UPSB v4

General Discussion / UPSB Podcast Ep. 3 - Q&A Submissions

1. HobbyLogics
    Date: Sat, Nov 22 2014 23:05:49

Hey guys, so we're starting to approach next month, which is when our next podcast will be recorded. I thought we might as well include a Q&A section in our podcast, similar to how Tentcell's Weekly Radio Show ended up with a Q&A at the end of their stream after talking about UPSBT13. Questions can be about: The podcast idea itself Questions for us personally Future goals What you want to see on the podcast next time Etc. If you want to submit a question, just make a post below.
    [B][COLOR="red"]Make sure you make your questions specific and relevant to the podcast in order for us to create better discussion.[/COLOR][/B]

2. LighT*
    Date: Sat, Nov 22 2014 23:31:00

1.) How do spinners maintain a style? Or at least how do they maintain the same looking flow through their combos that gives them a certain style. 2.) How important do YOU guys think it is to learn as many tricks and pen spinning concepts as you can? 3.) Reason will you fight me, winner gets a pet human

3. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sat, Nov 22 2014 23:48:34

if you had to date a spinner, who would it be? (you can use a wand to turn them into a girl)

4. Monk
    Date: Sun, Nov 23 2014 00:13:54

if you could use a mod as a dildo, what mod it be?

5. Pen15
    Date: Sun, Nov 23 2014 02:17:31

Monk you are so weird. Here's a question. How should we respond to people hating on our spinning? Or if they are ignorant and don't think its cool? How could we spread pen spinning everywhere? I like to see pen spinning more often where i live - America.

6. Quake
    Date: Sun, Nov 23 2014 02:58:36

My question: Do you even lift?

7. LighT*
    Date: Sun, Nov 23 2014 03:43:00

Quake wrote: My question: Do you even lift?
    gg

8. MPC
    Date: Sun, Nov 23 2014 03:55:04

A few questions (wouldn't expect an answer to all of them tho): What was the best PS gathering/meetup each of you have been to and why? Can you describe a brief history of UPSB in under a minute? If you could combine the DNA of various people into one ultimate spinner, what bits of which person would you use? (example: Bonkura's creativity, Gash's looks, etc. - whose general style? whose presentation?) Thanks. mpc

9. Susaki
    Date: Sun, Nov 23 2014 12:32:53

What do you think about long nails in penspinning ?

10. Jolly
    Date: Sun, Nov 23 2014 15:23:42

Untill which age do you guys think you'll be spinning? (active and randomly) Can a person completely unlearn everything in ps after years of not spinning or are certain tricks embodied forever?

11. AfroSquared
    Date: Sun, Nov 23 2014 15:36:49

has pen spinning, in any way, increased or decreased your intelligence.... as in since you've started psing, has your grades gone up, down or stayed the same.? (Mine have surprisingly gone up a bit) What mods have best enhanced YOUR personal psing style? DEBATE: Would you like psing to be popular all over the world? I have wondered this and personally i wouldn't like psing to be popular because our skills will eventually become worthless and it wouldn't impress anyone (you don't have to answer all of these these :P Thanks) Edit ;

Monk wrote: if you could use a mod as a dildo, what mod it be?
    no homo, but.....vgg emboss. NO HOMO!

12. Soren
    Date: Sun, Nov 23 2014 15:57:33

I hope my questions don't get filtered this time. I'm probably asking for the impossible here, but how do you plan a combo without any effort at all? Since I've started pen spinning like 3-4 years ago I've only planned two combos in my entire pen spinning career. Mostly because I just can't be bothered with creating new linkages and what not. I have tried copying other combos (breakdowns found in some old thread), but I always end up giving up because there would be a link that I just couldn't do, or if there was a trick like shadow 34-23 that I couldn't do. I guess there's no easy approach to this, but how should I first approach it that doesn't require much effort from my end? If I can begin with baby steps, I might not be put off with the whole difficulty of it and end up putting in the effort later on. I guess I just want to be spoon fed with an entire plan, where someone feeds me with easy links, and then some easy combos, and so on. My second question relates to my previous question. How do you exactly plan a combo? How do you decide what trick to execute first in a combo? How do you decide on a finisher? How do you try to incorporate different linkages into a combo without making your new combo seem repetitive of your previous combos? More importantly, how do you exactly plan a combo? Please take me through step by step, in which you start from nothing, to a finished combo. And as you plan each step, do you write down your combo? Or do you have godly memory and memories it all?

13. Tentcell
    Date: Mon, Nov 24 2014 02:45:55

Have you ever had a big poop but not have any toilet paper, so you have to shower it off instead of wiping?

14. shoeman6
    Date: Mon, Nov 24 2014 04:49:43

Mind if I come on??

15. kvanimation
    Date: Mon, Nov 24 2014 05:18:34

Do you love me?

16. Soren
    Date: Sat, Nov 29 2014 21:04:40

How do you practise pen spinning? Where do you practise? Do you warm up? Walk me through your daily routine of practising. Do you just spin whenever you can? What is whenever you can for you? Or do you give yourself 1 hour a day, in which you sit at your desk and you prctiase for a whole hour non stop? And how exactly do you practise? What are you practising? A new linkage? How do you practise that? Just do it over and over until you get it right? Or do you keep doing it over and over until you can't get it wrong? ----------------------------------- What has kept you to continuously spin for all these years? Why haven't you stopped spinning yet? Is it the general appeal of pen spinning? Is it the competitive side of pen spinning? Or is it just a general hobby that you haven't got tired of yet? ------------------------ Haven't you ever felt fed up of pen spinning? Like you just cbb to spin anymore? If you did, why did you feel that way and what make you spin again? -------------------------- If someone asked you what is pen spinning, how would you explain pen spinning to them?

17. Soren
    Date: Mon, Dec 1 2014 16:35:54

Why do you think that some parents are against pen spinning?