UPSB v4

Board Comments / New Shoutbox Suggestion

1. 000zero0000
    Date: Thu, Jun 24 2010 05:48:26

Before I send my suggestion, I've been off UPSB for a looong time now. So im not really up to date in these things but... I like the idea of not having a commenting-once-every-5 second-cap. How about keeping it that way? Regards to preventing spam on the box; you could have it so that if a person is reported a certain amount of times they automatically get higher and higher wait times in between shouts until they get temp banned. Then a mod can come and looks over the case. Dunno how much control you guys have over this board.. ok...so there is a cap between shouts....

2. shoeman6
    Date: Thu, Jun 24 2010 05:52:29

Also, if possible auto un-idle for shoutbox?... also the fact that Sticky: REMINDER: BREAK THE RULES AND BE BANNED FROM SHOUTING. READ THE SHOUTBOX RULES HERE. PLEASE REPORT ANY OFFENDERS. takes up two lines bugs me...

3. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Jun 24 2010 05:52:38

we cant remove the delay restriction for everybody; it would kill the server. that's why only premiums can do it. the second suggestion is really complicated, theres really nothing out there that looks like that, just the ability to report shouts is huge IMO.

Also, if possible auto un-idle for shoutbox?...
    its just one more click instead of a mouseover. if you're already mouseover, you're really just one click away, thats laziness

4. 000zero0000
    Date: Thu, Jun 24 2010 05:54:40

alrite, cool thats all i needed to know. Just curious thats all. (Thanks for fast reply tho) (and how you been big guy? missed you)

5. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Jun 24 2010 07:04:56

the sticky line doesn't take 2 lines, you must running on some low-res stuff

6. Kari-Chan
    Date: Thu, Jun 24 2010 08:04:28

O.o you must have a huge screen... 'cos i have 13xx * 766 O.o (forgot the numbers lol) and it still goes over two lines

7. davidguy
    Date: Thu, Jun 24 2010 09:31:17

I still don't like the text box that's to the left of the shout box, it's too big and honestly i preferred the regular horizontal bar right below the shout box =/ just a suggestion though

8. shoeman6
    Date: Thu, Jun 24 2010 11:19:26

David guy, that's probably something that we'll have to adjust to, I actually think it might be better this way.

9. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Jun 24 2010 14:02:01

davidguy wrote: I still don't like the text box that's to the left of the shout box, it's too big and honestly i preferred the regular horizontal bar right below the shout box =/ just a suggestion though
    the old bar was too small when you made longer posts, you would have to scroll back to see what you posted. this is more like the MSN box, and MSN chat is fine.

10. juggalo666666
    Date: Mon, Mar 28 2011 17:56:02

You guys are stating the negative because the shoutbox is cool you get to talk to people from all over the world. just because the text is to big doesn't make it bad.