UPSB v4

Manipulative Arts / Rubberband Manipulation

1. Dylan
    Date: Thu, Oct 21 2010 01:04:21

I recently re-watched some of Kam's old videos and noticed there wasn;t already a thread for this so I made one. This is just for tricks people figure out, links to videos, anything that has to do with manipulating rubberbands. If you don't know what it is, look up something like "Kam rubberband" on youtube. There isn't much on it now, but I think it MIGHT have a bit of potential.

2. happy_happy
    Date: Thu, Oct 21 2010 04:10:43

[video=youtube;LTik_YpDHYM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTik_YpDHYM[/video] This? I think he was just joking XD

3. Vassenato
    Date: Thu, Oct 21 2010 05:18:37

no this [video=youtube;swMom46pb80]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swMom46pb80[/video] and this [video=youtube;N7M9waRWhCQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7M9waRWhCQ[/video]

4. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Thu, Oct 28 2010 04:33:32

wow my friend showed me something last week... well anyway, I decided to pick it up a few days ago and I made up some stuff along the way... >janx I made up some letters it's a large rubber band 1 handed hourglass and a little compilation of tricks to see what you can do with it VVV I usually don't ps cause it's really distracting during class... so this is a great substitute. :thumb:

5. kam
    Date: Thu, Oct 28 2010 19:38:25

Those are pretty cool. I think you should be able to do them with regular sized rubberbands since they are stretchable. would also be cool if we could come up with all the letters in the alphabet, so that you can spell stuff :) I currently don't have time to work on more tutorials for rubberband manipulation, but here are a couple tips: - pick a decent sized rubberband. I personally use #33 rubberbands from Staple because they're slightly longer than average, but still look like your ordinary rubberband. - stretch your rubberband (there's nothing more annoying than having the band snap halfway through a trick) - trim your cuticles, and put lotion on your hands (the rubberband tends to steal moisture from your hands and make it very dry, which leads to cracks...and cracks = pain when doing tricks) - when learning one-handed tricks, use your other hand to hold a position until you can do the steps quickly. this helps reduce unneeded strain on your fingers. I'm sure this info will be a lot more helpful once I can find time and put some tutorials xD

6. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Thu, Oct 28 2010 22:42:21

kam wrote: I currently don't have time to work on more tutorials for rubberband manipulation, but here are a couple tips: - pick a decent sized rubberband. I personally use #33 rubberbands from Staple because they're slightly longer than average, but still look like your ordinary rubberband. - stretch your rubberband (there's nothing more annoying than having the band snap halfway through a trick) - trim your cuticles, and put lotion on your hands (the rubberband tends to steal moisture from your hands and make it very dry, which leads to cracks...and cracks = pain when doing tricks) - when learning one-handed tricks, use your other hand to hold a position until you can do the steps quickly. this helps reduce unneeded strain on your fingers. I'm sure this info will be a lot more helpful once I can find time and put some tutorials xD
    :o yeah, but letters are pretty hard with "normal sized rubber bands." I use something similar to staples rubberbands. They're colorful/easier to see and really stretchy, but they snap easily in comparison. I stretch them to prevent snapping, but it still happens. I usually use yellow cause that's the same yoyo string I use hehe... to reiterate what Kam said- One handed tricks, especially the hourglass I came up with, give a lot of hand strain/cramps the first time(s) through. Most of my friends complained "OUCH THIS F-ing HURTS... wtf" while doing the one handed star. So don't run before you walk, especially with the 2 handed double star. and PUT LOTION on your hands. < this is true

7. Jesus
    Date: Tue, Dec 14 2010 21:25:05

I know how to do the criss-cross trick and one-handed speed star :D

8. Mats
    Date: Tue, Dec 14 2010 23:01:26

This manipulation looks pretty lame to me. That said, if I met someone who could do it, I'm sure I would learn a bit. :P

9. darren
    Date: Mon, Apr 18 2011 23:45:15

I wanna learn some I like this manipulation

10. Raos
    Date: Mon, Apr 18 2011 23:57:32

PICKACHUUUUU and the elastic thing is epic

11. RicLu98
    Date: Tue, Apr 19 2011 00:59:00

cool i like the double star

12. neix
    Date: Wed, Apr 27 2011 04:10:06

wow how did the guy in the video do that interlace trick? wtf?