UPSB v4

General Discussion / Polar pen challenge and giveaway

1. Ashes
    Date: Tue, Nov 11 2014 19:18:18

Dear fellow pen spinners who have far greater skills than me.....for now ha! If you're up for the challenge of creating a pen spinning, mod or trick video with Polar pen, send me a message. I'm giving away at least 10 to the most active members of the community. Here it is in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcjOZW7Vxbg How it works: 1) You agree to the challenge and message me 2) I ship you a Silver or Black edition (you choice) worth $39.95 USD 3) You create a 720p (HQ) video on your own YouTube channel showing your Polar Pen skills 4) I share the videos like crazy via social, blogs etc (the more ideas and videos you create, the more I can share your videos/channel/links to this awesome place) Ps. This was just posted on PenSpinningNews (Facebook) by ellusion67. If you didn't make the cut, message me directly. Dare I say Godspeed? haha (sun)

2. Xzeria
    Date: Tue, Nov 11 2014 21:43:47

Interesting. UPSB elite gogogo!! @Van @All those other people I probl offended by not having a personal @.

3. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, Nov 11 2014 21:58:38

Ashes wrote: Dear fellow pen spinners who have far greater skills than me.....for now ha! If you're up for the challenge of creating a pen spinning, mod or trick video with Polar pen, send me a message. I'm giving away at least 10 to the most active members of the community. Here it is in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcjOZW7Vxbg How it works: 1) You agree to the challenge and message me 2) I ship you a Silver or Black edition (you choice) worth $39.95 USD 3) You create a 720p (HQ) video on your own YouTube channel showing your Polar Pen skills 4) I share the videos like crazy via social, blogs etc (the more ideas and videos you create, the more I can share your videos/channel/links to this awesome place) Ps. This was just posted on PenSpinningNews (Facebook) by ellusion67. If you didn't make the cut, message me directly. Dare I say Godspeed? haha (sun)
    I'm one of the most active spinners on this board, should I just post here or..? Spinning example: [video=youtube;yszav6R7YpY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yszav6R7YpY[/video]

4. JackyMacky
    Date: Tue, Nov 11 2014 22:49:13

Xzeria wrote: Interesting. UPSB elite gogogo!!
    I already have one....I don't want another one. :/

5. HobbyLogics
    Date: Wed, Nov 12 2014 00:20:19

@JackyMacky 2p2h Polar pen

6. suppyfezzy
    Date: Wed, Nov 12 2014 03:30:22

Um... that thing looks amazing, i cant wait to see what kind of videos people will come up with

7. MPC
    Date: Wed, Nov 12 2014 03:34:30

National speed limit in the UK is 70mph. Is godspeed faster than that? I don't see it on my speed dial.

8. i.suk
    Date: Wed, Nov 12 2014 03:48:03

pm sent @Van http://www.reddit.com/r/kickstarter/comments/1mc0pq/polar_its_a_pen_its_a_stylus_its_a_tool_its_a_toy/ someone said it weighs 60g...lel

9. Van
    Date: Wed, Nov 12 2014 03:48:47

@JackyMacky how heavy is this thing

10. JackyMacky
    Date: Wed, Nov 12 2014 05:10:17

Van wrote: @JackyMacky how heavy is this thing
    Pretty heavy. Like a metal rod. I don't have exact measurements haha. :/

11. Ashes
    Date: Wed, Nov 12 2014 05:20:22

JackyMacky wrote: Pretty heavy. Like a metal rod. I don't have exact measurements haha. :/
    About 130 grams all together. It's indeed a challenge! :)

12. Ashes
    Date: Wed, Nov 12 2014 05:22:44

Ceru Seiyu wrote: I'm one of the most active spinners on this board, should I just post here or..? Spinning example: [video=youtube;yszav6R7YpY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yszav6R7YpY[/video]
    Skillz! I'll DM you :)

13. Ashes
    Date: Wed, Nov 12 2014 05:24:10

MPC wrote: National speed limit in the UK is 70mph. Is godspeed faster than that? I don't see it on my speed dial.
    This!! http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/07/03/b-c-speed-limit-bump-to-120-kmh-reflects-growing-consensus-that-faster-is-often-safer/

14. Zkhan
    Date: Wed, Nov 12 2014 05:55:09

Sent a PM earlier, didnt know if you got it. Here's a video [video=youtube;xKScLxLv4_8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKScLxLv4_8[/video]

15. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Wed, Nov 12 2014 07:13:56

Got a better camera available if need be, so quality should not be a problem. :)

16. i.suk
    Date: Wed, Nov 12 2014 09:26:14

[video=youtube;oTAawyY5NTA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTAawyY5NTA[/video] :D

17. fang
    Date: Wed, Nov 12 2014 10:59:10

Wow, the modding possibilities with these pens! D:

18. exclusive
    Date: Wed, Nov 12 2014 17:06:03

sent pm

19. ChainBreak
    Date: Wed, Nov 12 2014 22:05:41

130g is pretty heavy. Would the spinner be allowed to modify the pen or does it have to be spun as it is? Because as it is it seems pretty short and the weight distribution is even which would make spinning it a lot harder. Some modders would probably be able to make some good mods out of the materials.

20. Ashes
    Date: Thu, Nov 13 2014 04:56:55

I wish this could happen in one place while being captured by Kuma Films. That would be epic. Either way this [B]is[/B] going to be legendary!! :) Thanks for all the messages guys.

21. Ashes
    Date: Thu, Nov 13 2014 04:59:56

yes! Modify, transform, it's all game. This pen is at your pen spinning creative will :) Weight wise, it is approximately 130 grams fully assembled.

22. i.suk
    Date: Thu, Nov 13 2014 08:46:18

ChainBreak wrote: 130g is pretty heavy. Would the spinner be allowed to modify the pen or does it have to be spun as it is? Because as it is it seems pretty short and the weight distribution is even which would make spinning it a lot harder. Some modders would probably be able to make some good mods out of the materials.
    i can imagine making some long 2-part mod like what rook spun before, being joined by magnets and each half spinnable by itself

23. fang
    Date: Thu, Nov 13 2014 10:44:27

If you're up for the challenge of creating a [B]pen spinning, mod or trick video [/B]with Polar pen
    As looking for the challenge, a mod, combo and a trick video are allowed. I am looking forward to see what people will come up with. I wonder if people going to take it from a different perspective. We are penspinners after all, so I expect to see a lot of ways to make the mod spinnable. In the promotion video it said it also takes up to having fun, is it allowed to continue that path? @[B]Ashes[/B]
    ChainBreak wrote: 130g is pretty heavy. Would the spinner be allowed to modify the pen or does it have to be spun as it is? Because as it is it seems pretty short and the weight distribution is even which would make spinning it a lot harder. Some modders would probably be able to make some good mods out of the materials.
    We should ask A13x to spin that thing. I think he is the only one with experience with ultra heavy mods. :rofl: Also: @Lost Angelus Brining in some amazing modders!

24. Walkaz
    Date: Thu, Nov 13 2014 13:15:36

@Ashes sent message on upsb :) I can film with a dslr so quality shouldnt be a problem eh ;)

25. Ashes
    Date: Sat, Nov 15 2014 01:24:34

Hear ye! I failed to mention that this challenge is not open to Canadian residents. Yes I am Canadian. Yes the Polar Pen is a Canadian invention. However, we Canadians have very particular regulations when it comes to magnets. I'm really sorry! Especially to the two epic spinners in BC who reached out.

26. exclusive
    Date: Sat, Nov 15 2014 19:20:58

Ashes wrote: Hear ye! I failed to mention that this challenge is not open to Canadian residents. Yes I am Canadian. Yes the Polar Pen is a Canadian invention. However, we Canadians have very particular regulations when it comes to magnets. I'm really sorry! Especially to the two epic spinners in BC who reached out.
    lol i know ur refering to me

27. Ashes
    Date: Tue, Nov 18 2014 03:18:17

exclusive wrote: lol i know ur refering to me
    Was it the BC or epic spinner mention that gave it away? hehe I still feel horrible. Blame Canada? :)

28. shoeman6
    Date: Tue, Nov 18 2014 22:20:04

Always happy to see people supporting the pen spinning community. Massive amounts of talent and potential here on UPSB. @iColor;

29. TurbulentTurtle
    Date: Tue, Nov 25 2014 04:36:58

I received two of these pens when the Kickstarter was active a while back. They are heavy as shit, but I have little girl fingers so take that how you will.

30. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Thu, Nov 27 2014 11:33:49

First impressions are that it can be made super long... and that it's the heaviest pen I've ever had O_o Will be making videos soon

31. cl3ud.kr
    Date: Thu, Nov 27 2014 16:51:56

Ceru Seiyu wrote: First impressions are that it can be made super long... and that it's the heaviest pen I've ever had O_o Will be making videos soon
    it can be made super long ?? my problem is that it's too short.

32. Solaire
    Date: Thu, Nov 27 2014 17:52:59

cl3ud.kr wrote: it can be made super long ?? my problem is that it's too short.
    if you had 2 you could add more magnets to it for extension

33. MPC
    Date: Thu, Nov 27 2014 17:55:11

Ceru Seiyu wrote: First impressions are that it can be made super long... and that it's the heaviest pen I've ever had O_o Will be making videos soon
    Yours arrived already? mpc