UPSB v4

Regular Pen Discussion / Doing tricks with a regular pencil

1. PL_MRL
    Date: Sat, Sep 18 2010 20:45:46

Hi, I don't have a mod, and I was just wondering if it's possible to do all of those tricks with a regular pencil? Is it any harder?

2. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sat, Sep 18 2010 21:27:53

It's definitely possible but for harder tricks, some people prefer to use heavy mods since they give more momentum and find the tricks easier to do with mods. If you're just starting out, I would suggest just to stick with pencils or things that you can find around the house and once you get all the fundamentals down, it might be time to invest in a pen mod.

3. Zombo
    Date: Sun, Sep 19 2010 20:28:06

for a beginner, it doesn't matter because the basic tricks are all very feasible on a regular pencil. only the most advanced tricks will be very difficult to do, but still doable.

4. hens
    Date: Sun, Sep 19 2010 21:59:00

definitely possible, as far as i know, shoeman still spins a pencil .__. and if you're just starting out, i found pencils (unsharpened) to be the best because they're relatively light and long

5. mintypaladin
    Date: Mon, Sep 20 2010 00:05:54

sunrise is pro and he is known for spinning a pencil david weis invented scissor spin, levetator, neobak, and other stuff..and he is famous for spinning a pencil i spin with a pencil that has the metal ends removed.. if you havent gotten the point yet, then you shouldnt pursue spinning

6. Vassenato
    Date: Wed, Sep 22 2010 06:13:30

Boom [video=youtube;DAKEQYlDOKw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAKEQYlDOKw[/video] It defiantly makes spinning more difficult.

7. PSVortex
    Date: Sat, Sep 25 2010 12:54:29

It going to take so much time to harder and harder tricks with a pencil

8. AwesomePS:)
    Date: Sat, Sep 25 2010 13:50:51

[QUOTE=Vassenato;24042]Boom [video=youtube;DAKEQYlDOKw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAKEQYlDOKw[/video] It defiantly makes spinning more difficult.[/QUOTE that middle finger is so damn cute

9. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, Sep 26 2010 01:23:39

Actually if you start by spinning a pencil and never spin anything else, it can't make it more difficult because you don't know how anything else spins therefore you can't compare it to anything.

10. Kirby
    Date: Sun, Sep 26 2010 01:40:18

Its like if you only drive a school bus, you can't say its hard because you've never driven a car? lol but yes, you can spin a pencil, but I'd recommend a medium weight mod to begin.

11. PSVortex
    Date: Tue, Sep 28 2010 08:35:46

Well, if u master so much tricks with a pencil the more you can execute the trick better in a mod! :jackson:

12. shAdowz
    Date: Sun, Oct 3 2010 11:10:10

I tried that by using mongol # 2.Its quite easy to spin fundamentals.But for some easy advanced tricks,it is easier too.but for tricks like ayatori and hai tua,i dont prefer a pencil,even if i didn't tried it yet.