UPSB v4

General Discussion / Commonwealth Games! Final Tasks!

1. neoknux_009
    Date: Wed, Sep 29 2010 00:47:50

Hey guys. Fire Ant, the replacement judge has marked all the combos for all the rounds. The team coordinators should have recieved it by now, except for Yosky. ( i think he changed his name) so Twine you should have it so please pass it on. [B]Please have these results of ALL 4 ROUNDS here by the 6th of October. [/B] And yes.... CWGJudge4 was Australia's judge, and Fire Ant replaced him (also from Australia) so in terms of me choosing specific judges, it was my own teams official judge anyway. So hopefully there will be no confusion with me choosing any /all the judges. The judges came from Australia, and Malaysia. It would have been nice to get more judges to reduce any possible bias, but no other teams submitted. Since i was organizer it was neccessary to get some external Judge (having 2 is ridiculous), and Freeman suited the job pretty well. Anyways. Thanks for being uber patient with the results. Big thanks to the team coordinators, team members and judges. Also more credit for ellusion for making some nice collab videos. I know lots of changes / things could have been done better. Lots of minor things kinda added up. Would like to have another one, but id probably get a panal to organize it rather than 1 person <.< ===================================== The final things ill need you guys to do is this. Throughout the tournament we have had some nice combos and team members. Ive nominated some "Awards" for these videos. Some are: Most Valueable Player Best Stylish Combo Best Original Combo Most Exciting Combo Best Technical Combo Perhaps a couple more. If you can suggest more awards we can start voting soon. (next week hopefully) Try keeping your favourites in mind. =====================================

2. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Sep 29 2010 01:26:37

Deepest gratitude to you neo for organising this whole tourney. Though it was not smooth but it was a highly commendable effort from you!!! It was fun to participate in this and it really pushed me to want to become a better spinner. If you are gonna' organise another one please do ask me if you need help! Great combos by all and thanks for being so much fun to battle with! About the awards thingy. The most valuable player does it refer to only your team or in the entire tourney? Additional questions: (copied some from the post wc discussion) Favourite video? Most surprising spinner? Most disappointing team/spinner? Most interesting theme battle?

3. Twine
    Date: Wed, Sep 29 2010 02:04:03

Yup, I'll forward that PM to Yosky / Sylpheed. ^^ I like all of Hippo's ideas

4. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Wed, Sep 29 2010 02:31:45

yeah hippo got good ideas. big thanks to neo for organising it though, it wasnt smooth, but we all understand it'll be hard to do it solo. hmm cant really think of awards right now, and if we have too many awards, imo it will seem really weird. idk there should be a fixed limit with number of actual winners.

5. neoknux_009
    Date: Wed, Sep 29 2010 03:56:25

lol...lets not vote for "most dissapointing" .. try to keep this happy! id say MVP should just be for all teams. the other teams should be pretty good.

6. cyshing
    Date: Wed, Sep 29 2010 06:17:55

Yeah, agree with those above. I think you did a good job, neoknux. BTW, I haven't receive the scores from Fire Ant. Should i contact him myself? ( i want to know to avoid double PM to him)

7. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Wed, Sep 29 2010 07:35:43

cyshing, download here > http://www.mediafire.com/?511pv040rfbbebk

8. cyshing
    Date: Wed, Sep 29 2010 11:47:49

Thanks, SPRiNGFiELD.

9. Kari-Chan
    Date: Wed, Sep 29 2010 14:06:47

why not MVP for all teams then MVP for entire tourney?

10. Twine
    Date: Wed, Sep 29 2010 22:19:39

Fireant PM'd me: Hey TWine, i cant find Yosky so im sending to you instead. Can you pass this on? Hello, im the replacement judge for judge4. Ive done everything, well done!! http://www.mediafire.com/?511pv040rfbbebk I would like to thank you for your efforts in this pen spinning tournmant. well done. Each and every one of you are winners @ heart. May you continue to blossom in your dreams of pen spinning. now here is a haiku: pen spinning is fun you must keep on pen spinning and achieve your dreams. one day youll all be as good as me. kthxbai.

11. Hippo2626
    Date: Sun, Oct 3 2010 12:52:04

not really sure who is the winner? overall I mean?

12. cyshing
    Date: Tue, Oct 5 2010 16:17:09

Erm, actually i have finished counted the score for main matches. But i'm not sure how to determine the side game score/votes because there are cases like each country gain a vote from each judge for rank#1 or #2. I asked neoknux but still haven't heard from him. Any other team coordinator who knows how to count please PM me an description/explaination?

13. neoknux_009
    Date: Wed, Oct 27 2010 01:10:31

The results. IVe fixed up the Round 4 Weightings so that spinless add to 20. http://www.mediafire.com/?zl9q7eak878uth2 The WINNER IS: AUSTRALIA 2nd PLACE MALAYSIA 3rd PLACE IS SINGAPORE hurra. At least to my results.

14. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Oct 27 2010 01:38:18

CONGRATS AUSSIE!!!! And Thanks again neo!

15. k-ryder
    Date: Wed, Oct 27 2010 02:07:02

yay aussie! congratulations to all the other spinners, it was a nice tornament also superthanks to neo