UPSB v4

General Discussion / Will Spinnerpeem defend his title?

1. Vaan
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 01:52:08

Post your comments,bets,and suggestions here (base on the wt11 )

2. Hippo2626
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 02:51:09

I'f he somehow gets good at linkages, varies his combos, makes his combos contain less Power tricks, and gets creative (other than in the form of Power tricking ) then yes which is highly unlikely so no.

3. Vaan
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 03:44:42

i think s777 willl pawned peem

4. Xzelph
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 03:59:46

now peen is not the best imo maybe the best of power trick is Supawit and there are many spinners whose linkage is better than peem(for example:Nz,s777)

5. Hippo2626
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 04:16:13

I probably going off topic but I think if JEB sends their best like Raison, Makin, Toro or KUzu, one of them will win. I guess the powertricking phase is over and no matter how much he pushes the limits of power tricks, it'll not be as fancy anymore.

6. Escorpio123
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 05:28:06

Peem might win it again IMO, he is crazy. But I want Eriror to win :(

7. Zubola
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 05:35:35

I hope ponkotu does well this time too ;)

8. i.suk
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 06:01:27

if any one of the pen spinning 'monsters' underperforms in any 1 round, they could well be overtaken, as the judging system means many spinners scores can vary by as much as 5 marks out of 20... at any rate, i doubt spinnerpeem will be able to hold out against all of vicgotgame, supawit, s777, ponkotu etc if JEB sends their 'best', they could do well, but the judging criteria still suggests they'll lose quite a few marks in difficulty and creativity (except ponkotu in this respect). if kUzu uses his personal mod (and not mx ==") with his hard linkages we used to see a while back, he could go quite far edit: btw those ppl saying ppl are 'close' to matching peem's power tricks, maybe only supawit can come close. the subtle variations in power tricks peem does may not look that different, but the difference in difficulty of those compared to a mere fl ta ~ palmspin is quite significant

9. Twine
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 06:16:00

I'm routing for Vicgotgame as a favored player on my half here. I really wanna see the gods of JEB again. Seven and kUzu are seriously amazing.

10. AwonW
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 06:27:45

Peem won't make it very far at all. He doesn't have the variety or the nice linkages to beat spinners nowadays. In addition to that, spinners seem really close to passing him in power tricks. To be honest, I'm not even sure how he won last time. His combo was literally half spam.

11. Hippo2626
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 06:29:12

I don't think Ponkotu will go very far. Based on the WC, he will get a ton of points for creativity but his difficulty is not there and he gets would get penalised for execution if he uses his F3000. If JEB's best make an appearance, they would get points for creativity for those crazy linkages but I'd say a maximum of 4/5. The other criteria's, I suspect they'd do fine. Easily a 3 and above.

12. crinix
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 08:54:31

I think he will. He would not come with his old combos, tricks, linkages. I'm sure he has something to use at WT11 which he did not use at any video before. Remember WT09 AND WC10 we saw new tricks of it. Besides he is a monster with his present tricks and linkages even not come with something new(but I think he will).

13. song
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 10:24:46

peem?no offense,just a spammy spinner.hope that this tournamnet wont be dominated by power tricks again,its just way too boring.and hope taht spinners from fpsb and jeb that always come out with new or creative linkages can make their way to the final.

14. ellusion67
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 10:43:37

i'm getting bored watching power tricks..Peem just good at power tricks..but,no doubt,he still a pro penspinner... hope to see more variety in this Tournament..

15. Enkronidus
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 10:50:03

Judging from now, Peem is getting repetitive. Most of his new stuff are just variations of his HaiTua/PalmSpin 0.5 and some people just ignore the detail and count them as spam. =/ But as I saw from Spinnerpeem & Supawit127 3rd Tag, you can see that he improves his linkage and some new stuff like NeoBak Riser > PinkyIndexBak. Some say he has a lot of materials but he just never shows them off, though, I still see no clue supporting this at all. I can even say Supawit's even better than Peem now for overall, for Supawit 2p2h. If Peem isn't hooking up something really new in WT11, then I guess he won't make it very far. So we'll wait and see. But well, I'm still rooting for Eriror, if he's joining. If not then Supawit. For the rest. I think BaiMai and Ponkotu hold the chance of being the 1st of WT11 too, and probably s777 as well and maybe some people I can't think of right now. :dunno:

16. pipp
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 11:20:19

JEB hasn't got great chances because cool MX spinning gets not good ratings (sadly). But HAL has great potential I think.

17. Avocado
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 11:57:04

he wont most of people will be bored watching his play imo

18. neoknux_009
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 12:00:57

When peem was in WT09, not alot of people thought he would make it to #1. i think its possible for peem to defend his title. but its goign to be hard. i wouldnt underestimate him though, as others have said im sure he has moves under his sleeve. The contenders for #1 are probably s777, Vic and supawit...and peem. Eriror also has a chance and ive always believed he has. Ponkotu is pretty good, with great variety, but i put a question mark on his difficulty. not to mention his good combos are short. As for JEB, its also hard to say. JEB has different priorities with what makes a good combo atm. All of their spinners have good potential to make class S combos... i also want to see kuzu and seven have a comeback too.

19. walrus
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 15:21:33

hell yeah. as long as he keeps up with good linkages, his difficulty will dominate o.O

20. Tetsip
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 15:23:24

i doubt this. his combos are so repetetive and EXTREMELY boring to watch. Every combo i see wants me to just skip over it and move on to supawit. Supawit > peem

21. RdHg
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 16:27:44

I think if Peem does have some new tricks to show off, it will just be variations of power tricks and maybe some cool linkages. Even if he does have new linkages I still think he'll be centering his combos on power tricks. I think Peem will do somewhat well in the WT, but I dont think he can win again now that a lot of people find power tricks boring and spammy. Not that I'm saying power tricks arent impressive, but they're not appealing.

22. KTrinh93
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 20:56:00

I think someone said this already, but I think peem's holding something back. If you look at his tag with supawit that they recently released, he didn't really do much involving power tricks. I was actually surprised that most of his combos didn't end with (or only consisted of) some crazy power trick linkages. Imo, he's hiding something and he's gonna suddenly whip it out in WT11.

23. Tetsip
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 20:57:04

I think peem will do the penis around. That's an instant win for me.

24. miyat
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 21:17:22

I don't think he should be underestimated, but also he shouldn't be overestimated. He probably does have some new stuff up his sleeve. I wanna see some spinners do really good, that no one expected to perform well.

25. spinford
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 22:26:37

I predict spinnerpeem has this secreat that he wont show. Maybe this time his style is something that you can ever imagine. maybe a style like s777. lol jokes

26. Zombo
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 22:58:13

KTrinh93 wrote: I think someone said this already, but I think peem's holding something back. If you look at his tag with supawit that they recently released, he didn't really do much involving power tricks. I was actually surprised that most of his combos didn't end with (or only consisted of) some crazy power trick linkages. Imo, he's hiding something and he's gonna suddenly whip it out in WT11.
    its simple, peem is working hard to practice for the new judging system. probably someone told him about it. the guy has a lot of contacts and therefore a lot of resources. maybe he can fix his weaknesses by getting a coach. if he has the dedication to improve himself, he can surprise many ppl

27. Shadowbane
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 23:58:30

yeah spinnerpeems probably going to win... too bad seven is not trying or it would be an instant win for him :)

28. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Nov 8 2010 00:22:39

probably means more than 50% chance i dont think I would ever bet peem against 95 other spinners.

29. Vaan
    Date: Mon, Nov 8 2010 00:40:06

i think peem is in pressure right now ^^.. but he surely have some new stuffs for the wt11 (thanks for editing the poll)

30. spinnerhui
    Date: Mon, Nov 8 2010 00:42:25

I say peem is gonna suprise us...and it would make history too...

31. Vaan
    Date: Mon, Nov 8 2010 00:43:54

that's what other spinner's do as well for does who are joining the wt11

32. Paramours
    Date: Mon, Nov 8 2010 02:55:43

I'd like to see SEVEN or kUzu go for the title, but I'm interested to see if Peem varies his combos more.

33. darkdazh
    Date: Mon, Nov 8 2010 03:30:08

He has a good chance. People are able to do more power tricks continuously and mini-fingerless combos, but Peem seems like he'll whip out some variation of the fingerless ta ~ palmspin, or some new power trick and just do it continuously in a fingerless combo which could be hard to beat. He'll have more variety, but no matter what people say about him being monotonous and what not, when you actually analyze something he puts together it's hard to consider someone beating him. His skill level is so high.

34. k-ryder
    Date: Mon, Nov 8 2010 06:43:14

i think there is a concessus that WT11 wont be the year of the powertricks as he is now, i dont see peem winning the WT. nor do i see him moving that far into the tornament either, based on his latest vids that said, he will definitely have *something* hidden up his sleeve. whether its big enough for him to win, or come close, i'm not sure what i do want to see is possibly a hybrid between his insane powertricking abilities, and SEVEN's style that is the only spinner's style that comes to mind which fits or compliments peem (other than maybe semi-powertrickers like Nz, penja, etc) if peem can move away from pure powertricking (i stand by my philosiphy of powertricks for finishers) and incorporate tricks that dont make whole revolutions around the hand, he can make it far into the tornament and also, i do want to see a resurgence of kUzu or SEVEN's style not necessarily a comeback from those 2 spinners, but just combos similar to their styles in general

35. Mats
    Date: Tue, Nov 9 2010 00:04:20

No-one ever has. No-one ever will.