullshit jumping of buildings but ak47 demolishes them every single time. Oh and xepher, that is a router issue once again, 4 of 5 friend i usually play with I have set up their routers properly and its all good, instantly find games np. However once we bring my friend with the unconfigured router then we all experience problems finding games as a party.

15. Sankaku
    Date: Mon, Nov 15 2010 17:28:49

i would love to see you go into a ground war game in MW2 with a sniper, just quickscope, and try to tell me if its cheap. its not close to cheap, or overpowered. chances are, you'd go negative. and in MW2 SoH pro makes quickscoping easier than CoD4. even people who have been doing it since CoD2 go negative, or barely break even. and if you give one of them 'optic try hards' a reg gun, they'd rip you a new asshole in seconds. people only quickscope cuz its a challenge, its not easy. i mean like, its fun to go 30-3 with an AK or something every game, but after a while, it gets boring. so we pick up a sniper, which requires reflex, timing and aiming to quickscope, and we run around treating it like a shotgun. so fucking what. there are times when you need to quickscope to save your life. if you turn a corner and someones right there, theres not enough time to pull out your pistol or whatever, so you quickscope the guy. or are you just gonna stand there and die cuz quicksoping is 'cheap'? youre probably just pissy cuz you cant snipe for shit and have been killed one too many times by a 'tryhard quickscoper'. with regards to making it more realistic, how come the shotguns have such shitty range? if it was 'realistic', theyd shoot way farther than 5 feet. games are not made to be realistic, otherwise if CoD was, it'd be sitting in a bush for 45 minutes aimed down your sights. so dont pull that realistic shit on us. its just like the assault rifles, theyre made for long distances, yet i bet you still spray people down when theyre close range too. same thing applies to quickscoping, if someone is 3 feet in front of you, are you just gonna sit there and be like, eh no, this gun is meant for long range, so i wont use it to kill him. yeah, makes COMPLETE sense to me.

16. Knightpal
    Date: Mon, Nov 15 2010 17:58:28

Black Ops was way better than I expected. I didn't even plan on getting it, but now I'm proud of Treyarch. They did a good job on this one. Taking out Stopping Power, killstreaks adding to more killstreaks, Juggernaut/Painkiller (even though there's Flak Jacket which is pretty awesome). Campaign was incredible. But I did think MW2 and CoD4 were amazing. WaW not so much, just played it for the zombies. Overall, awesome game. Buy it.

17. neXus
    Date: Mon, Nov 15 2010 18:03:52

18. Goldstars
    Date: Tue, Nov 16 2010 01:03:50

Prince wrote: anyone got it on wii? ;DDDDDDD
    Shonen's dad did

19. nateiskewl
    Date: Tue, Nov 16 2010 01:10:59

pred wrote: Hardly a skill when you can be taught to do it in 5 min. It was game breaking, how can a sniper, someone meant to fight at long range beat someone with a close range weapon? Treyarch aim for a more realistic fps then infinity ward did, and thankfully they removed the bullshit that is quick scoping. Now I actually do want it to be patched, I can snipe with the l96 whilst maintaining 2.0+ kd but it is more difficult then what it should be. If the circle thing was toned down it would be much better but it is still nice to go in to lobbys and not see everybody sniping like fags. Still, it is heaps of fun playing with optic try hards such as yourself. They all do this 360 bullshit jumping of buildings but ak47 demolishes them every single time. Oh and xepher, that is a router issue once again, 4 of 5 friend i usually play with I have set up their routers properly and its all good, instantly find games np. However once we bring my friend with the unconfigured router then we all experience problems finding games as a party.
    Let me start off by saying OpTic is nowhere NEAR as good as other groups of snipers such as eXiLe, RaGE, and XGeN. OpTic has been smashed multiple times, but the videos never get many views because OpTic has so many loyal subscribers. You can't be "taught to do it in 5 min." The best snipers have been quickscoping for a very long time and still nobody has mastered it. I'd also like to point out how you complain about quickscoping being "game breaking," and then go on to talk about how "[an] ak47 demolishes them every single time." Why are you complaining about being able to kill other players? Let me suggest to you some underground quick scoping videos. These aren't that OpTic/Machinima Respawn crap, these are the REAL best snipers. (I'm not going to link myself here because I'm not a conceited prick.) [video=youtube;XQeGoQKkSKU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQeGoQKkSKU[/video] [video=youtube;FncaNO9XL9s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FncaNO9XL9s[/video] I hate to link Doggieo because he's a huge faggot, but this video is a nice example of sniping in competition. http://www.youtube.com/wypoons Just watch all of H 4 T E D's (WyPooNs') videos. I played with him nearly every day for a year and he is honestly one of the best players I have ever seen. And before you even pull the "you only can snipe" card, I was on a 36-0 GameBattles team made up of only former RaGE snipers.

20. AoD1
    Date: Tue, Nov 16 2010 04:22:50

thank u nate.... at least some of u fuckers actually know what ur talking about oh and i enjoyed watching roCkst4rs vid.

21. Hippo2626
    Date: Tue, Nov 16 2010 05:12:05

I don't play this game but I watch Tobyturner's game commentary and it's real funny. http://www.youtube.com/user/TobyGames Check it out!

22. Tkal
    Date: Tue, Nov 16 2010 08:35:23

I was never particularly good at twitchy FPS like these and I know plenty of people who snipe better on the console than I do on PC, but I always did like the campaign CoD put out. Always very cinematic and tense, if a little difficult to believe at times. As for the whole QSing debate, I'd say the most serious snipers used it more as a situational tool than an actual whole style of play. There are just times when you need to hold a shot for a second or two to guarantee the kill and others where QSing fits the bill. I also gave zombies a whirl, which I'm decent at since it seems to be more about overall strategy than actual shooting skill :rolleyes:

23. pred
    Date: Tue, Nov 16 2010 09:50:32

Sankaku wrote: i would love to see you go into a ground war game in MW2 with a sniper, just quickscope, and try to tell me if its cheap. its not close to cheap, or overpowered. chances are, you'd go negative. and in MW2 SoH pro makes quickscoping easier than CoD4. even people who have been doing it since CoD2 go negative, or barely break even. and if you give one of them 'optic try hards' a reg gun, they'd rip you a new asshole in seconds. people only quickscope cuz its a challenge, its not easy. i mean like, its fun to go 30-3 with an AK or something every game, but after a while, it gets boring. so we pick up a sniper, which requires reflex, timing and aiming to quickscope, and we run around treating it like a shotgun. so fucking what. there are times when you need to quickscope to save your life. if you turn a corner and someones right there, theres not enough time to pull out your pistol or whatever, so you quickscope the guy. or are you just gonna stand there and die cuz quicksoping is 'cheap'? youre probably just pissy cuz you cant snipe for shit and have been killed one too many times by a 'tryhard quickscoper'. with regards to making it more realistic, how come the shotguns have such shitty range? if it was 'realistic', theyd shoot way farther than 5 feet. games are not made to be realistic, otherwise if CoD was, it'd be sitting in a bush for 45 minutes aimed down your sights. so dont pull that realistic shit on us. its just like the assault rifles, theyre made for long distances, yet i bet you still spray people down when theyre close range too. same thing applies to quickscoping, if someone is 3 feet in front of you, are you just gonna sit there and be like, eh no, this gun is meant for long range, so i wont use it to kill him. yeah, makes COMPLETE sense to me.
    The funny thing is, my self and everyone I played that rubbish game with for a month or so before selling could quickscope with a positive kd no problem. Every Australian I played with, every nz and jap(for some reason paired with New Zealanders and Japanese an awful lot in matchmaking because locale to me) i played with could do it no problem with little to no practice. Are you saying you really find it that hard? I think you should be playing something else or at least ditching sniping if you find it so difficult. The problem with quickscoping is that, it is so damn easy that anybody can do it (except americans and canadians such as your self), regardless of skill which means everybody did and still does do it (or in your case, attempts to). What fun is it when you join a lobby and everybody is sniping? You know, why even call it sniping at all, because quickscoping is not sniping as much as you try to argue the point that it is. Go have fun jumping of walls and spinning in circles whilst shooting in the hope of gaining some sense of empowerment :)

24. Madmack25
    Date: Tue, Nov 16 2010 10:55:43

I personally would wait for Crysis 2 ... Have been seeing negative comments about black ops, not buying it could save some for Crysis 2 since i believe it'll be more expensive :D

25. xepher
    Date: Tue, Nov 16 2010 22:00:03

I'm sorry pred, but do you know how stupid you just sounded?

26. Tetsip
    Date: Tue, Nov 16 2010 22:07:41

That made absolutely no sense Pred... Very ignorant too... Play a legit game with legit people.

27. Sankaku
    Date: Wed, Nov 17 2010 02:21:48

pred is an ignorant prick with low self esteem, can we all agree?

28. AoD1
    Date: Wed, Nov 17 2010 02:33:45

Sankaku wrote: pred is an ignorant prick with low self esteem, can we all agree?
    THIS

29. pred
    Date: Wed, Nov 17 2010 02:55:55

Damn, ignorant, thats rich coming from American/Canadian. Reading it back, makes perfect sense i know it must be hard for you to understand so i will summarize for you in plain english. Quickscoping takes no skill in mw2, anybody can do it. Quickscoping is not sniping, no ifs or buts, it isnt sniping. Mw2 was over run with "snipers", every lobby at least half the team is "sniping". Its pretty funny when people try to defend mw2, its simply an unbalanced, over run with mods, game for kids. Have fun :)

30. xepher
    Date: Wed, Nov 17 2010 03:06:37

Would you care to explain how quickscoping isn't sniping? tbh, you have no idea what you're talking about and of course anyone can quickscope but not many can do it well

31. AoD1
    Date: Wed, Nov 17 2010 03:50:04

pred wrote: Damn, ignorant, thats rich coming from American/Canadian. Reading it back, makes perfect sense i know it must be hard for you to understand so i will summarize for you in plain english. Quickscoping takes no skill in mw2, anybody can do it. Quickscoping is not sniping, no ifs or buts, it isnt sniping. Mw2 was over run with "snipers", every lobby at least half the team is "sniping". Its pretty funny when people try to defend mw2, its simply an unbalanced, over run with mods, game for kids. Have fun :)
    nah im pretty sure u just suck dick at quick scoping so ur mad u cant do it u fucking stupid ignorant australian piece of shit. make a montage to prove u can quick scope.... if u think ur up for the challange? but it has to be RaGE status. i think pen ninja has a runner up on the idiot bar.

32. pred
    Date: Wed, Nov 17 2010 10:28:49

xepher wrote: Would you care to explain how quickscoping isn't sniping?
    Sorry aod, not worth the reply your post is so stupid. You do understand that quickscoping is so far from realism that it is comical. If you have ever shot a sniper before, you would understand, I my self have fired my uncles .223 used for hunting at a tree (felt sad for the rabbits) and you would give your self a black eye trying to quickscope. Sniping is properly looking through the scope not flashing the scope up to your eye for less then a second, that is fantasy. This is the last time im checked this thread so dont bother to respond. The sniping in black ops is far better and closer resembling sniping then in mw2 which is just a joke.

33. Zombo
    Date: Wed, Nov 17 2010 14:10:14

is COD even supposed to be realistic? who cares its just a shooter game... in Gunz the k-style stuff is super unrealistic but they didn't fix it cuz its fun. there are advanced sniper simulation games, I think it's called Sniper Elite... play that instead

34. Knightpal
    Date: Wed, Nov 17 2010 17:14:14

All right. Come on now. The topic is Black Ops. Not Quickscoping. I enjoyed it while it lasted, you can even pull it off a bit in Black Ops. It changed. Treyarch and Infinity Ward just have different plans.

35. Prince
    Date: Wed, Nov 17 2010 19:38:11

why you all flaming. games are entertainment. dont cry about them :(

36. xepher
    Date: Mon, Dec 6 2010 00:25:05

There's a clip of nateiskewl (I'm pretty sure his gt was natego) on topnotchmultimedia's top 5 clips http://www.youtube.com/user/TopNotchMultimedia#p/a/u/0/yuKn_KgQ530 for those who haven't seen this clip or any of their videos (which are the best imo)

37. nateiskewl
    Date: Mon, Dec 6 2010 02:13:02

Yup, that's me. :D

38. Storm
    Date: Mon, Dec 6 2010 03:17:31

HOLY TITS, IT'S NATE. And yeah bro, you're a fucking beast at Black Ops. I love you~

39. Frip
    Date: Mon, Dec 6 2010 03:24:12

damn nate

40. AoD1
    Date: Mon, Dec 6 2010 03:26:42

Nate my man i was talking to u when u where uploading the file lol and sending it out