UPSB v4

Member Introductions / hi everybody

1. xSeasonx
    Date: Sun, Oct 17 2010 16:11:35

im new to pen spinning like 1 week ago and yesterday i just bought the materials to mod a rsvp mx its in sky blue vs red newaes i got all the fundamental tricks down (ta,sonic,fingerpass,and charge) now im working on reverse fundamental ( i got r sonic, r fingerpass, and r charge but not r TA) can someone help me out here? http://forum.upsb.info/images/icons/icon12.png

2. Parish
    Date: Sun, Oct 17 2010 16:40:31

Wow, your a fast learner to learn the fundamentals in about a week! It took me much longer, and I'm still having trouble with the charge. xD can't wait to see you around the forums!

3. xSeasonx
    Date: Sun, Oct 17 2010 19:16:51

hi nice to meet yhu mhmm fundamentals were easy .. but reverse killed me a bit. especially the reverse thumbaround. but after 3 hrs? i kinda got it on me. xD what pen/pencil ur using. cuz IMO rsvp mx helped me get the tricks down real quick. give it a shot if u dont have one xD

4. TheAafg
    Date: Mon, Oct 18 2010 01:45:10

hey, hope you get the r thumaround it takes some time, but its not that hard, keep practising

5. xSeasonx
    Date: Tue, Oct 19 2010 19:47:27

hi i gave up on the r ta for now. as for now. im just trying to perfect both my r and normal fingerpass . I just realized today that the sonic i no is just a quick fingerpass and its not the real sonic >.< fail right. lol well as of now. i have charge and r charge, r and normal fingerpass and ta. what trick/move should i focus on next?

6. TheAafg
    Date: Wed, Oct 20 2010 00:06:54

Well, i would say concentrate on the sonic first, cause it will open chances to learn more tricks, like sonic rise, or sonic r

7. xSeasonx
    Date: Wed, Oct 20 2010 02:46:07

mhmm thanks thou its hard to adjust to the "sonic " now cuz of bad habits. i used to thought a quick fingerpass was a sonic >.< lol

8. xSeasonx
    Date: Wed, Oct 20 2010 02:48:13

ohs is my sonic correct when i spin from 23 a quick charge then b4 of ending the charge, i quickly bend my middle finger a bit and the momentom of the charge ends at 12-23 . is tht the sonic r @ least close?

9. TheAafg
    Date: Wed, Oct 20 2010 22:21:56

The pen should end up between your index and middle finger. Before even starting to do the sonic u have to apply a bit of pressure on pen with ur middle finger and pressure from your ring finger. The pen is supposed to go over the middle finger and land in between middle and index.

10. xSeasonx
    Date: Thu, Oct 21 2010 01:28:25

well i dont even no if im doing a sonic now. but i start off doing a charge in my ring and middle finger , then i bend my middle finger a lil. then the motion goes to my middle n index finger. hope thats a sonic ;)

11. Riley
    Date: Thu, Oct 21 2010 05:00:36

Hey, welcome to UPSB. I've been spinning for 2 months and still can't do rev. TA. :/ But I can do fingerless TA reverse. :D Anyway, goodluck!

12. xSeasonx
    Date: Fri, Oct 22 2010 00:25:24

lol hi riley. thanks and thats quite weird . lol u got fingerless TA reverse but not r ta. 0.o lol beats me. newaes i kinda gave up on r ta for now. just trying to perfect fingerpass and some new tricks xD

13. TheAafg
    Date: Fri, Oct 22 2010 00:57:34

go to youtube and watch what it looks like, it looks different than a charge. I am not really sure how you switch from charge to sonic. Try to use the pressure method to do the sonic. Btw where did u get the material for rsvp mx?

14. Atsume
    Date: Fri, Oct 22 2010 01:18:26

rsvp mx is hyper gel grip tip over rsvp tip and a grip over that(look up a tutorial) hgg tips are from europe i believe if im wrong then idk

15. xSeasonx
    Date: Fri, Oct 22 2010 21:53:07

for the rsvp mx.. u can find pentel rsvp pretty much anywhere . in walmart, staples etc but for hgg .. i got mine @ dragon city by spadina.Toronto. U need the metal tip+grip from the hgg. they come in blue,red,and black and are sold at 3 bucks eash. :S expensive

16. xSeasonx
    Date: Wed, Nov 24 2010 00:53:27

homg i can finally do the reverse thumbaround :)

17. MightAsWellGG
    Date: Wed, Nov 24 2010 01:45:17

nice job :) welcome to UPSB have a pleasent time at the forums :D i got the fundamentals in around half a week and the reverses took a month since i had little control in my hands :( you should try to learn tricks like twisted sonic, double charge, and thumbaround to air and catch, you just do a thumbaround and make it go into the air when you are about to catch it

18. TheAafg
    Date: Wed, Nov 24 2010 01:49:53

Its been 2 months dude. Was the reverse thumbaround really that hard for you? anyway congrats

19. PS-Newbie
    Date: Wed, Nov 24 2010 03:48:41

hi everyone! this is my first post of UPSB and i think i can do thumbaround but only in 1round not 1.5, reverse thumbaround must be practice for a long time for begginers like me...

20. xSeasonx
    Date: Sat, Nov 27 2010 02:13:28

ps newbie , welcome to upsb :) dont worry , ta will come to yhu anytime asap :) its really easy. it took me around a wk but i gave up long time ago. then this week i tried it , i got it in one day. now im working on perfecting thumbaround harmonic if thats what its called :P practice hard, dont give up