UPSB v4

Advanced Tricks / Aerials to Spins

1. Darealone
    Date: Wed, Oct 13 2010 15:21:49

I have massive trouble with aerials to spins. For eg. bak riser to thumbspin, bak riser to palm spin, aerial TA to thumbspin, mid back riser to mid bak spinning thing(idk wat its called??), etc That type of stuffz. I'll pull off a back riser and then the pen will land on my thumb then bounce off, or spin .5 rev and then just fall or get stuck. Please help.

2. neoknux_009
    Date: Wed, Oct 13 2010 17:57:15

alright. When the pen lands try to move your hand in the direction the pen is moving. Usually this is downwards towards the ground since the pen is falling. Ideally, your hand should move at the same speed that the pen is falling when it first touches your hand. This reduce the amount of recoil so the pen should bounce a lot less and stay on your hand a lot more. It has to do with impulse and stuff like that.

3. Hippo2626
    Date: Thu, Oct 14 2010 00:37:49

Yea do what Neo said. That is the biggest part to it. Also you have to be conscious as to where the pen lands. Watch it and follow it with your hand such that the pen's COG will land at the point for which it is supposed to spin on.

4. blahblahting
    Date: Thu, Oct 14 2010 03:01:54

-make sure you follow the pen with your hand so your hand is directly under the pen when it lands -keep your hand relaxed and allow your hand to drop slightly (key word SLIGHTLY) when the pen lands on your hand so that the pen doesnt bounce off try starting with very low aerials to get the feel for things. certain camera setups will make low aerials appear high anyways ;)

5. KTrinh93
    Date: Thu, Oct 14 2010 04:04:44

blahblahting wrote: -make sure you follow the pen with your hand so your hand is directly under the pen when it lands -keep your hand relaxed and allow your hand to drop slightly (key word SLIGHTLY) when the pen lands on your hand so that the pen doesnt bounce off try starting with very low aerials to get the feel for things. certain camera setups will make low aerials appear high anyways ;)
    yup, he pretty much nailed it. to add to the first part though, practice the aerials so that they go straight up. that way you dont need to move your hand as much which makes it easier to keep your hand in the frame and keep spinning. what i mean by that is that if you shoot the aerial too far one direction, even if you do let it spin, the spinning might not be as appealing if it slows down because you have to move your hand back where it was. I found that the relaxed hand is also VERY important. If you tense up your hand then the pen tends to bounce and then just stop spinning. Dont make it too relaxed either because then you might not have a smooth spinning area for the pen to spin on.

6. Twine
    Date: Thu, Oct 14 2010 04:16:06

In saying that, Bakriser~scissor spin has much more style when you don't follow with your hand etc. etc.

7. Twine
    Date: Sat, Oct 16 2010 01:44:53

[video=youtube;_IJqtO0tSIg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IJqtO0tSIg[/video] Example of a style based bakriser.

8. blahblahting
    Date: Sun, Oct 17 2010 01:16:45

i forgot to mention, make sure the pen spins level in the air