UPSB v4

Off-topic / DotA 2

1. davidguy
    Date: Thu, Oct 14 2010 22:31:26

http://gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2010/10/13/dota-2-announced-details.aspx I thought LoL and HoN were just a DotA games with a higher budget, but this is LITERALLY DotA with a higher budget. I'm actually interested in this one though

2. SuiXidaL
    Date: Thu, Oct 14 2010 22:45:19

I play HoN and even this makes me intrested ._. I hope its like an upgrade to Dota with new heroes, better graphics sounds etc. Maybe on its on like not on battle.net with WCIII but a whole seperate game.

3. VendettaBF
    Date: Thu, Oct 14 2010 23:21:39

did LoL really have a higher budget? wasn't dota developed by blizzard one of the most wealthiest game publishing/developing company. i haven;t even heard of riot before league of legends, their only game. also, ima wait for some vids on gameplay before i place my opinion.

4. AwonW
    Date: Thu, Oct 14 2010 23:29:18

VendettaBF wrote: did LoL really have a higher budget? wasn't dota developed by blizzard one of the most wealthiest game publishing/developing company. i haven;t even heard of riot before league of legends, their only game. also, ima wait for some vids on gameplay before i place my opinion.
    Dota is a custom WCIII map, so it was made by players actually.

5. nateiskewl
    Date: Thu, Oct 14 2010 23:30:53

VendettaBF wrote: did LoL really have a higher budget? wasn't dota developed by blizzard one of the [B]most wealthiest[/B] game publishing/developing company. i haven;t even heard of riot before league of legends, their only game. also, ima wait for some vids on gameplay before i place my opinion.
    Most reduntantidest.

6. davidguy
    Date: Thu, Oct 14 2010 23:32:40

yeah Dota was made by players with whatever they could do with the map editor or whatever they used. The original creator of DotA helped make LoL and the current developer is helping make DotA 2. DotA 2 might possibly be as popular as TF2 since the way they both got developed was practically the same. I just want to note that I did not know someone made a song about DotA .__. [video=youtube;qXKd7uuehlw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXKd7uuehlw&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

7. VendettaBF
    Date: Fri, Oct 15 2010 00:09:18

finally understood why people kept talking about wc3 whenever they spoke of dota. xD guessing there isn't anymore detail on the new game huh? no screenshots, releasedate, or f2p

8. davidguy
    Date: Fri, Oct 15 2010 00:12:32

not really, best thing right now is that it'll probably be released next year, this is like the first time this is being announced so they probably wouldn't have anything out yet