UPSB v4

General Discussion / Trick Book

1. Mats
    Date: Tue, Nov 9 2010 23:13:42

The trick book is currently on version 1.7. I said when circus season was finished I would work on it more and that time has now come! Info: You can vote for more than one option in the poll. Firstly, some links: Direct link to trick book download Previous trick book discussion Trick book vote (another previous discussion) Trick book wiki topic Version 2.0 So, what would you guys like to see in version 2.0? Currently, the trick book has a fairly comprehensive list of tricks, along with the spin direction and type. Many tricks are also linked to the appropriate UPSB wiki page too. It would be nice to know if you think anything in this project could be done differently or better too. Future ideas Possible ideas for future work (suggested in above threads): 1) Video links 2) Rough difficulty ratings 3) Releasing book in more formats Any other ideas for future work? What do you think of the current ideas? What formats would you like to see this released in (html, pdf etc)? I really need YOU to give some information and feedback to make this a useful community resource. When this book gets big and full of information, I will release a 'full' and 'light' version too. It would be nice to know what you think a 'light' version might need, just the most important stuff. I'm thinking at the moment just trick name and wiki link? Oh and if someone has already said (I would like ...) then please POST IF YOU WOULD LIKE IT TOO! I need to know HOW MANY PEOPLE want different things. If only one person posts about wanting something, it's not going to get done. (more on 'future ideas') 1) - Video links - If I were to do this, I would like a youtube channel created especially for the purpose. All tricks hosted on that channel. I would need A LOT of help from you guys because I can only do about 1% of the tricks listed! 2) - Rough difficulty ratings - Maybe scale of 1-5 or 1-10? Just rough. So people can say 'I've learnt lots of level 3 tricks, maybe a level 7 is a bit much right now'. 3) - I just don't have ANY IDEA AT ALL what formats people would like to see this in? Anything missing or ideas for this trick book, anything you want on included please reply. A very useful reply to this post would be a trick that is missing from the book, or a new trick with a link to a video or topic about it. To do list: Update wiki pages as they come - (constant) Fill in any missing tricks - (constant) Wait for results of thread for future work - (in progress)

2. fang
    Date: Wed, Nov 10 2010 14:51:33

I will donate some tricks! and I can help with updating the wikki page!