UPSB v4

Off-topic / Lamp Questionnare

1. JLSpinY
    Date: Sat, Sep 25 2010 16:28:15

I'm making a lamp for my GCSE project this year, and part of my course is market research, thus could you guys fill out this questionnare please. It'll only take a sec :P So, I'm making a study/ decorative lamp with a built in pen holder :P Thanks! Name: (Just your first name if fine, or you could just make up a name) Age: 1. Which type of light bulb do you want? LED Fluorescent Halogen Incandescent 2. What do you want the power input to be? Mains Batteries Solar Powered 3. What material would you like the base of the lamp to be made of? Plastic Wood 4. Do you want the lamp to be portable? Yes No 5. Which room do you use your lamps in most? Study Bedroom Kitchen Living Room Other (If so, please specify) 6. What type of switch would you prefer? Slide Switch Rocker Switch Toggle Switch 7. What theme would you like the lamp to be? Retro Abstract Antique Simplicity 8. Would you like the lamp to be waterproof? Yes No 9. Would you like the lamp to stand out from it’s surroundings? Yes No 10. How tall would you like the pen holding compartment of the lamp to be? 11. Which 2 colours would you like the lamp to be? 12. Want colour do you want the decorative light to be?

2. PerfectionPS
    Date: Sat, Sep 25 2010 17:59:45

Name: Shaun May, you know me already :P Age: 14 (Doing GCSE products like you I guess!) 1. Which type of light bulb do you want? [B]LED[/B] Fluorescent Halogen Incandescent 2. What do you want the power input to be? Mains [B]Batteries[/B] AND [B]Solar Powered[/B] 3. What material would you like the base of the lamp to be made of? [B]Plastic[/B] think both [B]Wood[/B] 4. Do you want the lamp to be portable? [B]Yes[/B] No 5. Which room do you use your lamps in most? [B]Study[/B] and [B]Bedroom[/B] Kitchen Living Room Other (If so, please specify) 6. What type of switch would you prefer? [B]Slide Switch[/B] Rocker Switch Toggle Switch 7. What theme would you like the lamp to be? Retro Abstract Antique [B]Simplicity[/B] This is GCSE, we don't have time for loads of design if simplicity will suffice 10 fold 8. Would you like the lamp to be waterproof? Yes [B]No[/B] I don't use them in the shower, hopefully nobody does. 9. Would you like the lamp to stand out from it’s surroundings? Yes [B]No[/B] But if it lightens them up, I would be grateful. 10. How tall would you like the pen holding compartment of the lamp to be?[B] I think a clip would be best, like[/B] https://www.saircorp.com/images/P/P3290078DT2.jpg 11. Which 2 colours would you like the lamp to be? [B]White + Wood (Maple) Black and Wood (Contrast, white painted) [/B] 12. Want colour do you want the decorative light to be? [B]As in the colour it gives out? White, maybe a toggle between white and red for night use.[/B]

3. JLSpinY
    Date: Sat, Sep 25 2010 19:51:44

Cheers! Keep 'em coming!

4. RR24
    Date: Sat, Sep 25 2010 20:04:23

solar powered lamp? wow.. Name: Bobby :D Age: 63 1. Which type of light bulb do you want? -LED Fluorescent Halogen Incandescent 2. What do you want the power input to be? Mains Batteries -Solar Powered :D (how would this work if it was dark? :dunno:) 3. What material would you like the base of the lamp to be made of? -Plastic Wood (wouldnt it just burst into flames if you left it on too long? :dunno:) 4. Do you want the lamp to be portable? -Yes No 5. Which room do you use your lamps in most? -Study -Bedroom Kitchen -Living Room Other (If so, please specify) 6. What type of switch would you prefer? Slide Switch Rocker Switch -Toggle Switch 7. What theme would you like the lamp to be? -Retro Abstract Antique Simplicity 8. Would you like the lamp to be waterproof? -Yes No 9. Would you like the lamp to stand out from it’s surroundings? Yes -No 10. How tall would you like the pen holding compartment of the lamp to be? umm, vertical or horizontal? if vertical then 24 cm for my mods :D and if horizontal 20 cm 11. Which 2 colours would you like the lamp to be? yellow and lightblue, or all lightgreen 12. Want colour do you want the decorative light to be? PURPLE :O

5. JLSpinY
    Date: Sat, Sep 25 2010 20:38:38

Thanks!

6. PerfectionPS
    Date: Sun, Sep 26 2010 00:27:57

But seriously, we're kidding about the solar powered thing - don't even go there! Try and get a mains/battery hybrid going. Lithium battery perhaps? So it just charges. Might be expensive and you'll need to find the correct parts, but yea, it's worth it.

7. JLSpinY
    Date: Tue, Sep 28 2010 20:20:52

Sure, I think I will do that. Anyone else willing to complete the survey?

8. neXus
    Date: Tue, Sep 28 2010 21:28:55

Name: Patrick Age:20 1. Which type of light bulb do you want? LED 2. What do you want the power input to be? Mains 3. What material would you like the base of the lamp to be made of? Plastic 4. Do you want the lamp to be portable? Yes (as in able to unplug and move it) 5. Which room do you use your lamps in most? Bedroom Living Room 6. What type of switch would you prefer? Rocker Switch 7. What theme would you like the lamp to be? Simplicity 8. Would you like the lamp to be waterproof? No (Why would anyone need that) 9. Would you like the lamp to stand out from it’s surroundings? No 10. How tall would you like the pen holding compartment of the lamp to be? 2 inches 11. Which 2 colours would you like the lamp to be? Black and Green. 12. Want colour do you want the decorative light to be? I don't know what this means but I'll go with green to fit the colors of the lamp.

9. Tetsip
    Date: Wed, Sep 29 2010 01:10:16

Name: Nick Age: 14 1. Which type of light bulb do you want? LED 2. What do you want the power input to be? Solar Powered 3. What material would you like the base of the lamp to be made of? Plastic 4. Do you want the lamp to be portable? Yes 5. Which room do you use your lamps in most? Gameroom 6. What type of switch would you prefer? Toggle Switch 7. What theme would you like the lamp to be? Abstract 8. Would you like the lamp to be waterproof? Yes 9. Would you like the lamp to stand out from it’s surroundings? Yes 10. How tall would you like the pen holding compartment of the lamp to be? Tall enough so it stays 11. Which 2 colours would you like the lamp to be? White and Lime green 12. Want colour do you want the decorative light to be? Uhm... If you mean what light colors is given off... White

10. Zombo
    Date: Wed, Sep 29 2010 02:22:26

Name: John Age: 22 1. Which type of light bulb do you want? don't care 2. What do you want the power input to be? don't care 3. What material would you like the base of the lamp to be made of? don't care 4. Do you want the lamp to be portable? don't care 5. Which room do you use your lamps in most? bedroom 6. What type of switch would you prefer? toggle 7. What theme would you like the lamp to be? simplicity 8. Would you like the lamp to be waterproof? don't care 9. Would you like the lamp to stand out from it’s surroundings? don't care 10. How tall would you like the pen holding compartment of the lamp to be? 22 cm 11. Which 2 colours would you like the lamp to be? light green and dark green 12. Want colour do you want the decorative light to be? light green

11. JLSpinY
    Date: Wed, Sep 29 2010 15:46:42

Thanks!

12. Alvaris
    Date: Thu, Sep 30 2010 13:23:37

Name: Nic Age: 15 1. Which type of light bulb do you want? LED 2. What do you want the power input to be? Solar Powered, if it doesnt go off at all like the calculator lol 3. What material would you like the base of the lamp to be made of? Plastic 4. Do you want the lamp to be portable? Yes 5. Which room do you use your lamps in most? Study/Bedroom 6. What type of switch would you prefer? Slide Switch 7. What theme would you like the lamp to be? Simplicity 8. Would you like the lamp to be waterproof? Yes 9. Would you like the lamp to stand out from it’s surroundings? No 10. How tall would you like the pen holding compartment of the lamp to be? Long enough to hold the pens without it falling off easily~ 11. Which 2 colours would you like the lamp to be? White/Limegreen or violet/lavender 12. Want colour do you want the decorative light to be? White

13. JLSpinY
    Date: Thu, Sep 30 2010 16:25:00

Nice! Thanks!

14. Colin
    Date: Wed, Oct 27 2010 00:48:10

sorry, hoe its still relavant. Name: Mr. Awesome Colin Age:16 1. Which type of light bulb do you want? LED 2. What do you want the power input to be? Mains 3. What material would you like the base of the lamp to be made of? Metal. 4. Do you want the lamp to be portable? No 5. Which room do you use your lamps in most? Living Room 6. What type of switch would you prefer? Slide Switch 7. What theme would you like the lamp to be? Simplicity 8. Would you like the lamp to be waterproof? Yes 9. Would you like the lamp to stand out from it’s surroundings? No 10. How tall would you like the pen holding compartment of the lamp to be? 9cm 11. Which 2 colours would you like the lamp to be? Dark Gray, White 12. Want colour do you want the decorative light to be? Neon pink

15. JLSpinY
    Date: Wed, Oct 27 2010 14:28:45

I've got until the end of the week. Thanks! I'll post a pic when it's completed. (Which will be in 2 years :p)