UPSB v4

Member Introductions / Hey Guys, I'm Kevin

1. Kevinkdragon
    Date: Sun, Nov 9 2014 22:53:07

Hi all, Been a lurker for some time, and thought I should finally join. I started pen spinning this summer of this year, and I feel like this is something I'm going to start investing my time and effort into, because its such a great way to do something with my hands whenever! So far I know all the fundamentals, the Twisted Sonic, the Reverse Thumbaround, and I'm halfway on learning the Thumbaround Harmonic. I hope to learn quite a lot still, and hope to meet some cool people! Peace!

2. Solid
    Date: Sun, Nov 9 2014 23:31:44

welcome!!! have any questions? personal message me. make sure to read the rules and have fun @Kevinkdragon

3. Lost Angelus
    Date: Sun, Nov 9 2014 23:42:46

@Kevinkdragon, Welcome to UPSB! It's awesome that you're excited to put in the effort when it comes to pen spinning. It's such a versatile and entertaining hobby. Pen spinning is probably one of the coolest hobbies because it's a fun and PORTABLE hobby, has no limitations, and is cool to "show off." Not to mention that it's literally the most impressive dexterity-based things you can do with your hands (in my opinion). I don't regret the time and effort I put into spinning because it's that "challenging yourself" kind of fun, and spinning can easily be done while doing other things (i.e., watching TV/Movies, surfing the web, etc.) Lol, I used to be a lurker too; I'd be all over this forum and just be a guest, never signing up. I'm so glad I made an account because it's awesome to be able to contribute and get to know people! I love meeting new people. Don't forget to use the Shoutbox at the top and ask any and all questions! People on this forum are always happy to help! I hope this doesn't sound like a really creepy question, but which state do you live in? Feel free to message me for anything! :D

4. Kevinkdragon
    Date: Sun, Nov 9 2014 23:59:46

Thanks for the welcome guys :) Los Angelus, I hear you on the portablility. In class? Pull out my pen. On the bus? Pull out my pen. Even at work, when I'm thinking about a problem, I spin my pen around. I've found myself grabbing my pen instead of my phone recently, which I guess is good lol.

Lost Angelus wrote: I hope this doesn't sound like a really creepy question, but which state do you live in?
    Haha not creepy, don't worry. I live in California.

5. Solid
    Date: Mon, Nov 10 2014 00:04:00

@Kevinkdragon SOCAL????

6. Kevinkdragon
    Date: Mon, Nov 10 2014 00:05:45

Nope, NorCal

7. Lost Angelus
    Date: Mon, Nov 10 2014 00:10:01

@Kevinkdragon OMG I know right?! It's like the go-to safety net for people or during an awkward situation is to pull out their phones. Whipping out a pen is so much cooler. What pen/mod have you been spinning? If you want help choosing a mod or making one, I'd be more than happy to assist. I'm not the best person to ask when it comes to tricks (because I'm still learning), but I've had a bit of experience when it comes to modding. Damn, I'm looking for Pen Spinning friendlies that I could meet in real life. You're lucky you live in California by the way. There's a bunch of spinners in California. In fact, there's going to be a Pen Spinning Gathering this winter for people in California. You should consider going because it'd be awesome to meet a bunch of people. I live in Wisconsin, so finding people nearby is hard T_T

8. Soren
    Date: Mon, Nov 10 2014 00:15:53

Kevin the dragon amongst men.

9. SuperVValrus
    Date: Mon, Nov 10 2014 00:15:53

wow

10. ShadowParadox
    Date: Mon, Nov 10 2014 08:38:41

Welcome to upsb! Help with tricks? Weeeeeeeeeellllll......*ahem**ahem*

11. fang
    Date: Mon, Nov 10 2014 09:09:42

Welcome on UPSB, make sure to read the rules. Feel free to ask questions, most of this board members are delighted to help you!

A friendly internet community where the members are hot, the moderators crazy and we spin pens while we actually should be sleeping. Welcome to UPSB!

12. LighT*
    Date: Mon, Nov 10 2014 16:38:53

Kevinkdragon wrote: Hi all, Been a lurker for some time, and thought I should finally join. I started pen spinning this summer of this year, and I feel like this is something I'm going to start investing my time and effort into, because its such a great way to do something with my hands whenever! So far I know all the fundamentals, the Twisted Sonic, the Reverse Thumbaround, and I'm halfway on learning the Thumbaround Harmonic. I hope to learn quite a lot still, and hope to meet some cool people! Peace!
    hey my names kevin too XD Welcome to upsb!

13. Kevinkdragon
    Date: Mon, Nov 10 2014 19:18:27

Thanks for all the warm welcomes :) Right now I'm trying to get the double charge down. I have the twisted sonic down flat. Smooth and fast. Still having trouble with the double charge though, but I think I need to give it time. I keep hitting my palm or my thumb.

14. MPC
    Date: Mon, Nov 10 2014 19:22:28

Welcome! Double charge took me forever. It's a boring bit of advice, I know, but: practice, practice, practice… mpc

15. Kevinkdragon
    Date: Mon, Nov 10 2014 19:50:07

Yup, I hear ya! Thats the only reason I was able to do TA reverse