UPSB v4

Off-topic / More computer problems

1. k2
    Date: Fri, Sep 17 2010 19:57:09

Ok guys, so I'm having a problem with both my family's laptop and desktop. For the desktop, whenever I google something, I like a result and it takes me to an error page and it says biostocknews or something can't be loaded. Then in like 30 seconds the intended page pops up. For the laptop, whenever we open up a page it says Page cannot be loaded. We click try again, the page loads but with errors, like, the website is just messed up. After the third refresh everything is fine, but when we make a new tab and click a link, the process just starts over. So, any ideas? Fixes? Help would be appreciated.

2. Jamal
    Date: Fri, Sep 17 2010 20:01:31

@k2, get an antivirus, or get a windows disc and just wipe everything off your computer, back up any important files. should fix any problems

3. Tetsip
    Date: Fri, Sep 17 2010 20:25:15

AVG antivirus is win. Also malwarebytes is win. DL em both and you're computer is set from viruses unless you intentionally DL somethine that is dangerous.

4. k2
    Date: Fri, Sep 17 2010 20:27:41

Yeah I know I can, but I'm trying to avoid doing a wipe.

5. Zombo
    Date: Sat, Sep 18 2010 13:14:03

never try to avoid a reformat, for people who are not good with computers and get spywares/antivirus often, its almost inevitable you have to reformat once every 3/6 months

6. VendettaBF
    Date: Sat, Sep 18 2010 21:13:26

avg isnt good, and i agree with zombo. i reformat every 3 months ish. to find out what the problem is: try different browser. if it only happens to one browser than u could just switch to a new one try with other pc if it works on their's than there is something wrong with yours try to go on websites on safemode with networking, if u can go on than most likely u have a virus reformating is easy and you will be very glad afterwards unless you forget to back up important files.

7. exclusive
    Date: Sat, Sep 18 2010 21:30:52

use avast, avg slows down the comp too much

8. hoiboy
    Date: Sat, Sep 18 2010 21:49:37

avast is sooooooo annoying

9. VendettaBF
    Date: Sat, Sep 18 2010 21:50:21

get a paid anti virus. a newly bought condom is better than a free condom on the ground.

10. Zombo
    Date: Sun, Sep 19 2010 03:00:09

uhh not in this case... tbh no anti-virus and just smart thinking is the best... cuz anti-virus especially Mcafee (in the paid ones) can slow down your comp so much with unnecessary protection... so I don't use an anti-virus... I do have microsoft's built-in antivirus (security essentials) but thatsi t never gotten a virus in the last 8 years or so