UPSB v4

Board Help / Sage Theme Glitch

1. Soren
    Date: Tue, Nov 25 2014 18:08:37

After every time I visit this guy's profile, my theme changes to sage. Why? IDPS has given a possible explanation as to why it does so. Something about me loading the images in the spoiler without me opening the spoiler. But what has that got to do with the theme changing? Furthermore, there has been cases of people's theme changing to sage on their own recently too.

2. AfroSquared
    Date: Tue, Nov 25 2014 18:47:35

@Soren happened to me, but i didn't go on IDPS's profile. I was just on SB when suddenly UPSB said ''become a sage, my friend'' and boom! Sage Mode. Anyway, after i was on sb with you today, you told me about IDPS's profile and i went on it, then UPSB said ''how dare you abandon the sage, you shall enmesh yourself into darkness!''. Then Boom! Darkness theme. :P Anywayzzzz, mine has been changed to multiple themes and one of them without IDPS's profile. Probably some glitch in the server but for people who didn't know you could change your theme (like me....), i was confused to why upsb was green.

3. IDPS
    Date: Tue, Nov 25 2014 19:25:09

Haha. I didn't realize I was causing an issue. Its in my Sig so any post I've posted and my profile page will cause that. I'll remove my signature before it gets me in trouble. Its due to a cross site request forgery attack on the theme change request (no session token required). The "image" that was in my Sig is actually the GET request for the theme change. Your browser loads images by making a GET request to the URL provided in the image tags. In this case its not actually an image though.

4. Soren
    Date: Tue, Nov 25 2014 23:19:31

IDPS wrote: Haha. I didn't realize I was causing an issue. Its in my Sig so any post I've posted and my profile page will cause that. I'll remove my signature before it gets me in trouble. Its due to a cross site request forgery attack on the theme change request (no session token required). The "image" that was in my Sig is actually the GET request for the theme change. Your browser loads images by making a GET request to the URL provided in the image tags. In this case its not actually an image though.
    Why do you have such a weird thing embedded in your sig anyways?

5. IDPS
    Date: Wed, Nov 26 2014 00:06:11

IDPS stands for Inter-Dimensional Placer of Sage. You shall all embrace the sage or forever be banished into darkness like the betrayer AfroSquared. If the "image" only loaded when the spoiler was opened it would have been a neat little trick. Though it appears that's not the case, so I'll have to think of something else.

6. Soren
    Date: Wed, Nov 26 2014 00:19:12

IDPS wrote: If the "image" only loaded when the spoiler was opened it would have been a neat little trick. Though it appears that's not the case, so I'll have to think of something else
    What was the image of? And what neat little trick?

7. IDPS
    Date: Wed, Nov 26 2014 00:30:07

The "image" is what caused the theme to change. Its in quotes because its not really an image. Your browser only treated it as one. The trick was changing themes by opening different spoiler tags. The problem is, it was loading the "image" without opening the spoiler which was causing it to change everyone's theme without them interacting with the spoiler at all.