UPSB v4

Regular Pen Discussion / Some US pen alternatives & retractables

1. grenade01
    Date: Wed, Oct 20 2010 15:36:05

I’m curious why there isn’t more experimentation with American pens since we have a pretty wide selection of writing tools in this country and a lot of pen spinners seem to be from the US. Has anyone used one of these pens before? I’m curious if anyone can comment on the size. http://www.danielsmith.com/Item--i-243-010-001 My local art supply closed recently and all I have nearby is Michael’s (which has awful selection) So I’m kind of browsing stuff online, I’d like to make something new… On another note, I’m not that into the idea of making pens that don’t write, otherwise you may as well call it baton twirling and that’s a little bit gay IMO. (I’m an old man here compared to most of you kids haha. I haven’t been into pen spinning in like 13 years, but I found it keeps my brain awake when my job gets monotonous.) Currently I have the metal Commsa off of penwish. I’m going to be making a few retractable Commsa myself since I have plenty of materials and tools. I’d like to make a double retractable, and I think I’ve figured a way to do it by grabbing the pen tops and clicking them instead of the little metal tips like the comssa retractables Ive seen online. It’ll take some glueing and a few different sized pieces I haven’t quite found yet though. Any thoughts on double retractable? Id like to have black ink on one side and ride on the other. Utility! If it doesn’t write it’s not a pen right? If a pen falls in the woods….erm. Anyway yeah.... you guys changed all the move names since my generation. lol. fingerpass was just pass and charge was 360 ... shadow...was something else.. I forget what. some of the other tricks had skateboard related names... Could have been a local orange county / los angeles thing though

2. shoeman6
    Date: Wed, Oct 20 2010 18:11:03

Hey, are you from UCPSB? Anyways, that's a very intresting idea of a double retractable. I see how it could work if the tips had some sort of mechanism which clicked around the ink tubes, another way could be by use of a twistable mech. aka twist one way and it screws out the inktube for one. twist the other way and it screws out the other.

3. grenade01
    Date: Wed, Oct 20 2010 19:47:02

Twist... Derp.. I didn't even think of that. I might rethink this mod hahaha. Naw I'm not from anywhere in particular. was just lurking and decided to sign up here and post. Weird...my post about double sided pen mods got moved to the non-modded forum? :confused:

4. Kirby
    Date: Wed, Oct 20 2010 20:34:24

1. Make the prototype 2. show a picture of it on this board 3. ????? 4. PROFIT

5. Holypie
    Date: Wed, Oct 20 2010 21:26:38

Just a question, is the Tombow Dual Brush Pen a sub for KT/AC/CT?

6. hoiboy
    Date: Thu, Oct 21 2010 01:44:16

Not really.

7. Holypie
    Date: Thu, Oct 21 2010 11:52:16

That's too bad.

8. Cloud
    Date: Mon, Nov 28 2011 01:18:34

This looks kewl i wanna try it. does it sub for a kt? and how do you make it retratable?

9. PenwisH
    Date: Mon, Nov 28 2011 02:35:50

it's like a fat long kt