UPSB v4

Member Introductions / Hey!

1. mrneumann5000
    Date: Sat, Oct 23 2010 20:39:39

Hey, my name is Matt. I just really got interested in learning pen spinning, I already know the thumbaround and chage, but thats about all I know. I love things like pen spinning (skilltoys); Balisongs, yoyoing, magic, xcm, dice stacking, and parkour are just some of the things I love to do. If anybody has a question about balisongs, Im the guy to ask. I was wondering; I know theres a lot of money involved in penspinning, and I waste too much as it is, so I would like somebody to help me pick out a good pen for me. I have a RSVP MX, but I dont really like it because it isnt balanced. I am looking for something preferibly that I dont have to mod. I like very long pens for my big hands, and something medium to heavy weight and double sided. If there are any pens like that please suggest them to me. And another question, are there any pen spinners around St Louis? Im close by and I would love to meet some pros. Thanks, -Matt

2. SheepSter
    Date: Tue, Nov 2 2010 09:04:02

Wassup Matt gotta say, your the one that got me into bali's =D

3. mrneumann5000
    Date: Tue, Nov 2 2010 12:07:23

Hers my youtube channel man. You can buy a cheap bali and use my beginner tutorials. http://www.youtube.com/user/mrneumann5000?feature=mhum Good luck.

4. SheepSter
    Date: Wed, Nov 3 2010 08:48:40

Oh im using a BM51 and iwe actually learned all those tricks thanks to you, next im aiming for the Van Gogh or something

5. Escorpio123
    Date: Wed, Nov 3 2010 18:52:57

Welcome mr neumann5000 well if u dont like RSVP MX, try Metallic Comssa but since u want something long, well maybe VIcGotGame Mod :) hahaha Just kidding, that's heavy. Mmm, try Double sided pencils till u get used to long mods and weight. MSXA is long too and medium weights. Do not use BusterCYL right now even though it is perfect match on what u request. KT is heavy too, it is for beginners and advanced.

6. mrneumann5000
    Date: Wed, Nov 3 2010 20:49:14

SheepSter wrote: Oh im using a BM51 and iwe actually learned all those tricks thanks to you, next im aiming for the Van Gogh or something
    Man, I really love hearing that. Im glad you like the tutorials. The 51 is an awesome knife, if it wasnt so overpriced I would have one for myself. I have a 42, rainbow spderfly, typhoon, 2 baliyos, and some crappy knives. I bet some of the guys on these forums would like the baliyos, its a butterfly knife pen. Usually less than $30 too. And Escorpio, thank you for the recommendations. I am actually probably going to go to a meet near me at the end of this month and try out some other peoples pens to see what I like.

7. shoeman6
    Date: Wed, Nov 3 2010 20:56:59

There are quite a few spinners around Saint Louis, check out the fall gathering thread. Be nice to see you there :) (it might be a bit far...) I'm not sure how active some of the spinners are, but there is a decent growth of spinners here these days. It may have dropped from the summer to only a few people who are actively spinning. It's great to see a new spinner in this area though.

8. mrneumann5000
    Date: Wed, Nov 3 2010 21:54:45

Yeah, I saw the St Louis gathering thread. I can probably (hopefully) go. Where would it be held?